Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Range is 0% confirmed on the Plaid. Stick to 100% confirmed in this thread.
Are we even certain there will be a plaid? Never mind. I see Elon’s old tweet, “Cybertruck plaid is what I will drive”. My guess would be that the 4 motor will be the plaid. It’s not like they will add more motors for the plaid version. I guess they could put those higher performance carbon fiber wrapped motors in there.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Are we even certain there will be a plaid? Never mind. I see Elon’s old tweet, “Cybertruck plaid is what I will drive”. My guess would be that the 4 motor will be the plaid. It’s not like they will add more motors for the plaid version. I guess they could put those higher performance carbon fiber wrapped motors in there.
We really don’t know much at this point.

Quad Motor could be the same as Plaid in this case. On existing vehicles, the Plaid drivetrain it tri motor but there are no other tri motor vehicles.

We have 2 random tweets by Musk more than a year apart. It may be the tri-motor config is still around and it will be Dual, Tri, Plaid/ Quad.

I think it’ll be dual/ quad/ plaid myself, but it’s all second hand sources and speculation.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Patience grasshoppers. We will know more Cybertruck facts after Wednesdays 4th quarter earnings call. 5 more days…

Tesla Cybertruck What we 100% know about the Cybertruck 29E6F7D6-791E-48A8-8612-54188C6BDF7C

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Shameless self promotion... lol

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/taking-too-long-just-ordered-a-model-y.4576/

Your point on ICE vehicles and their current value is part of what convinced me to make the move. And in fact, since then I valued my current ICE vehicle and it's worth just a few thousand less than what I paid for it 3 years and 53K miles ago. A truly insane situation that is to be taken advantage of if possible. Now I just have to figure out how to safely sell it privately.

As an interesting side story... I was at a VW dealership recently to have my car serviced and some warranty repairs performed. I always deal with the same customer service guy, he's pretty decent, will point me at cheaper options outside of the dealer if it makes sense and is very fair. We have a good rapport and so he asked me, have you seen the new Golf R (I own the old version)? I told him yes, looks awesome, quicker, improved AWD, better cabin tech and all that... he went on to ask if I'll buy it and I said hell no., I'm buying a Tesla... the guy looked so crestfallen I actually felt bad for him. Must suck sometimes to work at a ICE manufacturer.
I had a leased 2018 Range Rover and sold it to Carmax for $4K more than the lease buyout. It was a beautiful car and was fun to drive but honestly, the pod car looking Model Y is more affordable, comfortable, has more internal volume for passengers plus luggage and is even more fun to drive. Insane situation indeed ... :)

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I think the only conclusion from this post is that we have all been talking about this truck for too long. And once the truck actually gets here the real winner is going to be our therapist from the months its going to take us to deal with the emotional trauma of waiting.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think the only conclusion from this post is that we have all been talking about this truck for too long. And once the truck actually gets here the real winner is going to be our therapist from the months its going to take us to deal with the emotional trauma of waiting.
But the of the entertainment value of posting here and sharing the the frustration.

Once we all have our trucks this place will be a ghost town ;)

SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage PHEV... 2025+ GMC Denali EV
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
But the of the entertainment value of posting here and sharing the the frustration.

Once we all have our trucks this place will be a ghost town ;)
or a place for folks to share all their mods and experiences!
I have a Ford Focus SE and there are multiple groups for that car, as there are many versions and it is highly customizable with aftermarket parts and such. ??

like this…
https://www.focusfanatics.com/forums/

side note, 350 - 500 hp Foci are not uncommon. And its such a light and small car. It’d give a Model 3 a run for its money, but likely get beat in the end. ?

500hp RS

400hp RS reciewed by the best auto review/mechanic on YouTube…

Found one… Plaid wins against 415 hp RS. LOL!

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Throw it down under in Jbee hot hands after months. of US shakedown. Finish off with a Baja run upon return. Mount that Cybertruck in the lobby of Tesla GigaTX, dirt and all. That’s why everyone works there! Why everyone rubbernecks - everytime. Why everyone buys cred.
If I get one you won't get it back! It'll be staying down under permanently! ;-)

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Patience grasshoppers. We will know more Cybertruck facts after Wednesdays 4th quarter earnings call. 5 more days…

29E6F7D6-791E-48A8-8612-54188C6BDF7C.jpeg
We’ll this grasshopper is hopping away from Tesla for a while because the CT is clearly not a priority.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
We’ll this grasshopper is hopping away from Tesla for a while because the CT is clearly not a priority.
Hopefully you find a good substitute.

It’s been a frustrating ride and I sympathize with the frustration.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The CT was never the priority. The priority is saving humanity from global catastrophe. The CT was thought to be part of the way to get there but Elon now sees a different path that is far more efficient. In the end the the CT will get built. It’s going to be required for the end solution but it is not the most efficient path at the moment.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The CT was never the priority. The priority is saving humanity from global catastrophe. The CT was thought to be part of the way to get there but Elon now sees a different path that is far more efficient. In the end the the CT will get built. It’s going to be required for the end solution but it is not the most efficient path at the moment.
Demand for their existing models just exploded. It’s that simply.

I don’t think anyone in the industry—Tesla included—realized we’d hit an inflection point and demand for EVs would just explode the way it has. I suspect Tesla thought they would slowly scale production of the Model 3 and Model Y as demand slowly built. Demand just exploded.

In February of 2021, Tesla was sending out emails trying to fill their Model Y order book with Cybertruck buyers. They even briefly lowered prices on the Model Y. Then sometime in March of 2021 it was like a demand bomb went off. Wait lists quickly grew to 6 months and prices rocketed up. It was a bit surreal and super memorable for me because I bought my Model Y in that brief window between and it seemed like every 3-4 weeks after we bought prices would increase again.

The market and in a lot of ways, the world, is completely different from what it was in 2019.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Oh, Tesla and Elon knew.

The economy is smoking hot right now and people want their EVs.

Just, no one else came out with the supply of EVs they promised five years ago,

-Crissa

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
The goal is to and I quote, “accelerate the worlds transition to sustainable energy”. In 2021 in the US the top 3 selling vehicles by qty were the Ford f series, Dodge Ram and the silverado. They sold over 2 Million. The next 3 vehicles were crossovers or suvs and the Camry which are similar to Tesla’s vehicles and those sales barely add up to half the truck sale volume. To say that the CT isn’t a priority is not in line with their mission statement.

They should make the dual motor, keep it simple and sell them like hot cakes for around $60k, but they keep making it crazier in this pissing contest with the new EV trucks and now I think Elon’s ego got in the way at a time where they just spent billions on factories and the cost to build out the CT production line greatly dampers their profitability. Well as we see in the stock reaction. The world wants Tesla to keep with the mission and make trucks.

A robot isn’t going to help sustainable energy for a long time and people need to work. The robot is 25 years down the road and Elon’s comment that if they don’t do it someone else will just shows you it’s an ego thing. He should stick to sustainable energy because that’s what the world needs. What good are robots or colonies on Mars if we are literally burning our planet alive faster than scientist realized we could.

I want to see the world be sustainable for my kids and I know I can help by reducing my carbon footprint. I need a truck for work and I can’t wait around for Tesla anymore.
Sponsored

Last edited: