Waiting for Cybertruck

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
A Tri Motor will set your bank account back nearly $70k before adding factory options, accessories or state sales tax and license fees.

Adding the FSD option alone you are at $77k plus state sales tax and license. In CA you can roughly add 10% to the purchase price. That brings the “out the door” sales transaction price to around $84k.

I predict a lot of Tri-Motor reservations will be switching to Dual Motor when they see all of the “must have” factory options and accessories.
Sponsored

Last edited:

roncruiser

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1994 80 Series Land Cruiser, 2002 100 Series Lexus LX450, 2005 Lexus IS300
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My current plan, and I don't think it will change , is to get the the tri-motor and FSD.

• Tri-Motor: $70K
  • FSD: $7K
  • California tax and fees: ~$7.7K
I cannot imagine any factory options or accessories that I would want that would entice me to add to the cost. Not the ATV. Not the solar panels. My thinking is the Tri-Motor will come with a few perks not offered in the dual or single. If not, I'm fine with that too.

So, financially speaking, I'm planning on ~$84.7K +/- out the door. Roughly speaking.

Correct me if you see error in my thinking given no extra amenities or factory accessories added on at the time of purchase.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My current plan, and I don't think it will change , is to get the the tri-motor and FSD.

I cannot imagine any factory options or accessories that I would want that would entice me to add to the cost. Not the ATV. Not the solar panels. My thinking is the Tri-Motor will come with a few perks not offered in the dual or single. If not, I'm fine with that too.

So, financially speaking, I'm planning on ~$84.7K +/- out the door. Roughly speaking.

Correct me if you see error in my thinking given no extra amenities or factory accessories added on at the time of purchase.
I doubt it will come with a trailer hitch so that might be more. I wonder what that camper will cost. Otherwise that is my configuration, and expectation, too.

roncruiser

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I doubt it will come with a trailer hitch so that might be more. I wonder what that camper will cost. Otherwise that is my configuration, and expectation, too.
I'm trying to get the price expectations straight to within a $K.

Realistically, all the accessories I've added to any of my vehicles have all been aftermarket. Mainly tires, shocks, springs, rims or various external lighting. The aftermarket for the Cyber Truck will be huge!

$84.7K drive off sounds about right. Let's see how that estimate stand up in a couple years when my place in the purchase queue finally comes up.

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag

If this is like the other models, there will also be a choice of wheels and interior color. Doubt I would upgrade the wheels, but I’ll will upgrade the interior.

roncruiser

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Interior upgrade would be at least $1.5K. I based that on the Model S interior upgrade.

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Bolt, 2007 Tundra, 2001 Durango
Occupation
Investor, teacher
Country flag
I went with the dual motor because of price vs need (I don't need to spend $20K more to go 1.6 seconds faster to 60). My 2017 Bolt Premier has been an excellent car (hasn't even caught fire in the garage ; ). I did not even have to buy a Level 2 charger for the garage (I did buy the optional Level 3 charger for the car) because the trickle charge on 110v (when placed on 12 amp on the dash) has always kept it well within the 20-80 charge sweet spot as it adds 2% per hour even though we drive it a LOT (60,000 miles in 3 1/2 years). It replenishes the daily drive overnight. I am a little disappointed that the dual is only rated for a 300 mile range as our Bolt gets 238 (usually 4+ miles per kWh). I was hoping that the new 4860 battery would greatly increase the range (16% ? or to 350 miles) WITHOUT increasing the agreed to 2019 price.
Sponsored