To believe or not believe...

Will a production CT from Giga Texas be delivered to a reservation holder before 1 Jan 2023?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
His answer, like many things he says, was vague. He probably does it intentionally as his recent email to Tesla employees about coming back to work was anything but vague.
His answer, "cybertruck body" is like the answer 42. Now that we know what the answer is, we have to search for the question.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I think Elon is an investor in CTOC forum. He purposely gives us vague tidbits to keep the clicks coming. We fill 10 pages with speculation deciphering his tweets. Lots of clicks.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
The press will have to be disassembled, packed, put on a cargo ship, delivered, unpacked, reassembled, tested, fitted with the custom molds, tested again, and calibrated. That will all take around 3-4 months. Then they still have to figure out how to take what the press spits out and teach workers how to reliably make an entire CT, then make sure it's ready for prime time.

The year is over in 6 months (edit: and 29 days). I (still) gotta say. . .

Tesla Cybertruck To believe or not believe... No

But by spring/summer of 2023 we might see something good happen.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Year is over in 7 months.

I don’t think we’ll see the Cybertruck in customer hands before year end, but it’s 7 months. Or 6 months and 29 days if you want to nitpick.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
On a side note, I'm not sure you have ever answered a yes or no question in your life without providing some kind of caveot.

Q. Do you love your spouse?
A. The Greeks have multiple words defining love.
In that I share with Elon ^-^

The driving desire to be accurate sometimes means I end up being more confusing even as I try to be less.

-Crissa

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
My theory on Y’s sitting is Tesla is protecting themselves. Both from competitor and their image.

They are however delivering them at this point, and so I’d remove that variable from timeline of the CT.

I’d be lying and insane to say “all they need is this press”, but it’s sure a big step. Conservatively projecting Q2/23 deliveries.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
However you want to interpret it.

On a side note, I'm not sure you have ever answered a yes or no question in your life without providing some kind of caveot.

Q. Do you love your spouse?
A. The Greeks have multiple words defining love.
however.......the better question is: have you stopped bearing your wife?..........you're screwed either way.....🤣

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Musk tweeted to confirm the 9k Ton press was for the CT body. There is another thread floating around here with the link.
So, by extension, instead of score, bend, weld the body of Cybertruck is to be folded by the 9T giga press? This will certainly save time and money. Elon for the win!
I think Elon is an investor in CTOC forum. He purposely gives us vague tidbits to keep the clicks coming. We fill 10 pages with speculation deciphering his tweets. Lots of clicks.
Straight up.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
So, by extension, instead of score, bend, weld the body of Cybertruck is to be folded by the 9T giga press? This will certainly save time and money. Elon for the win!
No. Think of it like a clam shell. One half is complex, it needs to seat the motors, hold the bed, and give something for the shocks to grab on to.

The other half is the outside, smooth, hardened panels creating the arches that carry the weight from front to back, that holds the doors and windows. That'll be scored and folded and mated to the aluminum core.

-Crissa

meleagris4

First Name
brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
subaru forester
Occupation
professor
Country flag
There is a chance that this will be for a third gigacasting for all the body frame above the structural battery. While it wouldn’t be a massive casting like the front and rear, it would have a lot of narrow channels that would need the 9T force.

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
I am hoping Elon will surprise us all with the Ct delivery(a few will be enough to call it that) to the Employee(Elon himself of course).
Sponsored