What if you need more time when your number comes up?

DallasCyberTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TOYOTA TUNDRA
Country flag
All reservation holders will get a message that says “prepare for delivery”, yes even if your 1,000,000th in line. On your account there will be some new tasks to complete. And then you’ll enter “Waiting Phase II”.
If you’re not ready when you get the prepare for delivery message just let it sit there. You won’t lose your place in line.
That makes sense, thank you.
Sponsored

frankenbeans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek, Cybertruck on order
Country flag
I would guess, given the demand, they’ll give you a window of time 24-48hrs to submit payment or accept their financing options or lose your place.
Best bet might be to find someone behind you in line and swap places, so if the times comes, you buy it for yourself or for the swap counterpart with their money. Then the reverse when their number comes up. Should we have a place in our profile or a thread to list our place in line, options and whether or not we are willing to trade up or down the queue?
You are making the assumption that we can swap places.

Panner

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Project manager
Country flag
That’s actually a very good question you might lose your place in line if you don’t pick it up when they call you.
I also think it would depend on if you ordered them all at the same time or if they’re staggered.
It may be rumour but Ive heard the order in which they received your deposit is not actually the order in which you may get your truck. I’ve heard it may be according to geographical location to start getting the trucks out in the public. Just rumour I’m new to Tesla and This will be my first EV

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
It may be rumour but Ive heard the order in which they received your deposit is not actually the order in which you may get your truck. I’ve heard it may be according to geographical location to start getting the trucks out in the public. Just rumour I’m new to Tesla and This will be my first EV
This has somewhat been the case in the past. I hope it sticks... im less then 200 miles from the new Factory :) I will most likely be picking mine up there.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yes, there's a couple reasons for geographical batches: They ship them out on trucks and boats that carry a certain number; and different areas have different regulatory hurdles they have to clear.

There may also be another logistical reason, to make sure their techs in your area are trained before they send trucks to them that may need support.

-Crissa

Panner

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Project manager
Country flag
I just looked at a spread sheet that someone posted on here. I just put my deposit down on sept 1st 2020 and from what I see a lot of the dual motor trucks that have deposits within the last month or so are stating late 2023 that is 3 years for me if it follows that pattern. Excitement will be through the roof if it’s true

Kaz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
Will we be able to complete our build before the “waiting phase 2” stage?

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 3/4 ton
Country flag
Most everyone wants more time, "when their number comes up".....Yet, God always wins.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
That is so useful. Thanks. My dream is to own a small fleet of CTs.
My suggestion would be to do what you would do whether the fleet is of CT's, garbage trucks or airplanes and that is to draw up your business plan and take it to a financial institution. If they think your business plan makes sense they will lend you the money probably in tranches as the trucks aren't probably all going to roll off the line at once. If you are planning to start a business using these you will want your financing in place well before delivery day. It seems a long way off but it's time to get going.
Sponsored