Too expensive...not going to be able to order after 4 years

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
The F150 Lightning isn’t selling because it’s just the same as the gas one with a battery in it. It’s not an exciting new product. And also, Ford is still selling gas ones. Lots of people are still afraid of going full electric. Given a choice, many will pick gas.

Tesla is fully 100% electric and commited to it. If you want a Tesla, it will be electric.
Sponsored

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
The F150 Lightning isn’t selling because it’s just the same as the gas one with a battery in it. It’s not an exciting new product. And also, Ford is still selling gas ones. Lots of people are still afraid of going full electric. Given a choice, many will pick gas.

Tesla is fully 100% electric and commited to it. If you want a Tesla, it will be electric.
Perhaps in 2015 when the new versions of the lightning and silverado appear, the CT may have a run for its money. As things are looking I doubt very much if I will be buying an electric truck before then so my silverado and M3 will need to last a couple more years.

The silverado and lightning will both be able to use the tesla supercharging network as well.