Toyota BZ4X BEV with steer-by-wire by mid 2022, maybe Tesla add steer-by-wire to Cybertruck?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I keep joking that I should just drill though it, worst case..........

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm surprised no one has made a drain plug modification. It's just a plastic tub...

-Crissa
Probably because They couldn‘t figure out where to route the water after it got out the bottom of the tub.

1635806999154.png

Also, if the frunk has a drain, it can’t provide any buoyancy!

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Been a lifetime Toyota fan until the last 5 yrs. They have dropped the ball and kicked it to the curb.
I'm done. RIP Toyota

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The Ford frunk drain goes to a little hose that routes underneath. Drains can have float stops, you know. Just like the one on a wet-dry vac but tiny.

-Crissa
So far I have yet to fill my Model Y frunk with fluid so a drain hasn’t been high on my list of needs.

That Ford drain sure gets them a lot of words spilled over a problem I’ve never actually seen in the wild. Do people regularly spill so much in their trunk/ frunk that a drain is considered important?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
You were one gulp away from owing me a new keyboard.

Blue Steel

First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Prime
Occupation
Technical Support
Country flag
So far I have yet to fill my Model Y frunk with fluid so a drain hasn’t been high on my list of needs.

That Ford drain sure gets them a lot of words spilled over a problem I’ve never actually seen in the wild. Do people regularly spill so much in their trunk/ frunk that a drain is considered important?
I think it's an aspirational feature. Just stop for a moment and imagine all the magical experiences you could have with a drain in your frunk...
- You would be the highlight of any "tail"gate when you roll up and open your frunk, revealing a few cases of beer on ice.
- You could build a reptile habitat in your frunk. The drain would make it easy to change the water for cleanings.
- For overlanding adventures, you could place a toilet* in your frunk. * may need to enlarge drain.
- For all those romantic strolls where you get caught in the rain, you could throw all your wet clothes in there and then really enjoy that fold-flat "work surface."

I think I talked myself into switching over to a Lightning.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
- For overlanding adventures, you could place a toilet* in your frunk. * may need to enlarge drain.

I think I talked myself into switching over to a Lightning.
That explains why people around here :poop: on the F150 all the time.

CYBERBACKPACK