JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Patent Attorney
Country flag
Today was the day! Delivery went smooth and thx to everyone at the Irvine SC.

Initial Thoughts after driving the CT around a bit:

-Its hard to explain the CT, it looks & is a massive truck but it has the handling & performance of a smaller sports car. The CT is a pretty quiet drive.

-The steer by wire is a complete game changer. It makes driving the CT a breeze and the turning radius is so tight, it's mind boggling how it can make the tightest u-turns. My wife is small Vietnamese gal and had never driven a truck before in her life and after a couple minutes driving around the parking lot she was comfortable & drove the CT home. She absolutely luvs the steering & driving style of the CT.

-If ur coming from a Model 3 or Y, u might have a larger adjustment bc of the ride height & size of the CT plus the the differences in the steer by wire. But if ur coming from a Model X or any large SUV, u should be fine with the size of the CT.

-Tesla has really improved the interior quality with the CT. I also own a 2018 Model X, which I luv & is my daily driver. The CT's interior is miles better than my X. The materials and seats feel more luxury for sure. And I absolutely luv the interior LED lighting.

-Dont buy the CT if you are shy & don't like attention or like talking to people when u exit and enter ur car. U just have to deal with it.

-The sound system in the CT is the best I've ever heard in a car. It's loud, but crystal clear and finely tuned.

-The UI is complete custom for the CT and its beautiful & intuitive.

-Our home has a standard 2 car garage and the CT fit fine and even with a little room to spare.

-The CT has two wireless areas and makes charging ur phones easy & clean (no wires!)

-The CT does not have homelink but does connect to garage doors that have the "my Q" wireless connectivity.

-The foundation series "premium accessories" does not include the vault storage divider

- Fingerprints are a very big issue and they don't come off easily. I would recommend a vinyl wrap or ppf wrap to solve it or else it may drive u crazy

- For Parents with small kids:
-Backseat TV screen is independent from the front screen. You can also control the sound so it only plays in the back so u dont have to hear the "Wiggles" or "Doc Mcstuffins" play on repeat

-Backseat can fit 3 car seats

-A lot of room underneath the backseats for diaper bags & toys etc...

I'll be glad to any questions from the community and open to renting our CT out for drives & events etc... so more people can experience it.

Just DM me. You can also find me on X (@patentjt), thx everyone!

Tesla Cybertruck Took delivery yesterday in Irvine!  The Cybertruck is simply an amazing vehicle 20240127_133133

Tesla Cybertruck Took delivery yesterday in Irvine!  The Cybertruck is simply an amazing vehicle 20240127_133046

Tesla Cybertruck Took delivery yesterday in Irvine!  The Cybertruck is simply an amazing vehicle 20240127_134508

Tesla Cybertruck Took delivery yesterday in Irvine!  The Cybertruck is simply an amazing vehicle 20240127_132644

Tesla Cybertruck Took delivery yesterday in Irvine!  The Cybertruck is simply an amazing vehicle 20240127_143250

Tesla Cybertruck Took delivery yesterday in Irvine!  The Cybertruck is simply an amazing vehicle ZVE01735.JPG

Tesla Cybertruck Took delivery yesterday in Irvine!  The Cybertruck is simply an amazing vehicle ZVE01733.JPG

Sponsored

Last edited:

Mattsplat

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag

-Its hard to explain the CT, it looks & is a massive truck but it has the handling & performance of a smaller sports car. The CT is a pretty quiet drive.

-The steer by wire is a complete game changer. It makes driving the CT a breeze and the turning radius is so tight, it's mind boggling how it can make the tightest u-turns. My wife is small Vietnamese gal and had never driven a truck before in her life and after a couple minutes driving around the parking lot she was comfortable & drove the CT home. She absolutely luvs the steering & driving style of the CT.

-If ur coming from a Model 3 or Y, u might have a larger adjustment bc of the ride height & size of the CT plus the the differences in the steer by wire. But if ur coming from a Model X or any large SUV, u should be fine with the size of the CT.

-Tesla has really improved the interior quality with the CT. I also own a 2018 Model X, which I luv & is my daily driver. The CT's interior is miles better than my X. The materials and seats feel more luxury for sure. And I absolutely luv the interior LED lighting.

-Dont buy the CT if you are shy & don't like attention or like talking to people when u exit and enter ur car. U just have to deal with it.

-The sound system in the CT is the best I've ever heard in a car. It's loud, but crystal clear and finely tuned.

-Our home has a standard 2 car garage and the CT fit fine and even with a little room to spare.

-The CT has two wireless areas and makes charging ur phones easy & clean (no wires!)

-The CT does not have homelink but does connect to garage doors that have the "my Q" wireless connectivity.

-The foundation series "premium accessories" does not include the vault storage divider

- Fingerprints are a very big issue and they don't come easily. I would recommend a vinyl wrap or ppf wrap to solve it or else it may drive u crazy

-Backseat TV screen is independent from the front screen. You can also control the sound so it only plays in the back so u dont have to hear the "Wiggles" or "Doc Mcstuffins" play on repeat

-Alot of room underneath the backseats for diaper bags & toys etc...

I'll be glad to any questions from the community and open to renting our CT out for drives & events etc... so more people can experience it. Just DM me, thx!

20240127_133133.jpg

20240127_133046.jpg

20240127_134508.jpg

20240127_132644.jpg

20240127_143250.jpg

ZVE01735.JPG

ZVE01733.JPG

Great info. Thanks for posting this.

Unemployed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Country flag
Congrats and thanks for the info!

Curious to see the tonneau cover open and close from the inside view. Saw a video awhile ago that showed some exposed “gear” or “track” near the rear window as the tonneau was fully closed. But haven’t seen anyone else mention it.

Also can you hook up video game controllers and more than one Bluetooth headphones for the rear screen? Your kids are about the same age as mine so wondering about movies or games in the back. I know the s and x can but haven’t heard confirmation on the new 3 or CT.

A video from the inside of the tonneau cover closing would be amazing if you have time.

Congrats again

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag

- Fingerprints are a very big issue and they don't come easily. I would recommend a vinyl wrap or ppf wrap to solve it or else it may drive u crazy

-Alot of room underneath the backseats for diaper bags & toys etc...

I'll be glad to any questions from the community and open to renting our CT out for drives & events etc... so more people can experience it. Just DM me, thx!

20240127_133133.jpg

20240127_133046.jpg

20240127_134508.jpg

20240127_132644.jpg

20240127_143250.jpg

ZVE01735.JPG

ZVE01733.JPG

Another poster here was asking if somebody with a cyber truck would measure the center cap diameter for the wheels as they wanted to eliminate the wheel covers. Which apparently aren't coming with the trucks anyways so that's kind of the route I'm planning on going as well. So if you wouldn't mind posting that diameter that would be awesome.

Congratulations by the way! And thank you for posting all the pictures and your review!

Last edited:

CyberFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Are you able to turn off the vent on passenger side and keep Driver’s vent on?

CyberFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Will Tesla install HomeLink as an aftermarket option like on previous models?

CyberFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Tesla was supposed to offer 3 Wrap options…when will they become available?

edc

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
so glad the 12/8 and 12/9's are getting theres. Patiently waiting as as a 12/11

fritter63

First Name
Mark