Klaxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
... If the car is involved in a crash which compromises the electrical system and starts a fire, you need an auxiliary way out. I love the cool design features but safety will always be number one. If the car ends up in a body of water, people need a way out of the car. If there is bullet proof glass and no door handles how can emergency personnel save people trapped in the car?
There was a demo with the steel balls. After the third ball it may open.
Tesla Cybertruck ? [Update: NOT Production Wiper] New Cybertruck design spied! Shortened front, no door handles, side mirrors, curved windshield glass! [Dec. 10] 1639231212654

CTBags

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
DoD
Country flag
Perhaps, It has got to be far cheaper to manufacture than on the rolling bed cover as well a more durable location design. Overall area of coverage would appear to be about the same vs the tonneau.
If they add a static solar roof, just take my money now.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
In the 25 pages of comments, I might have missed it (so forgive me if I did) but, does the roof line of this prototype seem to have a less aggressive peak/angle than the demo version? I would imagine the aerodynamics (and thus range) would improve, if that were the case. Personally, I find the aesthetics are improved a bit with a less aggressive roof angle. Would aerodynamics improve with having the roof extends out over the bed, as it does in this prototype? The demo model had a ton of headroom in the cabin and being a 6'4" man, I hope they maintain that going forward.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Not sure what is going on with the back window/pass through area. I guess the tonneau is retracted but it almost looks like there is no glass back there too.

1639162644376.png
I agree, you can see the headrests in the back seat as if there was no glass behind them. Powered back windshield allowing a fold-down back seat to give full passthrough, perhaps?

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I agree, you can see the headrests in the back seat as if there was no glass behind them. Powered back windshield allowing a fold-down back seat to give full passthrough, perhaps?
I can see the bed ridges reflected on something on the right hand side.... I think there is a glass there

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Clipped, size proportionally normalized to divider and placed next to van

95AEAC85-47A6-4523-BAF4-72DE46B63C52.jpeg

The Van appears to be a low roof passenger van long configuration. 235.5” length

edit: when scale applied, CT measures between 218 to 220 inches.
R1T sized... Intriguing indeed. Obviously the market has changed since launch, when things were cheap and Tesla's biggest worry was winning over "truck guys" from the big 3.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Maybe the plastic bed liner is an upgradeable option. They still have to have the SS shell of the bed to keep rigidity and payload benefits of exoskeleton. If it were not part of the origami exoskeleton, but just some mounted on structural base for the plastic shell it would defeat the benefits of having a solid frame truck instead of current standards.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Wiper blade seems fugly, but I have bigger fish to fry with the truck bed length.

We were promised a 6.5ft bed length [closed] in the presentation slides. Don't screw this up Tesla.

Next, I better get 35 inch TRUCK tires as shown, not some lame LRR tires to get a higher range estimate.
buy whatever tires you want

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
I got free delivery our new fridge last year, and paid an extra $25 to have the old one hauled off. Worth every penny. Not an issue. Next!
[/QUOTE/]
When helping a friend move, it helps to be able to easily strap them down yourself.

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
Y’all are going to love the sound on this one, crank it up!

Apparently the Pepsi semi delivery thing is happening. Semi may be the first 4680 based vehicle in customer hands.

Seems like we’re getting lots of 4680 action… hopefully this means 4680 ramp up is happening fast!
I didn't love the sound at all. Bunch of screaming and some dude going "yeah" a lot. Guys.... Video content creators...please get your act together with music selection. Your current skills are terrible.