Will you use Cybertruck as a daily driver? What are you trading in?

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
Definitely a daily driver, will replace the 2013 Leaf (or it's replacement, probably a couple years until my CT reservation comes up). I will keep the 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab for long distance towing, but it will basically sit for most of the year.
Sponsored

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'92 Jeep Wrangler and 22ā€™ Model Y
Occupation
Retired young/Business Owner
Country flag
Haven't read anyone else's post yet but...

2014 Ford Escape Titanium with 140,000 miles.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:......?

Just did the trade in on the website and I'll currently get $4,400.... nice? lol

Mr.Dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
How accurate is the Tesla trade-in value system? Will they adjust their estimate based on condition and rust?

I just submitted the VIN for my rusty old 2005 Silverado and their trade-in value is about 3.5x higher than I paid for the truck 4 years ago.

Last edited:

MestizoGris

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 and 3 bicycles
Occupation
Retired Energy Engineer
Country flag
I'm excited to see these trucks start rolling around the streets. I plan to daily drive mine, however many of my students were surprised that this was going to be my primary vehicle.

I'll be trading in my 2018 VW Atlas and going all in, driving it daily. What is your plan?
I should be retired by the time we get our CT, so the idea is to sell our Model 3 and Subaru and this will become our single daily? driver vehicle. We will live in the mountains so need something with better ground clearance than the model 3 in the winter, although it handles icy roads fine.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Projected daily driver for 5 years and secondary vehicle afterwards.

if the projected battery life and motor life is 50% of the promised lifespan, I plan on keeping the vehicle as a secondary until I croak.

caveat: barring accidents and new unbelievable technology changing my mind to punt the vehicle in the future.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm excited to see these trucks start rolling around the streets. I plan to daily drive mine, however many of my students were surprised that this was going to be my primary vehicle.

I'll be trading in my 2018 VW Atlas and going all in, driving it daily. What is your plan?
Sell my 06 Tacoma Truck and drive my CT until the wheels fall off! My wife had threatened to make me sell my Winnebago!

TirNaOg

First Name
Deasun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Country flag
Daily driver, YESSSSSSS!
No trade in :( Was gona trade in my expedition but it died a year ago.
Ended up replacing with a Kia Niro. First EV and a bloody great car.
But I want my CT!!!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
This will be my daily driver and I am currently driving a 2022 Model Y AWLR. We will be trading in a 2019 Model 3 AWLR and the wife will get the Model Y.

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Why wouldnā€™t you daily drive the CT unless you canā€™t find parking.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Definitely daily driver for me. Trading in my Porsche Cayenne S. I am Porsche fan but had some issues with this particular one and really wanted to drive EV despite the fact that I have to tow the RV here and there. Porsche EV will be way to expensive for a while and towing will not be in sight. I am ready to turn the page and jump on the Tesla band wagon. Reliability issues do scare me a bit though. It is an EV with half of the parts of the typical gasoline engine yet Tesla does have some issues with quality.
2 1/2 years with our Model Y and zero issues. There are good stories out there. šŸ˜€

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
My 2018 F150 is going to be sold and I'm getting a 2023 Maverick Hybrid to bridge the gap. If I can convince my daughter (she's the youngest of 4) the Maverick is okay, we may keep it for her. If not, I'll sell it. I'll drive the CT daily.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Why wouldnā€™t you daily drive the CT unless you canā€™t find parking.
Because my motorcycle uses a quarter the energy and is more fun?

I don't know why you'd keep a Y if you had an AWD 3, tho. The Cybertruck will do all the big box stuff as good at the Y, might as well optimize for the differences.

-Crissa

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Why wouldnā€™t you daily drive the CT
Because my motorcycle uses a quarter the energy and is more fun?

I don't know why you'd keep a Y if you had an AWD 3, tho. The Cybertruck will do all the big box stuff as good at the Y, might as well optimize for the differences.

-Crissa

To each their own, but I canā€™t afford a MY and M3 and CT for each occasion. šŸ„¹

My dad put it to me this way long long time ago when I wanted to ride motorcycle: with cars you got steel around you and with motorcycles the you got you around the steel. Looking back Iā€™m very happy that i reluctantly listened to him.
Sponsored