Will Canadian reservation holders be part of first push?

Nabilriaz69

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It was a factor. Tesla actually pushed forward a bunch of Canadian Model 3 Deliveries because of it so customers could get the tax credit before it expired. Ah, the memories of spending too much time tracking Model 3 deliveries in early 2018...

Maybe I should re-evaluate how I spend my time as I seem to be repeating that behavior!
Yes I got my Model 3 RWD in April 2018 and in July I got 14K rebate, there was an event in International center near Pearson airport. still remember folks waving when passing
Sponsored

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Yes I got my Model 3 RWD in April 2018 and in July I got 14K rebate, there was an event in International center near Pearson airport. still remember folks waving when passing
Haha, I remember that. Also I had just had a total knee replacement 3 weeks before and even though it was my left leg, I wasn't supposed to drive for 6 weeks after the surgery so I took my wife and adult daughter. They were both too nervous to drive my new car so I drove. That was the first time I had ever been in any tesla or EV.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Refresh S took about 3 months extra to hit Canada, I could see Cybertruck being a longer wait though. Hard to say.
One school of thought says not for ages. Evidence: not a peep about prices, models, availability. Maybe Tesla is concerned about a backlash, such as over the Canadian cost, or from problems with the Canadian winter, such as range, or opening the door when ice-covered.

Alternately, the roll-out in the US is focused on wide distribution. Some expected the early deliveries would go where there'd be minimal travel, namely Texas and California. But it's clear that Tesla wants the publicity gained from a few CTs going to the far corners of the country. And including Canada in these plans would fit right in.

In short, your last three words say it all.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
One school of thought says not for ages. Evidence: not a peep about prices, models, availability. Maybe Tesla is concerned about a backlash, such as over the Canadian cost, or from problems with the Canadian winter, such as range, or opening the door when ice-covered.

Alternately, the roll-out in the US is focused on wide distribution. Some expected the early deliveries would go where there'd be minimal travel, namely Texas and California. But it's clear that Tesla wants the publicity gained from a few CTs going to the far corners of the country. And including Canada in these plans would fit right in.

In short, your last three words say it all.
BC and Quebec have generous provincial grants so they will probably go there first.

The only CT on display in Canada that I am aware of was in BC.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
First push - December 2023 - is California and Texas, according to internal code in Tesla's website as reported by white hat hackers like Green the only.

I assume Canada will get them soon after wider deliveries starts in 2024. Has anyone noted different lighting for the Canadian model?

-Crissa

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
First push - December 2023 - is California and Texas, according to internal code in Tesla's website as reported by white hat hackers like Green the only.

I assume Canada will get them soon after wider deliveries starts in 2024. Has anyone noted different lighting for the Canadian model?

-Crissa
Not sure about Canadian lighting regs, but do know that every printed word (labels on car, electronic display, owners manual (if supplied) -- all wording -- has to be shown or made available in French as well as English. And Quebec authorities might insist that vehicles sold there must have French "predominating" (as they define that). Possible holdup?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Not sure about Canadian lighting regs, but do know that every printed word (labels on car, electronic display, owners manual (if supplied) -- all wording -- has to be shown or made available in French as well as English. And Quebec authorities might insist that vehicles sold there must have French "predominating" (as they define that). Possible holdup?
Yeah, but that!a just printing.

But I don't think Canada is okay with straight red turn signals on new cars like the US is.

-Crissa

OP
OP

Tommytuna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
any Cybertrucks on display in Toronto area show rooms yet? i did hear one Canadian got invited to configure a foundation series but later reported it may have been a glitch.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
any Cybertrucks on display in Toronto area show rooms yet? i did hear one Canadian got invited to configure a foundation series but later reported it may have been a glitch.
There was one on display in Vancouver. BC and Quebec get generous provincial grants so I guess tesla figures that's were the EVs will go. I hope we get rid of Ford and get the EV grant back in Ontario since the provincial and federal governments love to give money to battery plants and mandate EV ownership but not subsidize EV ownership.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Further to your last note, don't forget that Tesla converts to Canadian with any formula it decides, then adds over $1000 for delivery. To that total, Canada adds 13% taxes -- plus another 10% tax on the amount over C$100k. So I expect the C$ price for the dual to be at least $150,000.
Dual is 80k.... add 30% for exchange that's 104k.... add tax 14k that's 118k.... add luxury tax 2k that's 120k before delivery fee.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
There was one on display in Vancouver. BC and Quebec get generous provincial grants so I guess tesla figures that's were the EVs will go. I hope we get rid of Ford and get the EV grant back in Ontario since the provincial and federal governments love to give money to battery plants and mandate EV ownership but not subsidize EV ownership.
Tesla doesn't get BC grants - BC grants are a joke.
Sponsored