Too expensive...not going to be able to order after 4 years

Joe_T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Country flag
As a day 1 reservation holder, I am super sad but I had hoped the innovations in design would lead to simplification and thus cost reduction, enabling no more than a 10-15% increase in cost from the Original $49K Dual and the $69K Tri, but with the AWD now being 60% more, at 79K (and still a similar range as originally for the dual), and the Tri motor 43% more, with much less range (or 66% more if you include the range extender)., I just can't afford a vehicle that expensive. I'm going to have to skip order/cancel reservation when it comes up. I"ve made another reservation, in hopes that once they catch up to all the pre-orders/demand (2-6 years) that the price will drop based on improved efficiency. Maybe then I can afford it's closer to $80K with 500mi range, or 60K with 340 range. Sad day for me.
Sponsored

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
As a day 1 reservation holder, I am super sad but I had hoped the innovations in design would lead to simplification and thus cost reduction, enabling no more than a 10-15% increase in cost from the Original $49K Dual and the $69K Tri, but with the AWD now being 60% more, at 79K (and still a similar range as originally for the dual), and the Tri motor 43% more, with much less range (or 66% more if you include the range extender)., I just can't afford a vehicle that expensive. I'm going to have to skip order/cancel reservation when it comes up. I"ve made another reservation, in hopes that once they catch up to all the pre-orders/demand (2-6 years) that the price will drop based oI feel ya, //I'm in the same boatn improved efficiency. Maybe then I can afford it's closer to $80K with 500mi range, or 60K with 340 range. Sad day for me.
As a day 1 reservation holder, I am super sad but I had hoped the innovations in design would lead to simplification and thus cost reduction, enabling no more than a 10-15% increase in cost from the Original $49K Dual and the $69K Tri, but with the AWD now being 60% more, at 79K (and still a similar range as originally for the dual), and the Tri motor 43% more, with much less range (or 66% more if you include the range extender)., I just can't afford a vehicle that expensive. I'm going to have to skip order/cancel reservation when it comes up. I"ve made another reservation, in hopes that once they catch up to all the pre-orders/demand (2-6 years) that the price will drop based on improved efficiency. Maybe then I can afford it's closer to $80K with 500mi range, or 60K with 340 range. Sad day for me.
I feel ya, man. I'm in the same boat. No can do at 60% more.

Jamessmooth007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I’m really sorry. Not as much fun if we all don’t win :/

awhehackeur

First Name
Whehack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES
Occupation
AS Engineer
Country flag
On the brighter side, those of us who can't afford or wait for our turn, can gradually stash away some $$$ in TSLA while cheering on the success of the CT product launch. Hopefully many many moons later, the stock appreciation would reflect and reward us (late adopters) not only enough to afford a CT but all of the cool accessories that come with it.

Pickup truck segment is a lucrative business with large margin, a bread and butter that both Ford and GM rely on for profits and survival. And, there is no doubt that Tesla can penetrate and bite a good trunk of the segment.

Cheers

Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
On the brighter side, those of us who can't afford or wait for our turn, can gradually stash away some $$$ in TSLA while cheering on the success of the CT product launch. Hopefully many many moons later, the stock appreciation would reflect and reward us (late adopters) not only enough to afford a CT but all of the cool accessories that come with it.

Pickup truck segment is a lucrative business with large margin, a bread and butter that both Ford and GM rely on for profits and survival. And, there is no doubt that Tesla can penetrate and bite a good trunk of the segment.

Cheers
Very sad for the many thatve contributed here for years to get priced out and not provided the options promised.

“Buy more Tesla stock” is a pretty tone deaf, if not delusional response

bruce91748

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now-M3 RWD, Taycan CT4 Past-MS90D,BMW i3,Polestar2
Country flag
With all the talk about 48V, Ethernet bus, giga castings, and new battery tech that can cut costs drastically, the price of the CT is about the same as a Rivian R1T if comparably equipped. With this said, Rivian is losing tens of thousands of dollars per truck though so maybe these costs savings are just bringing Tesla to cost parity which is truly is a great achievement. So I think Tesla is not pricing the truck to lose money, if any at all. But will I be getting the Beast at $100K? Hell no! I'll keep my Sprinter van and Model 3 combo for now.
Sponsored