Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You are ignorant. The goal is to and I quote, “accelerate the worlds transition to sustainable energy”. In 2021 in the US the top 3 selling vehicles by qty were the Ford f series, Dodge Ram and the silverado. They sold over $2M. The next 3 vehicles were crossovers or suvs and the Camry which are similar to Tesla’s vehicles and those sale barely add up to half the truck sale volume. To say that the CT isn’t a priority is ignorant. They should make the dual motor, keep it simple and sell them like hot cakes for around $60k, but they keep making it crazier in this pissing contest with the new EV trucks and now I think Elon’s ego got in the way at a time where they just spent billions on factories and the cost to build out the CT production line greatly dampers their profitability. Well as we see in the stock reaction. The world wants Tesla to keep with the mission and make trucks. A robot isn’t going to help sustainable energy for a long time and people need to work. The robot is 25 years down the road and Elon’s comment that if they don’t do it someone else will just shows you it’s an ego thing. He should stick to sustainable energy because that’s what the world needs. What good are robots or colonies on Mars if we are literally burning our planet alive faster than scientist realized we could. I want to see the world be sustainable for my kids and I know I can help by reducing my carbon footprint. I need a truck for work and I can’t wait around for Tesla anymore.
First. Paragraph breaks are great. Makes reading a lot easier.

Second. You should consider being less rude.

Third. Tesla made it clear launching the truck this year would ***** REDUCE ***** the total number of vehicles they ship. Yes, trucks are the sweet spot and produce more carbon than cars, but if you produce half as many, it’s a push or worse.

The robot is at least 3-10 years down the road. Musk is talking long term regarding the robot. That doesn’t mean they are diverting staff from the truck to work on the robot. They’ve been on a huge robotics hiring spree to work on Optimus. They are as you suggest nowhere near production on the robot so the people who are good at turning ideas into assembly lines won’t be working on it.

It is those peoplethe ones who build assembly lines—who we need for the Cybertruck.
Sponsored

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla dropped the longer range Model S, so there's the chance they'll delay the high range Cybertruck, too.

So that makes the middle sized range most likely.

-Crissa
meaning no quad and still going with tri-motor....?.....thought range is controlled by software.....my 2020 S started with 325 then went to 365, then to 391.....never saw the advertised 402 for 2020......arent they playing the same game with the new S and CT

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
meaning no quad and still going with tri-motor....?.....thought range is controlled by software.....my 2020 S started with 325 then went to 365, then to 391.....never saw the advertised 402 for 2020......arent they playing the same game with the new S and CT
We’re all sort of stabbing in the dark here. Quad is likely to stick around though.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We’re all sort of stabbing in the dark here. Quad is likely to stick around though.
Yeah, the parts limitations aren't on the number of motors. Motor controllers even, are doing fine; it was other sorts of relays and processors which have been in limited supply.

And batteries. Until last year, they were limited by the number of cells... and to a certain degree, they still are. But by year end, if they can get the machines they want, their output of cells should seem insane.

That's when their prices (and short term profits) start coming back down. But their sustainability goes up.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
… But by year end, if they can get the machines they want, their output of cells should seem insane. …
Everything I’ve heard about DBE and 4680 cells suggests they are going to crush it.

Add in the BYD blade on the low end and Tesla should have battery production limits licked for some time. Until the lithium shortages hit anyhow. Hopefully they have their mines online by then!

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
First. Paragraph breaks are great. Makes reading a lot easier.

Second. You should consider being less rude.

Third. Tesla made it clear launching the truck this year would ***** REDUCE ***** the total number of vehicles they ship. Yes, trucks are the sweet spot and produce more carbon than cars, but if you produce half as many, it’s a push or worse.

The robot is at least 3-10 years down the road. Musk is talking long term regarding the robot. That doesn’t mean they are diverting staff from the truck to work on the robot. They’ve been on a huge robotics hiring spree to work on Optimus. They are as you suggest nowhere near production on the robot so the people who are good at turning ideas into assembly lines won’t be working on it.

