TwilightHan

First Name
Han
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model S, CT Beast Now Ordered
Country flag
If this were business-to-business, I'd agree with you. But this isn't. This is MegaCorp to consumer. This is the slippery slope to strings being attached to everything we "own". We need protections from this crap for the same reasons we need Right To Repair laws to protect consumers from anticompetitive business practices.

Let's not conflate controlled substances with commodities. Opiates have public health issues and there are actual laws to prevent reselling. More to the point - do you want to let drug companies decide/enforce when their drugs can be re-sold? I don't.

There's an existing answer to all of this - if Tesla doesn't want these vehicles re-sold in the first year, they don't have to sell them. Lease them with a lease-to-own structure.
Cybertruck is a drug. What are you talking about? 😂 don’t you see the effects of the cybertruck in this forum?
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
As a corporate lawyer since the 1990's, I...no, not really. I dunno. I just figure once you buy it, it's YOURS, and you can do as you please. At least, that's what I think. Tesla has enough on their plate, and probably won't stir the hornets nest just for a few extra ducats. Have these waters been tested?
It is indeed yours, and you can indeed with it what you want to up to any stipulations put in the contract.

Who knows if it has been tested. Or in other words, who's stupid enough to admit to it?

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
People should be allowed to flip these if they'd like.
Why do you think the buyer can dictate the terms of the sale? What leverage does the buyer have besides declining to buy it? The seller owns the desired item, that gives them the right to sell it, or not, however they like.

People who are crying over this simply don't understand they have no right to dictate the terms of the sale and they seem especially ignorant of sales contracts that have specific conditions attached by the seller.

Wake up people! These kind of contracts violate no legal or moral principles. If you buy something outright, yes, you own it. But Tesla is not selling Cybertrucks outright (and they don't have to). They are selling them with a very specific encumbrance that is very clearly disclosed. You might wish they were selling them without that encumbrance, but you don't get to dictate how Tesla sells them.

I feel like I'm hanging out with a bunch of entitled kindergartners who have no clue how the world works and think everything should be tailored to what they want. It's probably the result of getting a blue ribbon just for participating and entering contests where everyone wins.

CyberOwl

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
I spoke with a guy at the car wash the other day, he was driving a new Hummer SUV EV. He said he had to sign a six month no sale contract. Also said he just saw it at the dealership and bought it, no res, no list, no wait.

bdmridgeback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevy Traverse, BDM Ridgeback, Ford Transit Connect
Occupation
Business Owner/Manager
Country flag
I posted this one for sale in Miami for $275k last week.

cyberme207

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Wrangler
Occupation
Software Dev
Country flag
I spoke with a guy at the car wash the other day, he was driving a new Hummer SUV EV. He said he had to sign a six month no sale contract. Also said he just saw it at the dealership and bought it, no res, no list, no wait.
Honestly, if the Hummer EV in the real-world was priced competitively with the CT, and if the NACS port was integrated, I would choose the Hummer EV hands down (the removable roof panels do it for me).

However, it's impossible to find a "base model" or any selling for under $115k. The AWD Foundation is the max stretch Im willing to do.

If I could get an NACS Hummer EV Truck for 100k, I would have cancelled my CT order.

The NACS Hummer EV should be more readily available by the time my Cybertruck no-resale period is over.
Sponsored