ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
They need the cover to keep the aerodynamic drag in check. So it most definitely will be included and not optional. Apparently, there's going to be an option to make it solar, which will ad about 15 miles of range per day, and the cover stores under the bed of the truck when it's stowed.
Folding solar panel tonneau cover would be amazing, but I wonder how long you have to be in the sun to add that 15 miles of range a day.
Sponsored

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I have heard so many people say they don’t like the Cybertruck because they cannot access the small things up by the cab. This is looking at the Cybertruck truck from the context of a traditional truck. Instead of the small stuff being in the bed it will be in the Cache (frunk) or in the under bed storage. Don’t need to stick something right behind the cab so it does not blow away because of the cover.

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
My questions about the tonneau cover, is it waterproof and if it is, how long will it stay waterproof? That's a lot of moving parts.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
My questions about the tonneau cover, is it waterproof and if it is, how long will it stay waterproof? That's a lot of moving parts.
I was also curious if it was going to be waterproof/resistant. Hopefully waterproof!

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I think with the slope of the cover they could make it water resistant easily however water proof would be harder. I am sure Tesla will be trying for water proof based on most tonneau covers keep water off of the bed. I wonder how much dust will get in the bed with the cover closed.

Bigsur345

Banned
Banned
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda, '72 Ford Ranchero, 2017 Moar Rapt II E-Bike
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
With regard to the tonneau cover solar option, I’d like to see in addition, or in lieu of the deployable solar panels, standard ports to plug in portable panels

Bigsur345

Banned
Banned
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda, '72 Ford Ranchero, 2017 Moar Rapt II E-Bike
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
However, I do realize the charging benefit borders on nominal, but the option would be relatively inexpensive For Tesla to provide

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
I'd like something simple, like this, maybe with some some slide out extra solar panels. Have it all powered with the onboard air compressor. An added benefit would be that you could angle it toward the sun, no matter how you are parked.
Tesla Cybertruck Tonneau cover..... 2014-via-vtrux-soltrux-med
Sponsored