Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla’s are computers on wheels that get constant software updates. I’m sure that the suspension will be included in those updates. Our S has just kept getting better since we got it.
Sponsored

rjo71342

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
current:outlander phev, next:cybertruck
Occupation
custtomer service
Country flag
posted more comments on your youtube video but so you know great video but suggest look at maxwell for their suspension also as it is part of teslas IP now

CYBERWOLF

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
Student
Country flag
Honestly really enjoyed this, it gave me a new perspective on how trucks today really are compared to what the cybertruck will be, so thank you for that!!

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I am very intrigued on how Tesla will engineer the rear suspension and motors to handle 14,000 pounds of towing AND the durability to run the Baja 1000 without breaking down.

My educated guess is the rear suspension will be independent with the electric motor(s) fastened to a subframe. The pre-assembled subframe can be installed on the assembly line and will also add rigidity to the unibody.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I am very intrigued on how Tesla will engineer the rear suspension and motors to handle 14,000 pounds of towing AND the durability to run the Baja 1000 without breaking down.

My educated guess is the rear suspension will be independent with the electric motor(s) fastened to a subframe. The pre-assembled subframe can be installed on the assembly line and will also add rigidity to the unibody.
Good guess considering thats how Tesla does all there vehicles already. Its also what makes swapping Tesla motors into other vehicles so easy.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I assumed they solved this issue with the Tesla Semi... how many Model 3 motors have they said are in the Tesla Semi?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The current CV axle shaft will need to be upgraded to a HD design to handle the crazy towing capability.

Tesla Cybertruck Why Elon Thinks Cybertruck Suspension 'Game Changing'.  (My Newest Video) 1E1743FD-05D6-4902-B613-3CD9B5359955

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
Thanks for sharing.

Here are the points in the video where I focus exclusively on the data and summary of that data:

Quotes from Journalists about Suspension 3:35
Summary of what Quotes reveal about the Suspension 8:54

You can see I spend a little more than 5 minutes just pulling actual journalist quotes who spent substantial time with the vehicle and then follow that up by summarizing those quotes and placing them in a logical context.
We love your chanel !

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
Thanks for the videos. I’ve enjoyed watching them with the unique perspective from someone that actually uses trucks.

I’ve never owned a truck, but this is exactly what we need for the trips we take.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Great video. It struck me that the prototype is a dual motor. .... probably not a shock for others. Maybe it will actually be the first off the production line. I would imagine the dual arm A arm suspension would be as close to the same with all 3 models for production.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
One of the features I am looking forward to the most are the handling characteristics. The Cybertruck should handle WAY better than any full size pickup currently on the road. The adjustable height air suspension from the cab (touchscreen) and 4-wheel independent suspension will be amazing. Elon promised it will be “game changing”.

It was announced in November that the truck would have an adjustable suspension, allowing the height of the body to be raised or lowered by about 10 cm (roughly 4 inches) to facilitate access to the cargo area.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I actually think the Cybertruck, will be one of the nicest vehicles to drive on the road at all. Usually a truck "drives like a truck" which is a phrase for an uncomfortable ride. I remember my dad taking me out in his old Ford and I learned what driving like a truck meant. We've already come a long way to making trucks more comfortable and the RAM 1500 actually won luxury car of the year, which I think they are now changing the name to Luxury vehicle of the year because a truck finally won. A big part of that win, I think, was credited to the automatic air suspention which makes it handle beautifully. I have no doubt that the Cybertruck will one up 2020 RAM 1500 with their new updates to the adaptive air suspension and any updates they might do before deliveries start.

Hopefully this starts a friendly competition between manufacturers which results in similar air suspensions being on most trucks.
Sponsored