Why do we say its okay to have all these issues by many?

Psybertruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX
Country flag
As a fan of Tesla and early adopter of the Model X, I have asked myself multiple times why I subject myself over and over again with quality and service issues.

Regardless of being the first of its kind, issues regarding the foundation CTs continue to grow.

***THESE ARE NOT ISSUES I'VE HAD WITH MY TRUCK PERSONALLY BUT NOTED ACROSS FORUMS/X***

1. Bricking due to charging issues/PCS/HV/harness
2. Bricking after car wash
3. Tonneau cover gap
4. Water damage to tonneau cover buttons
5. Overhead gear selector popping/dropping
6. Panels flying off
7. Windshield cracking/deformity
8. Windshield wiper motor not working
9. Rear doors not opening 90 degrees
10. Seatbelts installed incorrectly
11. Screen blacking out

On top of that, service is backed up, takes forever to get parts, repair itself takes days to weeks, and worse part of it all... poor communication...

I've already had my front windshield replaced, wiper motor replaced, gear selector fixed, and now find myself waiting on a side mirror replacement.

I repeatedly convince myself that it's okay and find myself justifying the situation. Like a bad/unhealthy relationship you keep on going back for more abuse. Not only am I complacent, I defend the behavior by saying,

"It's a Tesla.."
"Small price to pay as an early adopter..."
"I knew what I was getting into..."

It's sad, foolish and so egregious that it's comical. Never did I allow this with my other cars.

Yet I sit in the 100K+ car, being towed left and right, smiling and secretly hoping that it won't brick while my kids are riding in the back.

On a side note, anyone with a CT that is working without issues for more than month or two (with a couple of thousand miles+)?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
As a fan of Tesla and early adopter of the Model X, I have asked myself multiple times why I subject myself over and over again with quality and service issues.

Regardless of being the first of its kind, issues continue to grow including,

1. Bricking due to charging issues/PCS/HV/harness
2. Bricking after car wash
3. Tonneau cover gap
4. Water damage to tonneau cover buttons
5. Overhead gear selector popping/dropping
6. Panels flying off
7. Windshield cracking/deformity
8. Windshield wiper motor not working
9. Rear doors not opening 90 degrees
10. Seatbelts installed incorrectly
11. Screen blacking out

On top of that, service is backed up, takes forever to get parts, repair itself takes days to weeks, and worse part of it all... poor communication...

I've already had my front windshield replaced, wiper motor replaced, gear selector fixed, and now find myself waiting on a side mirror replacement.

I repeatedly convince myself that it's okay and find myself justifying the situation. Like a bad/unhealthy relationship you keep on going back for more abuse. Not only am I complacent, I defend the behavior by saying,

"It's a Tesla.."
"Small price to pay as an early adopter..."
"I knew what I was getting into..."

It's sad, foolish and so egregious that it's comical. Never did I allow this with my other cars.

Yet I sit in the 100K+ car, being towed left and right, smiling and secretly hoping that it won't brick while my kids are riding in the back.

On a side note, anyone with a CT that is working without issues for more than month or two (with a couple of thousand miles+)?
You have had all of those 11+ things happen to you? I do not consider myself an early adopter of anything. I am ā€˜gen 2ā€™. So this time Iā€™ll be late early. I do not look forward to any off those things.

CyberFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
For the record have over 1k miles on my CB from March and itā€™s been excellent. Only ā€œcorrectionā€ was the liftgate slightly out of flush with adjacent light panels, which was a quick adjustment. Most wouldnā€™t have even noticed it.

Best overall vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned by a long shot and Iā€™ve owned the full rangeā€¦

The Tumbler

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck FD series Dual Motor AWD
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Country flag
Damn. I am sorry, that is quite a list... Iā€™ve had Teslas since 2016 and the customer service experience has gone from exceptional to barely tolerable. Luckily Iā€™ve had very few service issues and no serious problems that took weeks and delays. I got my CT on March 31 and have had not one issue 1500 miles in. I am terrified it will change based on what I read on here but also hope your issues and others are the minority. Your list seems like enough to suggest a lemon replacement?

canā€™t imagine your frustration

OP
OP

Psybertruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX
Country flag
No.

Issues 'grow' because there are more trucks. More trucks means the very few that have problems will show up here.

-Crissa
Of course that's true but doesn't seem like a few to me.

Still doesn't make it okay to install the seat belts incorrectly or send a windshield wiper DOA on a 100K car. But like I said I myself justify these issues.

Don't mean to ruffle your feathers but your post and responses throughout the forum are exemplary of my point.

Yes, the absolute number of problems will grow (merely by the increasing numbers) but let's not be naive about the relative % and most importantly the follow up service experience.

I actually feel bad for the SC folks and catch myself saying "it's okay if you haven't replied.. nor called back as promised... or completed the repair in X days etc etc... I know their busting their asses to keep us happy but still doesn't make it okay...

Last edited:
OP
OP

Psybertruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX
Country flag
You have had all of those 11+ things happen to you? I do not consider myself an early adopter of anything. I am ā€˜gen 2ā€™. So this time Iā€™ll be late early. I do not look forward to any off those things.
I had to add a few lines to the original post but def. not all... "Just" a front windshield, wiper motor, side mirror, dropped gear selector, and loose trim....

So far...

Last edited:
OP
OP

Psybertruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX
Country flag
Damn. I am sorry, that is quite a list... Iā€™ve had Teslas since 2016 and the customer service experience has gone from exceptional to barely tolerable. Luckily Iā€™ve had very few service issues and no serious problems that took weeks and delays. I got my CT on March 31 and have had not one issue 1500 miles in. I am terrified it will change based on what I read on here but also hope your issues and others are the minority. Your list seems like enough to suggest a lemon replacement?

Not all of the problems (I've only had a few listed). My experience thus far has been okay since I haven't had the CT get towed. Don't get me wrong, the car IS amazing but having to drive back 90 miles to a service center a couple of times within 10 days sucked.

OP
OP

Psybertruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX
Country flag
For the record have over 1k miles on my CB from March and itā€™s been excellent. Only ā€œcorrectionā€ was the liftgate slightly out of flush with adjacent light panels, which was a quick adjustment. Most wouldnā€™t have even noticed it.

Best overall vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned by a long shot and Iā€™ve owned the full rangeā€¦
Good to hear! I've only clocked 600 miles on the CT so far but our MDX has over 120K miles. I've developed not "range anxiety" but "tow anxiety" reading this forum about different issues.

CyberFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Good to hear! I've only clocked 600 miles on the CT so far but our MDX has over 120K miles. I've developed not "range anxiety" but "tow anxiety" reading this forum about different issues.
Understandable...towing with any EV is not idealā€¦but with the Range Extender that should be a distant memoryšŸ˜Ž

justG0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
3500 miles and no issues so far. I picked up my cyber truck and within an hour was on a road trip from Seattle to San Diego and back.

Loving every minute of it. Hopefully I didnā€™t jinx it!

OP
OP

Psybertruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX
Country flag

My CT has been good to me thus far. I was listing the issues others have had on the forum.

Basically I share your sentiment. I am also terrified my experience will change based on reading all the issues others have had. And yes... service was phenomenal years ago but now it's difficult to tolerate.
Sponsored