Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered a dual motor from the start as time was passing I started to think about the places I travel and locations of chargers. I live in the Montana and the closes supercharger is about 120 miles away. I am not concerned for the times I need to travel to a city to buy things I can't in my small town., round trips would be around 180 miles, now I realize that the superchargers are being strategically being installed in more places. On certain occasions I drive up 350 miles round trips. My wife and I both drive trucks and both trucks can go 500 miles on the tank, we never have to think about tanking during the trips. So my last trip to Idaho I started to think about the dual motor range, I would have to drive about 35 miles out of my way to charge the truck which is about 70 miles lost of range plus having to drive in a big city which would cost time also. The tri motor sounds better except of the cost.....I wish I could replace my diesel dually truck but CyberTruck can not at this time. I am hoping battery day has some serious revelations. I could use 400 miles plus I think I can afford it more easily. I don't care about speed just distance and all wheel drive for winter snow conditions.
The PlugShare app shows Locations for all the different chargers along with info about them.
Sponsored

Fercho

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My first post and wanted to say hi and let you know I upgraded my order from a dual motor to a tri-motor!
I have been contemplating the idea but can't justify the 20K difference. Hopefully by then Tesla has a better battery, I get 300+ miles with my Dodge Ram I don't drive far and actually I avoid going anywhere because of the terrible gas mileage so I can't wait for my CT. This is my first reply also

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Plugshare and "A Better Routeplanner" are the best sources for charger information. Plugshare has check-ins and reviews by other users, which is really useful. A Better Routeplanner calculates wind resistance and road speed, user speed, and tries to estimate slope.

The out-of-the-way-ness of a charger to your route is a good point.

-Crissa

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I have been contemplating the idea but can't justify the 20K difference. Hopefully by then Tesla has a better battery, I get 300+ miles with my Dodge Ram I don't drive far and actually I avoid going anywhere because of the terrible gas mileage so I can't wait for my CT. This is my first reply also
That's understandable. Honestly if I didn't have the money, I would probably just get the single or dual motor myself. I honestly don't need the tri but I love this truck so already even without seeing it in person and I hardly ever treat myself to something nice.

It'll be nice to see more Cybertrucks on the road, or even Teslas and other EVs in general.

I do have a second reservation of a dual motor for a friend of mine. He's never had nice things either and his family was the closest thing I ever had to a family growing up, I ordered his a month after mine and as soon as his gets deliveried, I'll be getting a Model Y for his mom as well to thank his family for everything they've done for me.

Cyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Get that tri-motor. You won't be disappointed, and you'll never have to question if you did the right thing going with the dual.

CybrDdHd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri-motor, 2020 Ram 1500
Occupation
VP-Ops
Country flag
Sunnuvagun I've only been on this site for >24hrs and I'm gonna have to up my dual to a tri....

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I ordered a dual motor from the start as time was passing I started to think about the places I travel and locations of chargers. I live in the Montana and the closes supercharger is about 120 miles away. I am not concerned for the times I need to travel to a city to buy things I can't in my small town., round trips would be around 180 miles, now I realize that the superchargers are being strategically being installed in more places. On certain occasions I drive up 350 miles round trips. My wife and I both drive trucks and both trucks can go 500 miles on the tank, we never have to think about tanking during the trips. So my last trip to Idaho I started to think about the dual motor range, I would have to drive about 35 miles out of my way to charge the truck which is about 70 miles lost of range plus having to drive in a big city which would cost time also. The tri motor sounds better except of the cost.....
Also look at app/website called : A Better Route Planner

I have drives that are long and out of the way too. At this moment I can only go one route to visit my brother in Eagle, ID and charging will add over 5 hours to the journey. And that one route is through the most populated areas, not my preferred off the beaten path routes.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Sunnuvagun I've only been on this site for >24hrs and I'm gonna have to up my dual to a tri....
I went for the Trimotor only for the extra mileage and towing capacity. But I certainly won’t mind the acceleration. Since this will be my last vehicle I am splurging.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
At this moment I can only go one route to visit my brother in Eagle, ID and charging will add over 5 hours to the journey. And that one route is through the most populated areas, not my preferred off the beaten path routes.
That's pretty brutal for sure. Those of us in the East often forget how wide open the West is. Anyway note that of all those chargers only one is a V3. Getting more V3's on your route, which may or may not happen between now and when you get your CT should knock a couple of hours off that. And, if my fantasy Semi-styled double V3 comes to pass that will knock it down still further - perhaps to under 2 hrs.

TalSet

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR from Germany
Occupation
Self Employee / PV Cleaning
Country flag
I´ve reserved the Dual Motor, but I´m still thinking about upgrading because of 2 reasons:
1st: I pull a 1,5 tons trailer quite every day to work.
2nd: I live in Austria about 900 meter above the see and when I have to go to work in the ally that is about 400 meters above the see, then I am surely glad when I have 3 independent wheel control on snowy roads. Always slippy

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I´ve reserved the Dual Motor, but I´m still thinking about upgrading because of 2 reasons:
1st: I pull a 1,5 tons trailer quite every day to work.
2nd: I live in Austria about 900 meter above the see and when I have to go to work in the ally that is about 400 meters above the see, then I am surely glad when I have 3 independent wheel control on snowy roads. Always slippy
I doubt it matters. When the time comes, you'll likely know which model will be built first, and the ranges with the latest batteries. Those answers will inform your decision, whereupon you can switch to the 3 or go back to the 2.
Sponsored