Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Update: Elon Musk has since confirmed that this is not a production windshield wiper

A couple quick thoughts.
  • Front end is definitely a bit shorter. That wasn’t just an optical illusion.
  • Big ass wiper on the driver side.
  • Door handle gone
  • Curved front window looks hot.
  • Is it just me or is the top of the cabin smaller?
  • Added: Charge port door flap looks like it's moved into the fender flare

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 1639157496497

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] cybertruck-wipers

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] cybertruck-to

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] cybertruck-mirrors

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] cybertruck-front

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] screen-shot-2021-12-10-at-10-02-02-am-

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 1639157514962

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] FGQwzubXsAYdL6r

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 1639158906288
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
A couple quick thoughts.

• Door handle gone

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
The front windshield has a definite curve in it now. The rear of the roof is longer now. It may overhang a portion of the bed. Or is the bed shorter now. The front end looks about the same to my eyes. Not shorter, not longer.

utahken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
A couple quick thoughts.
  • Door handle gone

1639157514962.png

cybertruck-wipers.jpg
Are those running boards to get into this beast?

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
A couple quick thoughts.

• Door handle gone
Are there running boards or is that an optical illusion? It looks like there's tape around the bottom of the door itself and it makes it look like there *may* be running boards.

I am OK if the front end is shorter for a few reasons:
1) less surface area to catch a glare off of
2) you can see objects right in front of the CT (increasingly, trucks are putting grill cameras in
since their hoods are so damn high that you can see anything within 10 feet of the front of the
vehicle).
3) it should help make the CT maneuverable (especially off-road).

Yay, no retractable handles that can break (I've already replaced all 4 of mine on my Model S).

There appears to be a trapezoid storage depression in the dash. I wonder what that's all about?

The side mirrors don't really upset me that much (as long as they can be removed later, of course!)

I am glad that the windshield is curved. I think the CT has enough brutal angles, the windshield doesn't have to be one of them.

I hope the mono-wiper is just for the prototype and isn't the proposed laser wiper solution. I am interested to see the laser wiper in action!

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Coincidentally, yesterday the working changed on the Cybertruck order page. No longer says production nears in 2022… I think a confirmation of the timeline. If they were delaying again they’d have changed it to say “as production nears in 2023”.

Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 1639158544618

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
The front windshield has a definite curve in it now. The rear of the roof is longer now. It may overhang a portion of the bed. Or is the bed shorter now. The front end looks about the same to my eyes. Not shorter, not longer.
I hope it's just an overhang. I want the full sized bed!

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
my humble thoughts:

(1) is it me, or does the bed look shorter as does the front
(2) a big ass wiper......as said earlier, may block some vision
(3) ugly side-view mirrors.......I guess they gave up on them being inside
(4) truly different then on reveal night

these somewhat new changes have put a small damper on my imagination of what it would look like......I guess it like when you see something for the first time, you never forget it and any change is a drastic one

we still have many months before first one rolls off the line, but hopefully we will get an official version of final design in the not to distant future
Sponsored