It is those peoplethe ones who build assembly lines—who we need for the Cybertruck.
Fixed it.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yahoo reported Musk not producing new models and diverting to Robots INSTEAD.

It's this type of misreporting which is permeating the false narratives.

We have :

Just before EOY Update, Feds announce a possible rate increase.. dropping the NASDAQ at 2:30pm.

The usual suspects misreport.. As I just stated. Really does stir up agitation.

Next day Biden meets with GM and Ford etc.. Lauding their potential.

Addendum : No mention of Fremont te achieving #1 production in US

Car unions must hate Tesla
Teamsters Union must fear Tesla .... Autonomy will decimate this Union

Apologies from me as an Aussie getting involved in US politics.. But its clear who's managing all this. Its not people fault if they are led up the wrong path.

As far as Tesla is concerned, none of this, including share price impact, changes the outlook.

Tesla will build 1.8 million cars+ and do all the other things because it's hard ! lol

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag

It's this type of misreporting which is permeating the false narratives.

We have :

Just before EOY Update, Feds announce a possible rate increase.. dropping the NASDAQ at 2:30pm.

The usual suspects misreport.. As I just stated. Really does stir up agitation.

Next day Biden meets with GM and Ford etc.. Lauding their potential.

Addendum : No mention of Fremont te achieving #1 production in US

Car unions must hate Tesla
Teamsters Union must fear Tesla .... Autonomy will decimate this Union

Apologies from me as an Aussie getting involved in US politics.. But its clear who's managing all this. Its not people fault if they are led up the wrong path.

As far as Tesla is concerned, none of this, including share price impact, changes the outlook.

Tesla will build 1.8 million cars+ and do all the other things because it's hard ! lol
That first sentence is exactly what Elon said on Wednesday. Its not misreporting.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag

No.

This report is misleading : New model production resources are not diverted to the Robot. It suggests cars on the back burner to chase a rainbow.

Production capacity is directed to Model Y and not new models to maximise production potential. This is the true statement.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Fixed it.
Thank you!

A robot isn’t going to help sustainable energy for a long time and people need to work. The robot is 25 years down the road and Elon’s comment that if they don’t do it someone else will just shows you it’s an ego thing. He should stick to sustainable energy because that’s what the world needs. What good are robots or colonies on Mars if we are literally burning our planet alive faster than scientist realized we could.

I want to see the world be sustainable for my kids and I know I can help by reducing my carbon footprint. I need a truck for work and I can’t wait around for Tesla anymore.
The robot is a big deviation from the mission.

I don’t think it affects the truck a bit though. The resources they use for the robot don’t cross over with the truck or the mission. At least not at this phase.

I do think the robot is interesting and long term could be bigger than the auto company, but it’s all potential now, no meat.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That first sentence is exactly what Elon said on Wednesday. Its not misreporting.
He did not say they were diverting resources from the planned vehicles to the robots.

He said they were focusing on scaling shipping products rather than new products.

Optimus is the most important future project. That doesn’t mean they are pulling resources from near shipping projects onto it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Since we’re talking about the Optimus…

Will it have a Fart mode?

Could you set it to make a fart sound randomly then it would have to say “Excuse me” and wave it’s hands?

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Since we’re talking about the Optimus…

Will it have a Fart mode?

Could you set it to make a fart sound randomly then it would have to say “Excuse me” and wave it’s hands?
I think I would rather Optimus congratulate my flatulence or compete with me for such dominance. We would of course follow with “Excuse me” because we are of course civil robot folk.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I think I would rather Optimus congratulate my flatulence or compete with me for such dominance. We would of course follow with “Excuse me” because we are of course civil robot folk.
Based on the rule, “He who smelt it, dealt it”, Optimus won’t be able to let go wind till his olfactory system is in place. I’m assuming Optimus is male because it is well known that the fairer sex never experiences such vulgarities as passing gas.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This is likely one of those things Musk was talking about when he said Optimus would develop a personality based on it’s owner.

Regardless, the default should be to make fart noises every time elevator doors close. Then everyone in the elevator is giving each other the side eye.
Sponsored