Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Yes, we could have gone without that and spent the time on more useful information

MonkeyDeLuffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Occupation
Math In-and-Out
Country flag
He lost one of test balls somewhere between 2019 and 2023. But at least he demoed how to keep a job by repeating the same trick after 4 years. There is some brilliance.

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I honestly wouldn’t have batted an eye at it, if it weren’t for Franz so obviously but poorly miming the body language of a hard throw while his arm meanwhile spaghetti-flops the ball

Which just cringe city when Musk wind-up was like “we messed this up last time but watch this!”

the 2019 steel ball merely cracking the window was more impressive than the “but watch this”

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Is it even a real baseball? When he misses the window the first time :D the ball bounces pretty high off the floor....like tennis ball high...

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Yeah probably the lamest thing to happen at the event.

A bit embarrassing even.

Just like Elon not being in the light, so we couldn't see him talk.

Overall, according to reports from the after party, the event was poorly executed and rushed. No air con and no proper catering or drinks even, and only 500 guests?

Dunno maybe MDR would of done a better job after all? 🤣

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Overall, according to reports from the after party, the event was poorly executed and rushed. No air con and no proper catering or drinks even, and only 500 guests?
In their defense, some of this may have been a factor regarding permitting vs the agility in which they needed to be able to schedule the event as soon as possible when it became clear they could make the deadlines.

I don't remember all the relevant details at the moment (things like this get jettisoned from the database), but the inclusion of e.g. food or drinks, size of crowd, etc., are among the factors that can bump up permitting scrutiny and timelines to approvals at the county/city level.

so while i can't say for sure off hand, it's definitely possible that - driven by the need to schedule quickly and/or secretively, they had to cap attendance at 500, and otherwise throttle the features of the event.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
In their defense, some of this may have been a factor regarding permitting vs the agility in which they needed to be able to schedule the event as soon as possible when it became clear they could make the deadlines.

I don't remember all the relevant details at the moment (things like this get jettisoned from the database), but the inclusion of e.g. food or drinks, size of crowd, etc., are among the factors that can bump up permitting scrutiny and timelines to approvals at the county/city level.

so while i can't say for sure off hand, it's definitely possible that - driven by the need to schedule quickly and/or secretively, they had to cap attendance at 500, and otherwise throttle the features of the event.
That might well be.

I was pretty hyped at the time, but after a while the event sort of degraded. I don't think EM was fully present and a bit distracted by other issues, not really his fault though, I think they were just missing a more effective show program.

It's a shame, the softball thing sort of hit that vibe home. The price didn't help with the downwards trend.

Looking back though, and after only 4 hours of sleep, the revealed product is actually pretty good and even a bit better than expected with V2X etc.

I'm quite happy with it overall, and the extra value from the extended feature set is worth the extra cost. At least for the DM...the TM isn't.
Sponsored