Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here

quickrch

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford E350 Van, 2014 Ford Focus SE, 2015 Volkswagen Passat, 2006 Subaru Outback Legacy
Occupation
I count things
Country flag
CT is the most practical vehicle I have ever seen. I want a truck but I drive a lot. I live rural and love it/don't want to move. I have a 130 mile commute at highway speed each way to work so 3-4 days a week I drive 4 hours I currently drive a gas car that gets 35mpg. I really like where I live and where I work and family dynamics make a move not realistic. A truck would be handy in my home life but not for a commute like mine. I don't want multiple vehicles to maintain.

Enter the CT, it has the range to get me to and from work even with battery degradation (Range). The solar roof is a plus. The auto pilot features are something hard to wait for. Stainless steel for a high mileage vehicle is a great idea. Seating for 5-6. The vault. It is like a cross between an econo car, a luxery sedan, a station wagon, and a truck. It takes all the best from each. I am looking forward to fewer maintenance issues, not worrying about paint, not paying for gas, and charging at home overnight.
Sponsored

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I'm a truck guy. Have a 3/4 ton diesel truck that I love. I lifted it and upgraded the suspension for offroad and the truck does everything I want. I pull my trailer to the countryside with my polaris ranger, pull my duck hunting boat to the river, throw stuff in the bed to go to the beach, etc. I've been really wanting to know if this thing gets decent range when towing a moderate load (less than 8k lbs). My truck is a badass, but if the CT gets decent range towing, it is the EV that will make me switch. All the other features that come plain stock on the CT are just too good. The adjustable suspension at the touch of the screen is such a nice feature. Going from towing on the pavement to dirt roads with washouts and huge potholes, I can just keep going and adjust the suspension height, stiffness, etc to suit the situation without any effort. The body panels being so tough is a huge plus. My current truck is awesome for all the things I do, but vegetation when going down a trail scratching at my paint is something I have to plan to avoid. The exterior of the cybertruck eliminates this. And if I get a scratch that needs attention, some good sandpaper will buff it out. It is exactly what a truck should be...completely utilitarian and tough. If the interior is comfortable for long trips, this thing will be amazing.

Wilfredo

First Name
Wilfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Corolla 1996
Occupation
law
Country flag
I reached my 50 and this will be my last vehicle, it will last more than 4 decades. Also, and if everything turns out as it seems, it will have the battery of a million miles, then it will be the Pickup for my son, who is already 14. He will drive it to pick up his girl and together they will go to their Seniors graduation. We will not suffer if it is scratched with a branch or something else, nothing will have to be painted. In Puerto Rico the strong hurricanes visit us very often, so this will be a vehicle for the apocalypse, it will provide us with energy for the house, we will drag debris to open roads, we will cross flooded areas, we will help the neighbors.
The Cybertruck will be my Batmobile.
Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here CyberBat

SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage PHEV... 2025+ GMC Denali EV
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
Environmental concerns, want a truck to haul stuff, incredible range, fossil fuel companies will be going away and the price of remaining fuel will be sky high while electricity will get less and less expensive. Also, as some have said, probably the last car I will buy (and I expect to live many more decades) - unless Tesla makes a flying car of course. ;)
All of the incredible performance stats are the rich and delicious gravy on top.

edkaine

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic, Hyundai Tucson, have a Tesla Cybertruck ordered
Occupation
OT, RFT (Occupational Therapist and Registered Functional Therapist)
Country flag
I reached my 50 and this will be my last vehicle, it will last more than 4 decades. Also, and if everything turns out as it seems, it will have the battery of a million miles, then it will be the Pickup for my son, who is already 14. He will drive it to pick up his girl and together they will go to their Seniors graduation. We will not suffer if it is scratched with a branch or something else, nothing will have to be painted. In Puerto Rico the strong hurricanes visit us very often, so this will be a vehicle for the apocalypse, it will provide us with energy for the house, we will drag debris to open roads, we will cross flooded areas, we will help the neighbors.
The Cybertruck will be my Batmobile.
CyberBat.jpg
"Batmobile", I Love it!

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Two reasons -- that have nothing to do with the truck itself.

1. I want it so badly that, at age 85, I'm taking better care of myself so I'll survive another couple years!

2. I won't have to visit a dealership -- where I'll get "owned" and then professionally manipulated by the first salesperson who manages to shake my hand and learn my name.

ericpdb2

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Prius
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am 71YO. Probably 73-75YO before the CT I ordered arrives. When I retired at 67YO I vowed to start doing the fun things I had deferred. I have put on 20# muscle at the gym, now have 200+ bottles of wine, and travel Europe 3-6 weeks a year. I always had inexpensive practical vehicles. My next transformation is the CT. I always wanted a Porsche 911S. The CT can beat that on a quarter mile. I cannot tow with my Prius. The CT will allow me to have a boat. The radical look does not put me off, it excites me. Any Bubba can have something that looks like an F-150. This Bubba will have a sci-fi truck. May The Force Be With Me.

