Deleted member 12457

It’s either going to be an incredibly quick ramp with a couple of pieces, equipment, or one equipment is going to suck after another… And make this take forever… 😪
You need to remember that IDRA already built and tested the gigapress before taking it apart and shipping it to Austin. All they need to do is put it back together and retest it. This is no different than a good woodworker dry fitting furniture before gluing it together. Everything is made to fit before you even think about pulling out the glue. I'm sure IDRA technicians will be arriving soon to re-assemble the gigapress. I can't see Testa using local assemblers, that would make cents.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You need to remember that IDRA already built and tested the gigapress before taking it apart and shipping it to Austin. All they need to do is put it back together and retest it. This is no different than a good woodworker dry fitting furniture before gluing it together. Everything is made to fit before you even think about pulling out the glue. I'm sure IDRA technicians will be arriving soon to re-assemble the gigapress. I can't see Testa using local assemblers, that would make cents.
IDRA does have their own techs that assemble the presses on site.

They’ve all likely been living on site at various Tesla locations for the past 3 years or so.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
here's a video of an instalaltion process of such a press SACMI PH 3020. Frankly the press looks kinda small for some of the cybertruck panels (like the quarter panel)
I think that is one side of the press. If you look at other videos, there are two sides like that and a platform between the two. There is also a second hole opposite where this one is being installed.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I think that is one side of the press. If you look at other videos, there are two sides like that and a platform between the two. There is also a second hole opposite where this one is being installed.
What throws me off is the PH 3020 seems to be for ceramic.?

They did install 2 machines at that video site though, yea.

Tesla Cybertruck Unconfirmed: Cybertruck Exoskeleton Machine Press arrives in Texas 1666828350095

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What throws me off is the PH 3020 seems to be for porcelain.?
They use very similar presses for sheering porcelain tiles. I know… sounds weird but if you chase down a video of tile cutting with one of these, it makes sense. Instead of using the force to clamp the one side of the object, there is a sheering blade.

EDIT: The more I dig the less sure I am this is the press they will use for folding the truck sides.

Last edited:
OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
They use very similar presses for sheering porcelain tiles. I know… sounds weird but if you chase down a video of tile cutting with one of these, it makes sense. Instead of using the force to clamp the one side of the object, there is a sheering blade.

EDIT: The more I dig the less sure I am this is the press they will use for folding the truck sides.
Yea, fair. But, keep in mind they have a whole metal handling division and we don't know what the heck this is. Just sharing yet another huge arse piece of gear hitting GT. Seeing what they do, I think it's the body machine.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yea, fair. But, keep in mind they have a whole metal handling division and we don't know what the heck this is. Just sharing yet another huge arse piece of gear hitting GT. Seeing what they do, I think it's the body machine.
Forgive my skepticism. I do appreciate your digging in spite of my digs at you. I think you are right. Just weird that there is so little on these things out there.

Definitely feels like things are coming together.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Forgive my skepticism. I do appreciate your digging in spite of my digs at you. I think you are right. Just weird that there is so little on these things out there.

Definitely feels like things are coming together.
Oh do, skeptic away. Love to talk! But yea, another "thing" there. Hypothetically we have the body machine, and parts of the press / press on the way. Wonder what other machinery is even needed?

Who knows, this could be for the dashboards ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do agree, weird how little there is. Like how does Tesla end up using this companies to make their tools. And at what point do they know they're dealing with Tesla ha

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
PH 3020
Even with lots of them, this machine seems too slow for the job.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
You really think hydrogenFirst would go away even after being proven wrong? I'm convinced he's actually getting paid by oil and gas to make posts. I wish it was a legal requirement in social media posts or comment threads that you have to disclose you're being paid, just like they do when people post videos or images on YouTube and Instagram.
I think you're right ie he was paid to spout nonsense...like Bodi.... but he's been gone lately.

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
The problem is that Schrödinger's equation is a one particle equation and is valid only in a non relativistic domain. This is of limited use in relativistic quantum mechanics, where particle number is not fixed. You can address this by labeling by particle number... a so called Fock space.
Would eliminating the restriction to symmetric components for bosons or antisymmetric ones for fermions improve the range on my Cybertruck?
Sponsored