Would you rather have a 6th seat or 5 seats with more storage?

Would rather have a 6th seat or 5 seats with more storage?

• Total voters

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
110% the 6 seater version. This is one of the many reasons I think this vehicle is perfect. 5 seats just isn't enough for me. I have a wife and 2 kids, and any additional passengers usually come in 2's. A friend couple. One of the sets of grandparents. 90% of the time the seat will be down, and that "console" looks bigger than my current car, with 3 cupholders. And the two front seats look great. So no compromise. But having that 6th seat in a pinch is super handy and eliminates the need for a 7 seat crossover or whatever.
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
110% the 6 seater version. This is one of the many reasons I think this vehicle is perfect. 5 seats just isn't enough for me. I have a wife and 2 kids, and any additional passengers usually come in 2's. A friend couple. One of the sets of grandparents. 90% of the time the seat will be down, and that "console" looks bigger than my current car, with 3 cupholders. And the two front seats look great. So no compromise. But having that 6th seat in a pinch is super handy and eliminates the need for a 7 seat crossover or whatever.
It also becomes a 20 seater with the bed cover closed if you don't care too much about your friends.

Kletust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I'm fine with the 6 seat but if would be awesome if they did it they way they did my old dodge ram. The center seat bottom cushion would fold up with a compartment beneath and there was also a compartment in the seat back. The wide seat back folded down made an awesome arm rest. They actually offered me a better deal on the 5 seat version but I liked the 6 seat layout much better because it had better storage.

Kletust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Give me a Tesla Minivan with about 8,000 lb towing and I'd be in.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I've never liked minivans. I'm not one of those people that just hates the look of them (which I do), but I just think a minivan isn't that great in the first place. The only reason I would ever even consider a minivan is if I needed to transport a lot of people and couldn't afford a similar SUV. I actually just googled pros of a minivan to see if I was missing something and I loved the last 'pro' of the first link which was "you don't have to own it forever".

I believe that everything a minivan can do; a Truck or an SUV can do it better while still giving you 6-8 seats and plenty of storage space.

Not hating on people that like minivans. If someone with a minivan reads this, I'm glad you like your vehicle, this is just my opinion. Kind of like a lot of people I drive past will think my Cybertruck looks stupid...but their just jealous.

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
This poll is shaping up to be pretty fascinating. I didn't expect a pretty much even split like this when it started out. I chose 5 and storage based on my situation.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
This poll is shaping up to be pretty fascinating. I didn't expect a pretty much even split like this when it started out. I chose 5 and storage based on my situation.

Yeah I was actually thinking the 5 seater would be in a huge lead. I didn't think so many people wanted the option of a 6th seat.

I think a huge factor about it is that this vehicle is a jack of all trades sort of vehicle. It's big, strong, and fast; I'm replacing my casual driving vehicle and my offroad vehicle with just the Cybertruck. If the Cybertruck was just another truck, I would probably take the 5 seat option because I would be using it for truck things. I like the option for 6 seats for when I have kids and i'm even planning on using the 6th seat before that for taking my neice and nephew and any of their friends around when I visit. I can't think of any vehicle that is better at doing just about everything, which will also eventually include driving itself.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
yeah that's another reason why I don't think I would opt for a 5 seater. Sure a 5 seater might have a bit nicer of a console between the seats, but I already like the nice big space under the screen for leg room. The seats are also heated so it's possible that they'll have phone charging and everything in the back of the middle seat, although i'm still hoping for a sliding console that comes out like a middle glove box for storage and charging.

Another reason I like the 6 seater is for the future of Full Self Driving. Think about every other Tesla, when we reach level 4 automation and actually don't have to pay attention while the car is driving, even if it's a long time away, the other Teslas are comfy but they don't give a lot of options for relaxing in the front. With the Cybertruck you could at least kick your shoes off and put your legs up across the front seats if you are alone.
Sponsored