Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Just a reminder. “In the wild” sightings are usually about 3-6 months prior to customer deliveries.

Also, this nearly guarantees we’ll see this sucker at investor day March 1st. Very likely with more specs/ details.
Sponsored

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
But, at he same time, I’m still hoping for no mirrors and for it to be legal. Maybe my place in line for CT, there will be a new design without side mirrors at all and something new going on with BAW. Rims look great, but C’mom man, what’s up with all the damn tease shots? 🙄
Yea, for those that do not / have not driven Tesla; since Holiday update - LANE CHANGING WITH CAMERAS IS WONDERFUL!

I mostly do not use the side mirrors anymore when I drive my Teslas, but it's super annoying to drive my Tacoma now as that is a different workflow.

What I mean is, it's just super seamless and honestly a better safer experience too. Turn on blinker to switch a lane / turn, car knows when the process is complete and turns off blinker/ camera visual on screen. Pretty neat!

Jeepster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep, 2002 Porsche 911
Country flag
New triangle side view mirror on this prototype!

327978189_882786449622907_120567483735145346_n.jpg

Also spotted by Driveteslacanada:

After a closer look, it appears as though this panel on the rear door is missing from the new version of the Cybertruck. On previous builds the white dot at the bottom of the panel was used to open the door.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 {filename}

SOURCE:

I don't understand why there is no license plate, even testbed vehicles/prototypes need a license plate, at least in every state I've lived int.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yea, for those that do not / have not driven Tesla; since Holiday update - LANE CHANGING WITH CAMERAS IS WONDERFUL!

I mostly do not use the side mirrors anymore when I drive my Teslas, but it's super annoying to drive my Tacoma now as that is a different workflow.

What I mean is, it's just super seamless and honestly a better safer experience too. Turn on blinker to switch a lane / turn, car knows when the process is complete and turns off blinker/ camera visual on screen. Pretty neat!
Yeah, love both the lane change window and the signal on-off change. Combination is A+. The wide angle lens on the turn camera is way better than the mirror.

Cybertruck will have higher resolution cameras. Hopefully better in low light and less prone to lens flare. Hopefully they have a dedicated “mirror” displays instead of having a pop up on the main console. I do prefer looking outboard for right turns for the visual confirmation.

Jeepster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But, at he same time, I’m still hoping for no mirrors and for it to be legal. Maybe my place in line for CT, there will be a new design without side mirrors at all and something new going on with BAW. Rims look great, but C’mom man, what’s up with all the damn tease shots? 🙄
Not sure about your state, but in NC at least one external side mirror, and a rear view mirror, are required. (Jeep owners are keenly aware of these laws as we frequently remove our doors and, therefore, our mirrors!).

Salty_Cobalt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Escalade, 2017 Range Rover Sport, Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Systems Admin
Country flag
While I 100% agree with everyone on the asthetics of the new mirror (looking better), for those of us that tow, most states REQUIRE that you have mirrors that allow you to see past your load a certain amount of distance (the law/distance differs from state to state). The larger mirrors would definitely be better for actually towing something, so I hope they either come as a swappable version, or as an option you can purcahse to swap on/off for when you need them.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Just a reminder. “In the wild” sightings are usually about 3-6 months prior to customer deliveries.

Also, this nearly guarantees we’ll see this sucker at investor day March 1st. Very likely with more specs/ details.
There is no proof in that image that it is an "in the wild" sighting. Looks to me like its on Tesla property next to a semi.

CTruckTooBig

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
There is no proof in that image that it is an "in the wild" sighting. Looks to me like its on Tesla property next to a semi.
It looks very reflective. Could be quite the glare producer.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Not sure about your state, but in NC at least one external side mirror, and a rear view mirror, are required. (Jeep owners are keenly aware of these laws as we frequently remove our doors and, therefore, our mirrors!).
Yup. Have to have at least 1 side and if I’m not mistaken a rear view as well.
I would like the laws on the regulations to change for side mirrors and allow cameras. I personally feel they will be much better than old school mirrors. It’s only my opinion though.

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
In Texas only one mirror. These things are coming off day 1.

Texas Transportation Code
Sec. 547.602

"A motor vehicle, including a motor vehicle used to tow another vehicle, shall be equipped with a mirror located to reflect to the operator a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet from the rear of the vehicle."

Jeepster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup. Have to have at least 1 side and if I’m not mistaken a rear view as well.
I would like the laws on the regulations to change for side mirrors and allow cameras. I personally feel they will be much better than old school mirrors. It’s only my opinion though.
I agree, I see cars in front of me every once in a while that have rear view "mirrors" that are screens, if that is legal I don't see why a side view camera with an interior screen wouldn't comply as well.
Sponsored