Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
I wonder if this area serves as the side marker lights for the rear of the vehicle. Hard to tell in just the still photo but if you watch it in the turn, this area does wrap around from the side to the back as well. Possibly reverse lights on the rearward facing side of that area too? Or are those reverse lights to the side of where the plate goes…. I thought they were plate illumination but not so sure.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 3AA3CDE5-6494-48D3-B64F-CFDEE46F9547

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Front wraparound
Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 1675394319049

Rear wraparound
Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 1675394388571

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Hmmm.... It just hit me but magnetic bumper stickers (instead of the horrible sticky ones that never fully come off clean) won't work... So business advertising magnets also won't work. Is there any other temporary way of attaching such messages? Of course there is the wrap solution. But that is not easily removable and replaceable. Can't just take it off for some event.
Yeah, just a high quality vinyl shouldn't be an issue. Just can't easily remove it when you get off work and slap it back on in the morning lol
Just a thought... But would it be possible to have a wrap for the CT that comes with magnetic properties? It would be less damage resistant than the plain stainless but you could magnetically attach things and if the wrap got too damaged it could be replaced.

I was already dreaming of wrapping my CT in flat black anyway... Perhaps a wrap that included some magnetic properties would be possible. Though I wouldn't trust a wrap to be able to stay on under load (like a towing mirror, extra cameras, etc).

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I wonder if they will still do the Matt black option? I mean the shiny one is bright!!! It also shows reflections that make it look dented or warped.
It’s called oil canning and there is definitely a good amount going on. If you watch the video focus just above the rear wheel. I would think at 3mm it would avoid a lot of that but obviously not.

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
Shows up in the full video.

1675373446606.png

Standard issue on all of Musk’s private vehicles. Not sure if it’s an upgrade available for us.
That's the laser gun for the windshields right?

.... rightht......

Fugue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR FSD, camper van, CT3 FSD preordered
Occupation
Tech Industry Grunt
Country flag
My first impressions:

As others have pointed out, the tonneau is partially extended and it hides the back of the bed. I wonder if that's meant to hide changes in that area. I'm not holding out for a midgate, but if there is one, this would hide it.

The rear passenger looks like he's pulling a sun visor down. If it retracts into a glass roof, that would obstruct the view, but not if the roof is covered with solar panels. The drone pics from Texas a year ago showed dark glass on the roof. Maybe both the tonneau and roof are solar.

The boxes on the sides of the bed look like mounting points to me.

That glare is going to be annoying.

I really hope it still has quad steering.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Update:

Elon Musk has confirmed in a tweet that these side mirrors are removable. And that there are still small tweaks coming to the Cybertruck, but this is very close to production design.

"Yeah. Still many small tweaks to make it better (and the side mirrors are removable by owner), but this is very close to production design."

New triangle side view mirror on this prototype!

327978189_882786449622907_120567483735145346_n.jpg

Also spotted by Driveteslacanada:

After a closer look, it appears as though this panel on the rear door is missing from the new version of the Cybertruck. On previous builds the white dot at the bottom of the panel was used to open the door.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 {filename}

SOURCE:

I'm diggin' it. That triangular mirror is going to look so much better on my garage floor. Nice.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The prototype had those notches up the middle, now they are off to the sides.

Had they had been just rack mounts, then I suppose they could have left them in the middle... maybe they are rack mounts, but the reconfigurations sure makes it look like it can flip open.

Maybe the sail pillar flips down.

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 {filename}
There is a track for the tonneau cover to close under that.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Nope.

Model X and S are low volume cars. They are priced to move 50,000/ year.

Cybertruck is a high volume vehicle. It will be priced to move 250,000/ year.

Volume matters.

If they price it at $100k, they will run out of buyers.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Somehow I doubt that... I have yet to see a thread on here with even the smallest of small comment that we can all agree on. There is always at least one dissenter. And the dissenters tend to be more vocal for the smaller issues.

At least that is what I seem to have observed here,
Well we can all agree on that right?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Hmmm.... It just hit me but magnetic bumper stickers (instead of the horrible sticky ones that never fully come off clean) won't work... So business advertising magnets also won't work. Is there any other temporary way of attaching such messages? Of course there is the wrap solution. But that is not easily removable and replaceable. Can't just take it off for some event.
Surely we can all agree, if it’s worth saying, it’s worth saying with Krylon.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
How would Highland deliver a half priced car ?

I think maybe by incorporating a lot of mooted new advanced CT tech which we rate as expensive.

brakes
wire
4w steering , all just modular inserts.
etc.

I guess we have to wait for part 2 of connecting the dots, but these would be cost saving not adding to cost imo.