My daughter and grandson will realize I am not the stodgy old fellow they think I am.
I will be ecologically responsible while having lots of fun.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The extremely durable 1/8” thick stainless steel body panels and Armor Glass really excite me. This is not your typical domestic vehicle that is designed, engineered and assembled with planned obsolescence in mind. You won’t be disposing of it after 6-10 years because of body/frame corrosion, the engine blowing a head gasket or your high tech transmission giving up the ghost.

Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here 356E4557-77B0-4CDC-9F62-CD34D177FE4E

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Face it. We don't know when the first deliveries will occur, and can't even guess when the entire wait-list will be fulfilled.

I bet someone will start a "take my place in line (for a fee)" service -- to match impatient customers with early-reservers in the same district.

I picture announcements like, "Just heard I get delivery in two weeks. As soon as I get it, want to buy it for an extra couple thou?" Or, "Getting your CT in the next month within 500 miles of [wherever]? I'll pay an extra ... for it."

Mind you, I hear that the company can make it hard for buyers of pre-owned Teslas, by disconnecting stuff.

Mikutow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I live in Colorado up high in the mountains. (Not Denver) Its big snow country here. The biggest problem with standard trucks is that they are actually terrible in snow. Yes, they have 4WD, but their weight distribution is way too front forward. If you do not load the back up with a sled, gear, or sandbags, what you get is a wishy-washy rear end. (Not ideal for mountain passes after a 2 foot dump.

My neighbor had a Raptor last season and his 4WD went out. The first big storm of the season he couldn't make it up our street! (barely sloped). How embarrassing. 70k truck stuck on a residential street.

The CT solves this with its weight distribution. Not to mention every other feature is perfection. This is my adventure vehicle. Every day to the slopes in Winter, and camping adventures in the desert all Summer.

Also, the looks are amazing. There are not too many vehicles that make you stop in your tracks to check them out. Ill be glad to have one.

OP
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
The extremely durable 1/8” thick stainless steel body panels and Armor Glass really excite me. This is not your typical domestic vehicle that is designed, engineered and assembled with planned obsolescence in mind. You won’t be disposing of it after 6-10 years because of body/frame corrosion, the engine blowing a head gasket or your high tech transmission giving up the ghost
Yeah, this is my rust nightmare. I've tried filling some of the holes with silicone, but I'm not going to spend $2,000 app to have a new roof welded in on a seventeen-year-old truck
The extremely durable 1/8” thick stainless steel body panels and Armor Glass really excite me. This is not your typical domestic vehicle that is designed, engineered and assembled with planned obsolescence in mind. You won’t be disposing of it after 6-10 years because of body/frame corrosion, the engine blowing a head gasket or your high tech transmission giving up the ghost.

356E4557-77B0-4CDC-9F62-CD34D177FE4E.jpeg
Yeah, this is my rust nightmare. I've tried filling some of the holes with silicone, but I'm not going to spend $2,000 to have a new roof welded in on a 17 year old truck. Rust In Pieces, my old friend. Ford should be ashamed of making a product with such planned obsolescence. Never again. I'm entering a new phase of Cyber-life
Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here 20200525_085612

Last edited:

NeW YoRk LeGenD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Range Rover Sport, 2019 Dodge Ram Laramie
Country flag
I love this truck. I was looking into getting an H1 military vehicle . I live in southern Florida and I do live under sea level . God forbid I need to get out of here I want to be able to drive threw anything. Also, doesn’t her that the cyber truck reminds me of halo warthog . I might camo it out and put a .50 caliber on the back ?

Ride.Safe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC All Terrain
Country flag
I definitely ordered this truck because of the stainless steel body. I like a functional (tri motor) truck that lasts! This truck you can take in the brush or mud and not hurt it. Wash the mud off and take it to the track! Or across country?

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
The Cybertruck will solve four of my biggest pet peeves regarding vehicle ownership;
-Door dings from inconsiderate people
-Chipped and scratched exterior paint
-Exterior paint maintenance (waxing, polishing, etc.)
-Body panel corrosion

I plan to have PPF applied to the front headlights and blade light for protection.
Sorry -- what's PPF?
Sponsored