To believe or not believe...

Will a production CT from Giga Texas be delivered to a reservation holder before 1 Jan 2023?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I am hoping Elon will surprise us all with the Ct delivery(a few will be enough to call it that) to the Employee(Elon himself of course).
I think we’re all hoping first deliveries happen ASAP.

The Gigapress is in the wrong country right now. 4680 isn’t quite ready for Cybertruck. High speed folding machines ?? Not sure.
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Rob Maurer speculates on 9 ton delivery/setup :

OP
OP
SpaceYooper

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Cliff Notes from the video regarding the 9T Gigapress estimated timeline.
Based on current Gigapress standards with their other (smaller) presses.
14 days to disassemble and pack.
24 days port to Houston
That puts us at 38 days
Reassembly time is 30 days.
Roughly 68 days from the start of disassembly to reassembly in place. (Assumes it can travel from the port in Houston to GigaTexas in the same day....not likely)

If disassembly starts in mid June, the best case scenario is that it's reassembled at GigaTexas in September.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am hoping Elon will surprise us all with the Ct delivery(a few will be enough to call it that) to the Employee(Elon himself of course).
well he surprised us today with lay-offs.....

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Cliff Notes from the video regarding the 9T Gigapress estimated timeline.
Based on current Gigapress standards with their other (smaller) presses.
14 days to disassemble and pack.
24 days port to Houston
That puts us at 38 days
Reassembly time is 30 days.
Roughly 68 days from the start of disassembly to reassembly in place. (Assumes it can travel from the port in Houston to GigaTexas in the same day....not likely)

If disassembly starts in mid June, the best case scenario is that it's reassembled at GigaTexas in September.
I’ve seen that somewhere around here….

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Elon plays Start Trek 3D Chess.

Tesla Cybertruck To believe or not believe... 1654312773222

I strongly doubt he will be effecting anyone, or effecting the hiring of anyone, who has an important part to play in the 10-year plan. In particular mining, land procurement, new factories, AI, etc etc etc.

After the last shedding, hiring skyrocketed soon after.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Elon’s comment focused on encouraging work from home back to the office. A bit of a cluster approach. (All my opinion)

He should keep some opinions to himself, many people react without thought. My reaction early morning was based on predicting 80 rule reaction.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
So, by extension, instead of score, bend, weld the body of Cybertruck is to be folded by the 9T giga press? This will certainly save time and money. Elon for the win!

Straight up.
Surely they won't be pressing the body out with a 9,000 ton press. That sucker will be making the rear underbody and/or Front underbody.

However... If the body WERE to be cast... Man, how much less expensive would the production be? It'd be hard for any body panel on frame manufacturer to compete on price.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Surely they won't be pressing the body out with a 9,000 ton press. That sucker will be making the rear underbody and/or Front underbody.

However... If the body WERE to be cast... Man, how much less expensive would the production be? It'd be hard for any body panel on frame manufacturer to compete on price.
Casts are aluminium not stainless steel. The stainless body panels will be folded.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Elon’s comment focused on encouraging work from home back to the office. A bit of a cluster approach. (All my opinion)

He should keep some opinions to himself, many people react without thought. My reaction early morning was based on predicting 80 rule reaction.
Huh? The comment from Elon was an internal email to other high-level execs. It looks like it was shared with someone who leaked it but it wasn't necessarily Elon who did that.

But don't let the facts stop you from acting like Elon is the one who blabbed internal communication and made it public.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Huh? The comment from Elon was an internal email to other high-level execs. It looks like it was shared with someone who leaked it but it wasn't necessarily Elon who did that.

But don't let the facts stop you from acting like Elon is the one who blabbed internal communication and made it public.
The series of events as I experienced in bullet points

1. EM publicly announced WFH should return to the office if they want to remain employed
2. Leek for the 10% reduction and the I donut feel good about economy
3. EM publicly clarified the 10% reduction was for white collar and not blue collar workers.

The WFH comment would be handled differently by me and thus my opinion comment. If fact, I enforced documentation any employee who transitioned to WFH may be recalled at any time due to their position requires in office. If their performance slips, they are also directed to return to the office. In a nutshell, I still experience some who try to stay working from home, those who perform can continue until I bring all back.

This is the approach I would have done differently compared to the public statements. 8 have also joked in the past, I sell my shares when EM tweets and repurchase a day or so later when craziness subsides.

All in all, part my unfunny humor and distaste for the approach and leaks.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
The series of events as I experienced in bullet points

1. EM publicly announced WFH should return to the office if they want to remain employed
2. Leek for the 10% reduction and the I donut feel good about economy
3. EM publicly clarified the 10% reduction was for white collar and not blue collar workers.

The WFH comment would be handled differently by me and thus my opinion comment. If fact, I enforced documentation any employee who transitioned to WFH may be recalled at any time due to their position requires in office. If their performance slips, they are also directed to return to the office. In a nutshell, I still experience some who try to stay working from home, those who perform can continue until I bring all back.

This is the approach I would have done differently compared to the public statements. 8 have also joked in the past, I sell my shares when EM tweets and repurchase a day or so later when craziness subsides.

All in all, part my unfunny humor and distaste for the approach and leaks.
It makes me wonder why you are invested in a company run by someone who does things in such an inferior manner to the way you would run the company. Since you know how to run a company better, shouldn't you just sell all your shares and use the capital to start a company run by yourself, someone who would not use such a sub-optimal approach to managing a company?

Or, as an investor who profits by timing buys and sells with Tweets, wouldn't you be embracing this behavior and encouraging more of it so you could profit more often?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
It makes me wonder why you are invested in a company run by someone who does things in such an inferior manner to the way you would run the company. Since you know how to run a company better, shouldn't you just sell all your shares and use the capital to start a company run by yourself, someone who would not use such a sub-optimal approach to managing a company?

Or, as an investor who profits by timing buys and sells with Tweets, wouldn't you be embracing this behavior and encouraging more of it so you could profit more often?
Why invest in Tesla? Simple, I am bullish in the long term.

The argument about taking my toys and going home to start a company is foolish to infer a successful person must do everything correct and nothing wrong. I am a fan of Elon, I am a great fan of Tesla and SpaceX but, I do not share some of his political views and would make some decisions differently given the same circumstances. Yes, some of those decisions would lead to better results, others less so.

As an investor, I rather the growth be related to company success and not influenced by uncertainty. In reality, uncertainty and investing is hand in hand.

Why do you think I should take a black or white position instead of living in gray?
Sponsored