When is the right time to make the final payment?

Toylover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I am very sorry, I know this has probably already been discussed a few times at this point but I can't seem to find the relevant threads.

I have received my VIN and delivery date, completed all steps in the app including registration, insurance, agreements. The app keeps saying "Complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery", clicking continue takes me "Make your Final Payment".

I am paying in cash, before I make the $108,000 payment is there anything that I need to make sure? I am about 10 days out from my delivery date.

Are people paying in full only after inspecting their vehicle in person on delivery date? That seems like the smart option but at the same time I do not want anything to delay my delivery.
Sponsored

Nobell32

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast Foundation
Country flag
I paid cash as well and although I completed the whole process about 4 days before delivery they did not take the money out of my account until the day of delivery.

cybertruckwaldo

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
I used the app and paid via plaid after I inspected the exterior of the vehicle. They had to run it back to the detail guys to get some spots off one body panel. Once that was complete, I accepted the vehicle in the app.

Then I picked a spot in the parking lot and did a more in-depth inspection of the interior and vault. Made a long list of cosmetic issues. They promised to fix them at my first service appointment. We both notated the list. Then I drove off. The funds were withdrawn from my checking account a couple days later.

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR x2, 2024 FS AWD (on 05/30/2024)
Country flag
I never pay first.

I walk my final payment in with a cashier's check.

I just got my VIN today and did every step except for the final payment. It won't delay my delivery at all.

What I don't want to happen is another containment hold while they have my money.

YMMV, etc.

Congrats on the CT!!

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
I paid ahead of time for an early Model Y delivery that was direct to my home in NM and I doubt they would have delivered if I hadn’t paid prior. There were a couple minor cosmetic issues that they said to put a service request in for but I never bothered and forgot about them.

jsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD
Country flag
In Michigan, I was instructed that I had to pay in order to not delay delivery. They said it cannot cross state lines unless it is paid in full. I got my VIN on 05/01, and still awaiting a delivery date. Paid in full.

Frank_Castle

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation series AWD ordered
Country flag
Pay after you see the truck. I paid initially had Plaid linked and it looked like it would have worked and then the pedal recall occurred. Since I had all the time in the world at that point, just did a cashiers check to avoid any possible headaches.

Mattkalin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F350 Superduty , 2023 Model Y AWD
Country flag
Pay after you see the truck. I paid initially had Plaid linked and it looked like it would have worked and then the pedal recall occurred. Since I had all the time in the world at that point, just did a cashiers check to avoid any possible headaches.
Another Michigander here and I don’t think you have to pay in full before it crosses
State lines but you do have to your financing approved and in place. Maybe if your paying 100% cash.

jsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD
Country flag
Yeah, I was paying cash. I wonder if that’s why, since they have no proof that funding is in place.

sharpgator

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, M3
Country flag
I am taking delivery Saturday. I have my cashier’s check in hand and have confirmed that it is acceptable and made out correctly with the advisor

Chicago

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck, 2012 Fisker Karma, 2008 Hummer H3
Country flag
In Michigan, I was instructed that I had to pay in order to not delay delivery. They said it cannot cross state lines unless it is paid in full. I got my VIN on 05/01, and still awaiting a delivery date. Paid in full.
When did you pay? I just paid yesterday and haven't got a VIN yet. Was wondering approximately how long between when you paid and the VIN came.

jsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD
Country flag
When did you pay? I just paid yesterday and haven't got a VIN yet. Was wondering approximately how long between when you paid and the VIN came.
I actually received my VIN before I paid. But once I received it, I was told to make payment to avoid delivery delays and entering the state. It's currently still on the train to Chicago, and then will head on a transport truck here to Michigan.

justG0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
I only gave my check at the time of delivery when I picked up my truck, after I inspected it. I had uploaded picture of my check via the app and they confirmed that was good enough. I did 0 down, other than the $1,250 that we all had to pay.

No issue, no delays.

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
My delivery center said I needed to pay by the date the truck hit their lot. That was a week ago and it's still not ready for delivery, but I was not given any options. I said I'd bring a certified check on delivery day and they said no and that they would allocate to someone else if I didn't pay sooner.

Kamin

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Health Physicist
Country flag
I just got the message to pay in full (cash buy) to avoid delays, no VIN. What have others experienced if they paid in full over the app without a VIN? Time frames?
Sponsored