Will Twitter be incorporated into the Cybertruck? [NOT YET LOCKED DUE TO POLITICS BUT GIVE IT TIME]

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
As a privately held company, how much free cash flow will Twitter/X eventually generate?

Elon has said it could potentially grow 10 times bigger.. sandbagging again imo.

His enemies had better start looking for cover. !
We’ll see. I’ve been using Twitter more lately and switching to using the Twitter client more than I used to, I find it frustrating that the accounts I follow and care about get drown out a bit by “recommended content” which is quite often annoying. Maybe I need to turn off some interests or something.

Anyhow… it’s not as horrible as Facebook so there is that.
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We’ll see. I’ve been using Twitter more lately and switching to using the Twitter client more than I used to, I find it frustrating that the accounts I follow and care about get drown out a bit by “recommended content” which is quite often annoying. Maybe I need to turn off some interests or something.

Anyhow… it’s not as horrible as Facebook so there is that.
Just my feedback, maybe not all users have a similar experience

More of rare lurker, just reading elon musk, booma moma, the occasional Babylon bee(before ban), Tesla stuff. My twitter experience had been a constant flood - page after page of ugly angry putdowns , bot world.

I think because of my limited browsing, and probably because I visited Babylon bee a few times, I may have received a score of death or something.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I've always been very selective of what I allow in my feed. I don't allow recommendations, I trim people who post too often, I turn of retweets and replies for most accounts I follow, and I exclusively view posts in order of posting, from the those accounts I follow. I can choose accounts that gather lots of other content if I want recommendations, or click on trending topics.

But yes, it's very easy to get overwhelmed. And currently, I'm not pushing any content to my timeline until the trolling is dealt with. I moved over that to a Mastodon instance.

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I've always been very selective of what I allow in my feed. I don't allow recommendations, I trim people who post too often, I turn of retweets and replies for most accounts I follow, and I exclusively view posts in order of posting, from the those accounts I follow. I can choose accounts that gather lots of other content if I want recommendations, or click on trending topics.

But yes, it's very easy to get overwhelmed. And currently, I'm not pushing any content to my timeline until the trolling is dealt with. I moved over that to a Mastodon instance.

-Crissa
I rarely posted, maybe 3 times in my life. The first 2 maybe to say thanks for a recipe.

The 3rd time, it was to TeslaBoomerMama, in reply to her a chart and discussion about Tesla low credit rating :

I said something like " Telsa's rating is exactly the same as Fords(it was) , this is maybe Legacy's last few strings they can pull to make them seem equal to Tesla".

The next day I was permanently suspended.

I suspected that maybe because I saw a funny article by babyon Bee and hit the follow button, I may have been on a word watch list or something.

That's it. Amazing.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

-Crissa
Until quite recently I‘ve used Tweetbot almost exclusively.

Tweetbot gives you a pure chronological order view with all of the posts from people you follow. (Also no adverts!) It’s good if you have a good list of follows, but can be a little dry if you only follow a few people.

Mostly following CTOC people and Tesla community. The Twitter client has a lot more content due to recommended tweets and surfacing likes of people I follow so it’s easier to find new people out there, but there is also a lot more junk.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I rarely posted, maybe 3 times in my life. The first 2 maybe to say thanks for a recipe.

The 3rd time, it was to TeslaBoomerMama, in reply to her a chart and discussion about Tesla low credit rating :

I said something like " Telsa's rating is exactly the same as Fords(it was) , this is maybe Legacy's last few strings they can pull to make them seem equal to Tesla".

The next day I was permanently suspended.

I suspected that maybe because I saw a funny article by babyon Bee and hit the follow button, I may have been on a word watch list or something.

That's it. Amazing.
Suspended? That sounds like your account was stolen, not suspended.

Suspensions are usually accompanied by a flagged post, and a time period. Usually you're allowed to delete it and come back. My spouse has uhh... been intemperate or sarcastic and gotten suspended a few times.

If you got clipped in a bot suspension - botfarmers often stole accounts and mass-liked posts - they wouldn't say why.

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I can log in, my profile is there, I just can't do anything. They turned me into a professional lurker :D

I have appealed, and have a case number. I heard nothing from them for months, so I have resubmitted my appeal only to get 'it seems you have a case number already, your recent inquiry has been added to it'.

I just use bookmarks now to quickly jump to my 'follows.' I miss my email updates.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Sure, I have used Twitter to send out reports of fallen trees and road closures, but...

...If it's a mess of harmful trolls and misinformation, it's not useful for that anymore.

-Crissa
And like it's not enough that Tesla's reputation is being dragged down to the gutter by Elon's mis-steps on Twitter.

Though it might be useful channeling your road rage into hateful tweet. Or vice versa, keeping everyone confused about misinformation about road conditions in your route. :eek:
Sponsored