Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Two things:

1 - new triangle mirrors
2BA39F22-4A85-4747-9DB5-86D8541D75B7.jpeg

2 - what’s going on with this backend? Appears to be a big box underneath messing up departure angle clearance. I’m sure it’s fine, but curious as to why so bulky back there. Could just be the angle. Regardless…lovin it
F4B9D42B-22BB-4415-8328-9F7150E815C3.jpeg
Probably to reduce aerodynamic drag but maybe it is easily removed for when doing extreme off-roading where need more departure angle.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
ftronz be like:
"Should I post the whole video as it slowly passed me by? 🤔 Nah, I'm sure everybody will be happy with a screen grab." 😳
Please send them a complaint on Instagram and grab the full video and post it here. Thanks in advance :)

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
I don't think the bulky "box"-thing under the back is for aero because I think it would make aero worse. It might be for a tow hitch or for under-bed storage.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
They actually look good. Way better than previous side mirrors. I hope they will be auto folding and also, to be easily removed as well.

Bentlb3

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4 wheels
Occupation
Work
Country flag
I don't think the bulky "box"-thing under the back is for aero because I think it would make aero worse. It might be for a tow hitch or for under-bed storage.
It’s probably the full size spare tire. But interesting how that possible “compartment” sits so low like a dirty diaper

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
But, at he same time, I’m still hoping for no mirrors and for it to be legal. Maybe my place in line for CT, there will be a new design without side mirrors at all and something new going on with BAW. Rims look great, but C’mom man, what’s up with all the damn tease shots? 🙄

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
Mirrors look easily removable as Elon promised. Designed to use cameras as the primary sideview.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Excellent. The angular mirrors go with the body style a lot better.
Question for the group: Does the roofline come down far enough in the back to negate the need for a rear window which will make the back wall less complex and may make a mid-gate more likely?

Not wanting to put too much thought into it but the mid-gate could slide straight down and forward. Think about a hinge about halfway down that's hinged on the inside of the cab. As the mid-gate goes down (like a window), it would go down and basically under the rear seats. The tonneau... excuse me... vault cover/solar vault cover could roll into a canister that resides beneath the overhang of the roof but up high where it would have blocked the rear window before. This would shorten its path and allow for a pass-through beneath the canister.