Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram
Occupation
Engineering technician
Country flag
Cybertruck reminds me of all the awesomeness of my childhood from Back to the future, Aliens, Total recall, GI Joe. I personally love the design.
Sponsored

TeslaDude

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Many Things
Country flag
Since it was revealed in November 2019, no other car or truck has caught the worlds' attention the way Cybertruck has. Tell us in 500 words or less, why you are psycho for Cybertruck.
Bad Ass, my first EV and first Truck at 58 years old. I live in Texas and I want to stick out like a thumb to help people to want a CT!!!!!

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
I have been driving Ford F-250's since 1981. Need I say anything else?

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
It's has super car performance with truck utility with a mid level vehicle cost.

Also the frontier of next gen vehicles. Cybertruck in 50 years might be more revered then those classic 60s Mustangs.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I had planned to purchase the yet to be revealed 2021 Raptor as I want to move up to a full size pickup. That was until the Cybertruck was live streamed last year. I was blown away by the Dual Motor content and $50k price point. That was the last day I ever salivated over the Ford Raptor.

I placed my deposit around 11am the following day. I fell in love with the practical function over form design, AWD electric propulsion, utility, stainless steel exoskeleton, industrial design, performance, low cost of ownership, future resale value, air suspension, 4 wheel independent suspension, storage, etc.

Tesla Cybertruck Why are we so crazy about the Cybertruck? Post your reason here EAEFF036-D0F3-42A0-AF4B-6D5DDA6B1162

Last edited:

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
F=MA
The day after the reveal I was wondering how a truck, much larger than a M3 could have the nearly the same cost/battery.
I guessed it was because Tesla factored in new battery tech in their pricing/specs. It wasn't enough for me to put in a reservation because I would prefer to see these on the road for a year or so before buying but I did purchase Tesla stock! But the appeal of this vehicle is that if will be the last vehicle I buy and I intend to power it with roof top solar.
So I reserved a dual a few months ago and look forward to hearing the testimony of those who drive the CT before my delivery.

KendrickMB

First Name
Kendrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Trax, 2012 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
As a big and tall person, I prefer big vehicles. Trucks are versatile and can comfortably carry my family when needed. For the CT specifically, I want my next vehicle to be electric and the CT is the best value proposition with the fun of a Tesla vehicle.

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I had planned on purchasing the yet to be revealed 2021 Raptor until the Cybertruck was live streamed last year. That was the last day I salivated over the Ford Raptor.

I placed my deposit around 11am the following day because I fell in love with the function over form design, AWD electric propulsion, stainless steel exoskeleton, performance, low cost of ownership, future resale value, air suspension, 4 wheel independent suspension, storage, etc.
Aye, I was hoping Ford did a Twin Turbo V8 gen 3 Raptor. But seems unlikely, even then the Cybertruck will outperform and out value it.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I think Ford will have no choice but to offer a V8 option again in the Gen 3 Raptor to combat the upcoming Ram TRX with the Hellcat engine. Buyers of full size trucks want a V8 engine option. Hell, even the Wrangler looks like it will have a 6.2L V8 option very soon.

Last edited:

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I think Ford will have no choice but to offer a V8 option again in the Gen 3 Raptor to combat the upcoming Ram TRX with the Hellcat engine. Buyers of full size trucks want a V8 engine option. Hell, even the Wrangler looks like it will have a 6.2L V8 option very soon.
That Space Jockey wrap is nice! Ford is getting too cute with these small engines.

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
For me it’s futuristic, electric, one of a kind and actually affordable in comparison to similar trucks with the same capabilities.

OP
OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
The thing is, EVERY SINGLE MANUFACTURER out there is going to have to put an electric motor in their vehicles if they want to compete with Tesla. Tesla is going to drag them through the mud until they do. A few years ago, Tesla was competing with every other manufacturer. Now, because they rested on their laurels, they're going to have to work super hard (which I doubt they will) just to catch up with Tesla. Elon Musk has created a lot of momentum, so he's zipping across all the finish lines, and setting the bar ever higher. Electric vehicles are going to be cheaper than ICE, there are far fewer parts to make, no radiators, no water pump, no catalytic converters, no exhaust pipes, no fuel pump, no transmissions, no fuel filters, air filters, oil pumps, etc. Better, simpler, faster, cheaper...superior in every way!
Sponsored