What if our $100 reservation was invested in TSLA?

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
9/23/23
Here's a related question, if I was around 47,000 in line, should I put my cybertruck money in TSLA or 3 month Treasuries?
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If you are starting and need to build your wealth, every decision to save money or make money is relevant..... It's your core business. Your question is a good one.

If you have made enough money to personally invest in a CT, then your balance in life needs review lol

If you have a business that can afford a CT or needs a CT and you are struggling to find as many $$ as you can... spend your time on the bigger picture, and don't worry about the $100.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
9/23/23
Here's a related question, if I was around 47,000 in line, should I put my cybertruck money in TSLA or 3 month Treasuries?
Well, they're not going to put out 50k in the next three months. Maybe after the first year they'll get that far. Maybe fifteen, eighteen months out.

-Crissa

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
9/23/23
As I see it, there are a number of questions here that need to be answered in order to answer the posted question.
1. When will you get to take delivery?
2. What will the TSLA stock price be when you take delivery?
3. What will the TSLA stock price be +/- 6 months of your delivery?
4. What will T-Bill rates be between now and then.

Youā€™re definitely in Magic 8 Ball territory with this one. For #1, you need to know release date and ramp up speed. Then are there factors that may affect your delivery like which version and possibly your location. You might be able to delay delivery some without losing your place, and knowing what the stock price will be just before to pull your money out, or delaying your purchase to get a few more $$ out.

The short answer is, if you want stability and not picking the right option would hurt you financially, go with the T-bills. If you can afford the risk and you think the CT and FSD and the possible new model and the 3+ and Juniper are going to cause the stock price to skyrocket, buy the stocks. If you are tight with Bill Gates and want to lose some money, short TSLA .

This isnā€™t financial advice. Iā€™m not a financial advisor, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. But those are the thoughts I have about your question.

Mad Dog Mebs

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You're correct. One share was way over $100 in 2019. My bad.
Well, in 2019, after I had retired, and had an extra $3000 in my change jar, I placed my order for the Tesla truck AND bought $3000 worth of stock at $220 (or close to that). I sold off stock to: Buy a used 2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean edition, the down payment on our Model Y Performance, the installation of our 240V charger, the winter wheel and tire package, plus several massages in Reno!!! $3000 magically became $25000+ over the course of a few years. I shoulda, coulda, woulda, $100,000, but Iā€™m happy despite that.
Sponsored