J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD (two), Model Y
Occupation
Oncology Biotech Exec | GOD BLESS THE USA
Country flag
Sigh…… you’re right, I’m wrong. Everyone is crashing the Tesla website trying to get a Tesla 🙄

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter to me whether Tesla or anyone else is making money off EV’s. I love them for my reason and could care less if no one else accepts them.

For some reason, some feel offended if an EV isn’t proclaimed the best thing since sliced bread.
We're getting off track... The original comment was basically just that its incorrect to say "nobody wants an EV" when clearly many do - but the narrative is more about non-tesla EV's which are losing ground (Ford, GM, etc)... Rivian perhaps a minor exception...
Sponsored

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
We're getting off track... The original comment was basically just that its incorrect to say "nobody wants an EV" when clearly many do - but the narrative is more about non-tesla EV's which are losing ground (Ford, GM, etc)... Rivian perhaps a minor exception...
Who’s comment was that?

And should we really be celebrating that other manufacturers aren’t doing well in their EV sales?

I for one don’t want every other car down the street to be a Tesla, that’s a boring life.

OP
OP

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Who’s comment was that?

And should we really be celebrating that other manufacturers aren’t doing well in their EV sales?

I for one don’t want every other car down the street to be a Tesla, that’s a boring life.
Clearly a coordinated effort to say "Nobody wants an EV"

https://fortune.com/2023/12/22/no-o...piling-weed-infested-graveyards-tesla-bmw-vw/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/09/07/nobody-wants-an-electric-vehicle/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...-electric-used-cars-are-proving-tough-to-sell

I'm moving on from this dialog. Be well.

Last edited:

OP
OP

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Did you click through and/or read those articles?
Yessir of course - some DO argue "why are people not buying them" and may be positive, but the narrative that "nobody is buying them" is the foundational premise... And clearly all the people here on this site as well as others like it are not "nobodies"

RickBush

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3,y,x
Occupation
Bussinessman
Country flag
The interest will always be there, but it’s not going to be the primary mode of transportation anytime soon, especially if Hybrids start offering the performance along with the fuel economy.

Once the charge times come down to a manageable level then EV’s will become truly dominant. Just not now.
For many charge times are irrelevant.
2017X travel less than 200 miles a day.
Used a supercharger several times in 7years. Just plug in at home and every morning we have a 80% charge.

OP
OP

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
For many charge times are irrelevant.
2017X travel less than 200 miles a day.
Used a supercharger several times in 7years. Just plug in at home and every morning we have a 80% charge.
100% agree

my clap back when people say “range is not great” is

“I HAVE A VIRTUAL FOOKIN GAS STATION IN MY GARAGE”… I leave the house as full as I want.

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
I once read that Tesla didn’t make everyone want an EV, they just made everyone want a Tesla.

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Elon is for freedom of speech only when it is of convenience to him.
Seriously?

Lemon got cancelled on X when Elon made the mistake of answering questions and admitting his drug use.

Or Musk banning high profile journalists from NYT, CNN and WaPo.

That can't be, he is for freedom of HIS speech. :rolleyes:

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I am a "news junkie" and have heard / seen so many news "hit pieces" on how
"Nobody wants to buy an EV".

Please inform the Media Bias Machin that the statement should be
"Nobody wants to buy a NON-TESLA EV"... because the big manufacturers thought they could just replace the engine with a battery pack and "call it a day".

Ahem - Model Y is THE NUMBER ONE SELLING VEHICLE IN THE WORLD... which is one of the greatest examples of the Fake News bias...

Innovations from Tesla all-around have made it impossible for old guard to compete, and THATS THE REAL STORY.

Anyone purchase an "amazing Mach-E" lately ? We all knew it would happen....
The media are informed - but they just don't want you to be informed.

I am a free thinker and much better informed, because I do my own research having stopped wasting my time on the agenda driven MSM many years ago. The media aren't worth informing.

- ÆCIII

OP
OP

CyberJay

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The media are informed - but they just don't want you to be informed.

I am a free thinker and much better informed, because I do my own research having stopped wasting my time on the agenda driven MSM many years ago. The media aren't worth informing.

- ÆCIII
You are absolutely right - I guess I'm a masochist... and am intolerant.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Yessir of course - some DO argue "why are people not buying them" and may be positive, but the narrative that "nobody is buying them" is the foundational premise... And clearly all the people here on this site as well as others like it are not "nobodies"
I think that you missed the point.

When you click on a link, you are paying that author.
If there is an article "1+1=2" then you won't get many responses, but if their is an article titled "1+3=2" then people will click on it. It's called click-bait and writers are going to write about what they get paid for (which is different from Journalists).

And because you clicked on them, they got embedded in your history, so you are going to see more of them.

You are only creating your own death-spiral.

Stop clicking on them.
Sponsored