Will you use Cybertruck as a daily driver? What are you trading in?

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
You won't get it? Like, good on you for making so much money?

-Crissa
I mean the used car EV tax credit which I imagine is based on the income of the buyer. From what I read it only applies to used cars under $25K. I wasn't referring to the tax credit I may or may not receive on the purchase of the truck.
Sponsored

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Yes, the CT will be my daily driver. I just completed a major engine reseal and AC repair on my current daily. It's a 2006 but runs strong and will hopefully last until my Cybertruck number is called. I won't trade it in though; I'll likely keep it for my daughter to drive.
Tesla Cybertruck Will you use Cybertruck as a daily driver? What are you trading in? 20221119_155812

Tesla Cybertruck Will you use Cybertruck as a daily driver? What are you trading in? 20221008_141400

Tesla Cybertruck Will you use Cybertruck as a daily driver? What are you trading in? 20221105_120352

Last edited:

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I've always liked the Dodge Magnum. I'm not even sure why.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Wow, I’ve never heard of someone rebuilding an AC compressor. I’ve always considered the AC compressor something you replace when it’s bad.

A few years ago I decided I should rebuild the carburetor on my snow blower. I spent a few hours on YouTube learning how to do it. Determine what parts I need etc. I went to buy the parts and found a brand new complete carburetor was $16. I bought 3.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I've always liked the Dodge Magnum. I'm not even sure why.
Is it nostalgia? Do you remember a time before SUV's were the family car? Before minivans took over school drop off areas? Did your mom volunteer to drive you and your classmates to a field trip in a beige 1976 Chevy Impala Station Wagon?

Tesla Cybertruck Will you use Cybertruck as a daily driver? What are you trading in? 1670509796603

(Not my pic, found via Google)

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Is it nostalgia? Do you remember a time before SUV's were the family car? Before minivans took over school drop off areas? Did your mom volunteer to drive you and your classmates to a field trip in a beige 1976 Chevy Impala Station Wagon?

1670509796603.jpeg

(Not my pic, found via Google)
We never owned anything like that. My first memories of our family cars were of my dad driving a blue Chevy pickup and my mom drove an AMC Pacer. I'm sure we had some vehicles between, but my next memory of family cars is a Ford Astro van, and a Ford Ranger. It was around that time that I got my first vehicle (2 door Cherokee) and I stopped caring what they were driving.

With the Magnum; I think it's that I like sleeper vehicles. Those cars that you don't really think about as being fast or that have some sort of hidden talent. So I guess a mid 300hp station wagon meets that "like" of mine. Show me a nice used Magnum SRT and I might not be able to say no.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
We had a AMC Pacer and a CItroen Station wagon.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
With the Magnum; I think it's that I like sleeper vehicles. Those cars that you don't really think about as being fast or that have some sort of hidden talent. So I guess a mid 300hp station wagon meets that "like" of mine. Show me a nice used Magnum SRT and I might not be able to say no.
Agreed. I liked the impressive power, interior cabin space, and outsized cargo volume / utility that was wrapped in a hot rod wagon skin. It was a vehicle that stood out in a sea of look-alike SUV's, especially nowadays. One time I beat a GTO while loaded with 2x4's and other supplies. Thankfully, the other driver couldn't see that it was loaded as such.
The Cybertruck was the first vehicle that came along that would replace those features with the addition of towing.

It's so ugly ^-^

-Crissa
As every Cybertruck reservation holder knows, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Wow, I’ve never heard of someone rebuilding an AC compressor. I’ve always considered the AC compressor something you replace when it’s bad.

A few years ago I decided I should rebuild the carburetor on my snow blower. I spent a few hours on YouTube learning how to do it. Determine what parts I need etc. I went to buy the parts and found a brand new complete carburetor was $16. I bought 3.
Thank you. Yeah, I replaced this compressor in 2018 due to internal failure (not worth rebuilding), and since then it blew its front seal, which was my fault for overcharging the system. The seal was $16, versus buying another genuine Denso compressor for ~$400, so it was worth the effort. I also rebuilt the AC compressor on my Delorean, as it was a date coded unit (and therefore hard to replace). That one has been running strong for 7 years.

To your point, I do research as well to avoid wasting my time rebuilding to save very little.

Last edited:

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Trading in a 2023 Ford Lightning that will be in hand this Jan. and my Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag

bdmridgeback

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevy Traverse, BDM Ridgeback, Ford Transit Connect
Occupation
Business Owner/Manager
Country flag
I leased a Silverado Trail Boss and hoping CT will be available to me by time lease is up in another 2 years. I'll be daily driving mine for sure. I'm going to lower it and put street tires/wheels on it.

Haopec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P100d, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
First post, been lurking for a while.
Yep, It will be my daily driver, and I'll be trading in my R1T which will probably have 15K+ miles on it by end of next summer (fingers crossed).
Sponsored