First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
do you smell "stock split" coming?
I think I mentioned elsewhere that stock splits are not a big worry of mine.
TSLA ended 2020 at $705.67 and is currently trading at $1216 after hours. That's a tad bit more than a 29% YTD increase. 487 point increase so far this year. I'm calculating it at 61.20% Saw lots of red in my spreadsheet but also a good amount of black, especially the climb in the last month.
Almost all of that increase is in the past month though.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 12457

I think I mentioned elsewhere that stock splits are not a big worry of mine.

Almost all of that increase is in the past month though.
True, especially for me. Here's my (almost) up to date chart. There was a peak back at the end of January where it almost hit 900 then it dropped and i had a sell order at 490. Luckily never got there and it's been removed. 2021 started off with a bang, then blew up and after a crummy Spring finally started coming back up until October when it took off like a SpaceX!

Tesla Cybertruck TSLA just broke 1000 Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 3.49.23 PM

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
The S&P 500 is up 22% year to date.

Tesla traded mostly sideways for much of the year and is up about 29% YTD.

I think it’s fair to say it’s spiraling upwards because there was a lot of unrecognized growth over the past 6 months. Even as wait lists grew and Tesla boosted prices over and over, the stock was flat as a board. It just took that one last little catalyst for things to snap into perspective.

Still worried it’ll snap back, but it is again rising after house which makes me suspect it’s not coming yet.
....no..... I think with Texas and Gernany factories coming online soon it'll either stabilize here or keep rising.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
....no..... I think with Texas and Gernany factories coming online soon it'll either stabilize here or keep rising.
Could be. The stock market is as much psychology as it is economics. Often people get excited and FOMO pushes a stock a bit beyond then it falls back to a longer term price. So it might drop back to 1100 from here or even 1050 and hover there for a bit while the market gets used to Tesla as a trillion dollar company before it starts rising again.

If this was super predictable, it would be easy.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The S&P 500 is up 22% year to date.

Tesla traded mostly sideways for much of the year and is up about 29% YTD.

I think it’s fair to say it’s spiraling upwards because there was a lot of unrecognized growth over the past 6 months. Even as wait lists grew and Tesla boosted prices over and over, the stock was flat as a board. It just took that one last little catalyst for things to snap into perspective.

Still worried it’ll snap back, but it is again rising after house which makes me suspect it’s not coming yet.
I thought 29% was low. Here's this evening's graph.

Tesla Cybertruck TSLA just broke 1000 goodytdchart

OP
OP

Deleted member 12457

which program or app is this?
MarketWatch using Safari on a Mac. Not sure what it looks like on other browsers.

Of course Elon was honest and said the Hertz deal hasn't been signed even though I saw some videos of Hertz and Uber discussing it. Dropped a lot in pre-market but almost got back to 1200 before settling in the 1180's. Still a nice amount.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
MarketWatch using Safari on a Mac. Not sure what it looks like on other browsers.

Of course Elon was honest and said the Hertz deal hasn't been signed even though I saw some videos of Hertz and Uber discussing it. Dropped a lot in pre-market but almost got back to 1200 before settling in the 1180's. Still a nice amount.
thanks I have a Mac and I really like this presentation.....

OP
OP

Deleted member 12457

Appears to be Charles Schwab client page. It's what I use.
From what I can tell, MarketWatch is part of the Dow Jones network, collecting and displaying news from several financial organizations. See bottom of website for list.

I definitely don't go through Charles Schwab to get there. I transitioned my father-in-law to MW's free portfolio website, liked how it displayed things and have been using it for several years.
Sponsored