Tow Hitch Recommendations?

Cyberlicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(2) Model X, Model Y, Model 3, CT (day 1 res)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
For those who have towed or are going to tow, do you have a tow hitch recommendation? I’m looking for something blacked out and I’m assuming it’ll also need to have an adjustable drop. The two brands that appear at the top of Google searches are Rhino and BulletProof. I’ll be towing a 7,500 lb wake surfing boat with my Cybertruck, which I received 10 days ago and has absolutely lived up to the hype.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
For those who have towed or are going to tow, do you have a tow hitch recommendation? I’m looking for something blacked out and I’m assuming it’ll also need to have an adjustable drop. The two brands that appear at the top of Google searches are Rhino and BulletProof. I’ll be towing a 7,500 lb wake surfing boat with my Cybertruck, which I received 10 days ago and has absolutely lived up to the hype.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Are you talking about the shank that goes into the receiver on the truck?

The ones that Walmarts often have quite a few in stock?
towing - Walmart.com

If you need adjustable height for multiple known trailers, it's often cheaper and easier to get multiple shanks. U-Haul locations are also good for options. Don't forget that you have some adjustment of the truck height.

Because these are often heavy, they don't make the best candidates for mail order.

up_justin

Site Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
GenY makes great hitches that are height adjustable and practically indestructible. They also look great

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Gen Y is a good hitch, and was highest on my list, but then I switched to Shocker Hitch. https://shockerhitch.com/

I will be pulling a 3.5t RV , this is my latest, most likely :
https://www.ozglide.com.au/
Small need to reset an airbag, and no farking around with a heavy hitch, and IMO some excellent attributes... but expensive.

Depends on your needs, how often you use it, will you be using it with different trailers / different heights ?.
Do you wish to remove a heavy hitch every time, sway, jolts etc etc. Maybe $100 bucks will do the job.
Sponsored