First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Update:

Elon Musk has confirmed in a tweet that these side mirrors are removable. And that there are still small tweaks coming to the Cybertruck, but this is very close to production design.

"Yeah. Still many small tweaks to make it better (and the side mirrors are removable by owner), but this is very close to production design."

New triangle side view mirror on this prototype!

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 327978189_882786449622907_120567483735145346_n

Also spotted by Driveteslacanada:

After a closer look, it appears as though this panel on the rear door is missing from the new version of the Cybertruck. On previous builds the white dot at the bottom of the panel was used to open the door.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 327978189_882786449622907_120567483735145346_n

SOURCE:

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
THIS

SO... I tracked Elons Jet (I know, sue me....)

He was in Palo Alto when he said he "was just reviewing it", through me off, but there is arguably some kind of production line in CA, or they're transferring back and forth and engineering.

One thing I watch a lot in drone flights is the covered tow trucks, are they there or not? There is a stationary/local one in TX, but I personally believe there is one that is for design center/ engineering and that's how they move it around. That's how I've known for sure in past wether or not a truck was probably on sight (annual shareholder meeting eg.)

Last edited:

Macgreiner

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3 (sold), S70D(sold), R1200RT, LR3, P3D
Country flag
THIS

SO... I tracked Elons Jet (I know, sue me....)

He was in PA when he said he was just reviewing it, through me off, but there is arguably some kind of production line in CA, or they're transferring back and ford and engineering.

One this I watch for in drone flights is the covered tow trucks, are they there or not? There is a stationary one in TX, but I personally believe there is one that is for design center/ engineering and that's how they move it around.
Elon is not the only one that uses the jet.

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
I’ll still be removing my side mirrors, as long as easy removal makes it to production, but I do like what they did with the shape of them in this photo compared to the previous ones we saw. This new triangular design flows much better with the lines of the truck.

On another note, is it just me or does the glass on the back side of that roof look like it is more then just a piece of see through glass? Maybe it’s just the way the reflections are playing off of it but it seems there could be more to it. Maybe it’s just me wanting there to be more to it, lol

Bentlb3

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4 wheels
Occupation
Work
Country flag
Two things:

1 - new triangle mirrors
Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 2BA39F22-4A85-4747-9DB5-86D8541D75B7

2 - what’s going on with this backend? Appears to be a big box underneath messing up departure angle clearance. I’m sure it’s fine, but curious as to why so bulky back there. Could just be the angle. Regardless…lovin it
Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 F4B9D42B-22BB-4415-8328-9F7150E815C3

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
FAKE!

JK jk

Door stop mirrors are a nice addition.

Rear side widow looks a little small from this angle but i wont be sitting back there so f em lol

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
2 - what’s going on with this backend? Appears to be a big box underneath messing up departure angle clearance. I’m sure it’s fine, but curious as to why so bulky back there. Could just be the angle. Regardless…lovin it
Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 {filename}
I was thinking its for aero

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I’ll still be removing my side mirrors, as long as easy removal makes it to production, but I do like what they did with the shape of them in this photo compared to the previous ones we saw. This new triangular design flows much better with the lines of the truck.

On another note, is it just me or does the glass on the back side of that roof look like it is more then just a piece of see through glass? Maybe it’s just the way the reflections are playing off of it but it seems there could be more to it. Maybe it’s just me wanting there to be more to it, lol
it seems slightly bowed.

OP
OP
ModelAZ

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Also spotted by Driveteslacanada:

After a closer look, it appears as though this panel on the rear door is missing from the new version of the Cybertruck. On previous builds the white dot at the bottom of the panel was used to open the door.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 {filename}