Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Pull a drain plug, water is heavier than oil so it would come out first after sitting for a while. If it's mixed in then the oil would be cloudy or grey colored.
Understood, but would assume that would be outside of what a "normal" person would do, also would think that Tesla would not want people pulling those plugs themselves?
Sponsored

Robert Don

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Finance Mngr
Country flag
Would be nice to see crossing a river. Impressive either way but way creating a wake pushing water out and not around.

Besides the switches which should be an easy fix. Trapped water sitting in there would be my biggest concern. Will need to add some plugs somewhere.

Overall amazing 🤩

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Would be nice to see crossing a river. Impressive either way but way creating a wake pushing water out and not around.

Besides the switches which should be an easy fix. Trapped water sitting in there would be my biggest concern. Will need to add some plugs somewhere.

Overall amazing 🤩
there does not seem to be any current when he did this....with that speed it enabled a more straighter drive "pushing water" in front....And lower speed I think he would be in trouble if there was a current and might even start to float some causing loss of control

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Proof of concept test for a snowplow :p

Raxar

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Pull a drain plug, water is heavier than oil so it would come out first after sitting for a while. If it's mixed in then the oil would be cloudy or grey colored.
How does one pull a drain plug on the Cybertruck?

BannedByTMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Thinking about it more, Tesla could have air lines running to the gear cases and pressurize them as part of the water crossing mode to prevent water intrusion. We need an adventurous owner to pull some panels off and take some pics.

Derektsla

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
TechRax has been doing things like this for years, I don't know how he gets all this money?
Trade secret: if you use the word “Bro” at least 7 times, YouTube gives you a 5x multiplier on ad revenue. 🤣

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Water is heavy. It will rip parts right off a vehicle driving thru at speed. Even lower speeds will scoop pounds of water into any opening. Would t do this unless I had no choice… but nice to know it works, if needed.
Good point. Even if I had to do that, I'd take it at maybe 5 MPH tops, not only to minimize the water flow but because I can't' see what might be hidden by the water. There might be rare spots where momentum would be helpful, but as heavy as a Cybertruck is, there's probably a fair bit of momentum even at slow speeds. :)

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag
That was ridiculous! I mean the truck, not the video. Well maybe the video too... Crazy it could make it through that last one actually. Impressive. Wonder if the buttons will dry out and work in a couple of days...
I just posted a comment on the video asking for a followup comment for that and the other (so far) minor issues.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
I just posted a comment on the video asking for a followup comment for that and the other (so far) minor issues.
If it was a rental unlikely we will get that. But VERY curious to see what that much water does short/medium/long term

Turnbulljohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes ml350 and c300
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
What were the red lights on the front passenger side? A reflection?

lakewood305

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 model S
Country flag
if this is saltwater I want to see how she looks in couple of weeks. I wouldn't drive anything through saltwater over 5 inches

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
if this is saltwater I want to see how she looks in couple of weeks. I wouldn't drive anything through saltwater over 5 inches
Particularly here in SFlorida where salt water near the coastal waters overruns into the streets during tropical & heavy storms.
Sponsored