Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I want to see the CT out doing things they claim it can, even a crap manufacturer Rivian showed off how it worked and went to events to demonstrate its abilities, and let people crawl all over them.
And look how that turned out. A whole bunch of people got enamored by the Rivian, thought it was the bees knees, and purchased it. Now it turns out that some of the very iconic features have turned out to be poorly designed and are causing recalls. And the production line has not been able to ramp up significantly so they continue to lose money instead of being able to capitalize on the initial love from the community.

Generally I think they had the right intention. But in all that time of off-road driving scenarios (wasn't there even a TV show where the Rivian was used as support vehicles for a motorcycle trek through the mountains of South America?) they didn't realize that the motorized tonneau was going to break? And I get that they wanted to get the truck out there before the Cybertruck or Ford Lightning. But they let people see and play with things like the camp kitchen but have yet to ship it to customers so now there are a number of disappointed customers talking about this disappointment.

Personally, instead of the Rivian model, I like what Tesla is doing so far with the CT. We get occasional teasers to keep our hopes up but it seems that behind the scenes, they have been continually improving (though some might find some "improved" features to be unwanted) the product and working on how the production line would be able to get many shipping examples out the door ASAP.
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I checked every single clock in my house, none have "13"
If any are digital, there is a decent chance that they do have a "13". In many cases there is a button for that on the back.
But that 13 is in the exact same position as the 12, 11, 10, etc.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
I checked every single clock in my house, none have "13"
When I was in Japan, I would routinely come across stores that claimed to be open till 25:00.
I don't think they really get the whole 24 hour clock system.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Rivian don't have a kitchen yet?

The delay to me after all this time, just shows they treated their customers and promises with disdain.

The Tonneau, that's another story, I saw the Vid.. what a farce. All things combined just goes to highlight competitor limitations.

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!"

The kitchen sink gets thrown at Tesla, and yet, Telsa keeps exceeding expectations.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Some people like buttons.

I wouldn’t mind one for the glove box myself. One in the back so my passengers can turn on their heated seats…

No. Not buying them, but I can see the appeal.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I’d imagine they’ll still offer yoke or wheel option since they started offering the choice on X and S. I was going to go for the yoke anyways but I think offering the choice is the way to go.

And thank you @Administrator for adding all those time stamps. 👍
Let's assume that Tesla engineers know what they're doing. And that the CT yoke will not have to be rotated so much that drivers wish it were round. Then I predict that most CT drivers, once used to the yoke, will prefer it.

VC-WA-CT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Sienna, Plan to buy Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired Teacher
Country flag
Personally, instead of the Rivian model, I like what Tesla is doing so far with the CT. We get occasional teasers to keep our hopes up but it seems that behind the scenes, they have been continually improving (though some might find some "improved" features to be unwanted) the product and working on how the production line would be able to get many shipping examples out the door ASAP.
As Elon has said many times "Prototypes are easy; production lines are hard."

HansonCT

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT dual
Occupation
Catv network engineer
Country flag
And I’m the opposite, 4 wheel steering is a game changer for me, drive-by-wire I can do without but if it really won’t have an option to choose the type of steering (yoke vs steering wheel) then drive-by-wire is a must.
I remember seeing that regular steering wheel upgrades for those who currently have yoke are sold out.. I can deal with the new yoke that's flat on top, but the yoke I'm no fan of and hope there would be an option for CT..
Just my two cents
Sponsored