DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Itā€™s raining Cybertruck photos. Iā€™m loving this shot with actual cargo in it. A++

If those are 35ā€ tires, Looks like the bed has no trouble gobbling up 6 foot worth of cargo. Canā€™t tell how much more space there is though.

Iā€™m left wonderingā€¦. Did they send this truck to the tire shop to pick these up? Looks like they are outfitting a couple more trucks.

1675405561539.png

Those tires in the bed look like same design as the ones on the original from the reveal (where the aero cap blends into the tire).
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Idk who mentioned oil canning in here (really dont wanna go look through 21 pages lol), but you got me researching stuff now and I'm officially paranoid.

Thank you

if you arent the guy who said that, i pass the curse on to you.

google it

mrbig1225

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Cyber Truck
Occupation
Research
Country flag
Here is the video....

damn it sure does looking incredible.

Maybe it's just me...but every version...just keeps getting better and more refined. I love the sporty, futuristic, rugged look of this thing. Literally makes everything looks dated.... if thats your jam..

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Idk who mentioned oil canning in here (really dont wanna go look through 21 pages lol), but you got me researching stuff now and I'm officially paranoid.
Its 3mm Stainless, not 0.3mm stainless.

Go find a quarter or a thick Bowie knife and see how bendy 3mm is. If you have an existing tear, you can rip metal roofing panels apart with your bare hands (I suggest thick gloves for this experiment).

Now try the same with that Bowie knife. Also, take a look at metal toolboxes on the back of pickup trucks. Notice any oil canning?

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
FWIW, this photo is of one of the older prototypes and itā€™s been run over with a fine tooth comb so donā€™t read too much into it. Interesting bit to me and perhaps the only really new thing here is the tires in the bed showing capacity.

The other photo and video are of the newer truck.
If we remember correctly the og tires were 35 inch tires so that bed is definitely at least 6ft, and most likely 6.5ft at some point as stated.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Its 3mm Stainless, not 0.3mm stainless.

Go find a quarter or a thick Bowie knife and see how bendy 3mm is. If you have an existing tear, you can rip metal roofing panels apart with your bare hands (I suggest thick gloves for this experiment).

Now try the same with that Bowie knife. Also, take a look at metal toolboxes on the back of pickup trucks. Notice any oil canning?
I hope it doesn't happen lol but the reflections looked wonky in the vid. Don't those metal bed toolboxes usually have shapes that interrupt the flatness of the metal? Maybe to hide it?

Fingers crossed its not a thing but I can hear the FUDsters now, "Forget the Tesla panel gaps. Check out the CT oil canning!" :rolleyes:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Well I have an order at about 369,420 and I'm confident it will get filled. However, I encourage anyone who is before me in line to give up, they've waited so long you know? Longer than me even!!! (Three exclamations is enough to translate to sarcasm right?)
Three exclamations used to be a good sign of sarcasm. These days it is just happy culture gone awry. But your order position (369,420) is certainly a big clue to the sarcasm.
I was just piling on for all those who are thinking about dropping their preorder but have positions later than 369,420.
Plus with all the 420 haze I figure the infinity reference would keep people distracted in their awe.

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I think the lack of light can be attributed to the fact that the tonnneau cover is partly open/closed. I believe the upper "lip" (or the back of the roofline, if you will) is where the tonnneau cover rolls under, and that the lower portion behond that is the beginning of the tonnneau cover (perhaps). Thie would explain why you can't see the rear window at all.
I was really hoping it would have a bar brake light. I guess thatā€™s not happening now.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I hope it doesn't happen lol but the reflections looked wonky in the vid. Don't those metal bed toolboxes usually have shapes that interrupt the flatness of the metal? Maybe to hide it?

Fingers crossed its not a thing but I can hear the FUDsters now, "Forget the Tesla panel gaps. Check out the CT oil canning!" :rolleyes:
Controversial opinion: Cybertruck is not the truck for vain people to own.

If you want a bad ass truck you can use to get stuff done and smash through back roads with confidence, itā€™s got your back.

If you want a pretty toy to drive around town, get the Rivian.

If you want to haul refrigerators, lumber, dirt, firewood, rocks, bikes, or TVs, Cybertruck has your back.

If you want a truck that look MEGA and letā€™s you see over traffic, lots of legacy offerings will be serve that need.

Its a pragmatic vehicle, not a pretty boy toy.

2Futre4u

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor LR 2019 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Trailboss 1994 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Environmental Scientist
Country flag
Even austenitic SS can take on a bit of magnetism if it's been hardened by cold-rolling. But not enough to have magnetic mirrors!
You guys are still talking the skin, there is other metal under the skin, that will probably be magnetic. Neodymium would work, just like attaching magnet mounts to vehicles with aluminum skin to the metal underneath, just now it'll be a really flat piece to attach to.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Controversial opinion: Cybertruck is not the truck for vain people to own.

If you want a bad ass truck you can use to get stuff done and smash through back roads with confidence, itā€™s got your back.

If you want a pretty toy to drive around town, get the Rivian.

If you want to haul refrigerators, lumber, dirt, firewood, rocks, bikes, or TVs, Cybertruck has your back.

If you want a truck that look MEGA and letā€™s you see over traffic, lots of legacy offerings will be serve that need.

Its a pragmatic vehicle, not a pretty boy toy.
I agree with most of this, I dont think its being vain to want your flat panels to be flat lol.

I'm 85% sure that a big chunk of the buyers of the cybertruck are coming for it's styling. It's meant to be different and stand out

It's meant to be a truck to sell in volume, not just a truck for the hard core truck bros.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I was really hoping it would have a bar brake light. I guess thatā€™s not happening now.
im pretty sure the bar across the tailgate is still a thing probs just not set up on the betas

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
You guys are still talking the skin, there is other metal under the skin, that will probably be magnetic. Neodymium would work, just like attaching magnet mounts to vehicles with aluminum skin to the metal underneath, just now it'll be a really flat piece to attach to.
Last night I was just imagining having a few super magnets glued to the inside of the CT skin in known locations. This would possibly allow for magnetic mirror stalks or other accessories. Not sure if 3mm is too thick to allow for a stable attraction over speed bumps, tree branch attacks, or vehicle accidents.

And can you imagine walking close to the CT when you suddenly get attached by your keys in your pocket being pulled into the magnet location? Or a car jacker pulls a gun and the gun gets ripped out of their hand to attach to the magnetic point?

I doubt there will be much room inside to go attaching magnets on your own though.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Also, seriously wondering if Tesla loosened some of the NDAs. This latest photo release is clearly employees and was likely taken some time ago.
Those two photos were taken yesterday. The guy that took them works in the same business park, sees semi's all the time and finally saw the Cybertruck and got some pics.

Why would they still be testing the older prototype ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ ;)
Sponsored