What tires come on Non Foundation Series CyberTruck?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We don't know, because no details of the post Foundation Series have been released yet.

But it's a good bet it's the slim road tire on the same rims, Goodyear, because that's what we"ve seen so far on engineering vehicles.

-Crissa
Sponsored

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
We don't know, because no details of the post Foundation Series have been released yet.

But it's a good bet it's the slim road tire on the same rims, Goodyear, because that's what we"ve seen so far on engineering vehicles.

-Crissa
What would be their budget for the upgrade?

Djinndjinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models S
Country flag
Well, that would be in the eye of the beholder. If you are an off-roader (or simply canā€™t wait and are willing to spend an extra maybe $1,000 to $1500 for four tires later), then itā€™s a downgrade. On the other hand, if youā€™re looking for greater range, and longer lasting tires, Itā€™s an upgrade.

Iā€™m hoping itā€˜s neither - simply a checkbox choice to be offered soon for the foundation series ā€“ click here for all terrain, click there for all season. waiting (im)patiently for this to happenā€¦

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
@Crissa - My RV puller SUV has on it a not too shabby Michelin from the dealer.

But ai moved residence where there is heavy snow days.

Got myself an upgrade to a $450/tire. The Michelin was quickly bought online within a day -- with a few attempting a scam.

My question is, in a regular non FS CT with dealer-installed street tires, will it have an option for an upgrade in tires and for how much (upgrade less value of the street tire?)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Test vehicle is good. Maybe itā€™s less offensive. I have just seen countless videos where itā€™s called the Beta Series, hence where I got that terminology
ā€œCountless videos where itā€™s called the Beta Seriesā€? If there are any they are idiots. There were beta trucks, and release candidates, and Foundation Series production trucks, and all of those terms came from Tesla. Someday there will be non-FS trucks but who knows when.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Meanwhile, pray that Tesla cash cow FS order to taper off to zero soon.
I donā€™t wish that at all. If they start the non-FS orders they will go back to the beginning of the RN list.

Djinndjinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Models S
Country flag
These seem to be ā€˜oldā€™ tires by design (2010) but a new model was launched in 2018 - Pirelli Scorpion AT plus - which seem to have better reviews.

https://www.tirebusiness.com/articl...ches-all-terrain-replacement-light-truck-tire

1. Any thoughts as to whether itā€™s the ā€plusā€ that is being referred to (which doesnā€™t yet come on the cybertruck size)?
2. Any thoughts whether this AT and All Season type tire will add the extra range ā€œpromisedā€ by Tesla (along with new aero cap design?
3. Any thoughts as to when? Please do not respond with ā€œsoonā€ or ā€œnext week by Musk timeā€ :LOL:

OP
OP

Nidavellir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-Order CyberTruck
Country flag
This is from T-Sportline website
Tesla Cybertruck What tires come on Non Foundation Series CyberTruck? IMG_5580
Sponsored