Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Now, here it is 2020 July and the CyberTrucks are not due out till next year. By the time the CyberTrucks are in full production Full Self driving should be ready according to Elon. So if we have the new, new (rumored) 3650 mile batteries next year Couldn't we simply "Summon" our new car from the factory to be delivered to our residence no matter where we live in the US??? Now wouldn't that be awesome?
Sponsored

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Once FSD comes to being this may be an option.....and a cool one LOL

the only issue i could see would be range. If the car would have to charge between your place and the starting point. For example, i live about 3 hours away from a tesla service center.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I don't know what that has to do with delivery but it would be a great idea to have an attendant at the SC whose function it would be to move your car from a charging stall to a regular parking place once charging was complete so we could indeed sit down for dinner whilst charging and not have to worry about idle fees.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Now, here it is 2020 July and the CyberTrucks are not due out till next year. By the time the CyberTrucks are in full production Full Self driving should be ready according to Elon. So if we have the new, new (rumored) 3650 mile batteries next year Couldn't we simply "Summon" our new car from the factory to be delivered to our residence no matter where we live in the US??? Now wouldn't that be awesome?
Interesting idea but I would rather drive my new truck home the first time thank you very much. I could just see someone hacking it and never seeing my truck at all, or the FSD not working properly. I think that the autopilot is coming along well but I am not ready for the driverless tank scenario, even in 2 years.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I don't know what that has to do with delivery but it would be a great idea to have an attendant at the SC whose function it would be to move your car from a charging stall to a regular parking place once charging was complete so we could indeed sit down for dinner whilst charging and not have to worry about idle fees.
if only SC could retract their own cables and the vehicles could eject their charging cables when fully charged and then FSD to a parking spot to await you to summon them.

Shinobi_brian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Senior Finance Manager
Country flag
Unfortunately for those of us that live in Europe that won’t be helpful. Although from the docks would be good

OP
OP

Questor3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
if only SC could retract their own cables and the vehicles could eject their charging cables when fully charged and then FSD to a parking spot to await you to summon them.
I saw that exactly done in a video which is very cool. I wish I could locate that vid...

Cybertruck Turner

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Mustang, 1966 Mustang, 1978 Jeep CJ5, 1988 Jeep YJ, 1989 Jeep yj, 2013 F150 Lariat, 1996 Geo Prism
Occupation
Retired Air Traffic Controller
Country flag
If the "Roomba Vacuum" can navigate to a charger on its own, I would think that Elon could find a way for his EV's to do the same if the vehicles and chargers had compatible connections.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I saw that exactly done in a video which is very cool. I wish I could locate that vid...
You are talking about that SNAKE charger, aren't you? That would be quite feasible, you'd think. It could remain hidden until a Tesla is detected in the spot stopped at which point, it could come out and connect.

Tesla Cybertruck About Delivery teslacharger

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
Unfortunately for those of us that live in Europe that won’t be helpful. Although from the docks would be good
What? They float don’t they? You know, Elon bought the submarine Lotus from “The Spy Who Loved Me” - Maybe that was his prototype?

As for the charging attendant, they would on;y need to plug the car in and unplug it when done. This could be a job for a courier or a commuter, they could get an alert while they were traveling to let them know where they need to go to meet a car for charging or unplugging.
heck, maybe an app to let us owners know this to give each other a hand in this task?maybe it could confirm the charge was started of stopped and charge the vehicle account for some amount of charging credited to the “helper’s“ account?
Ok, I also want to drive my truck, but it is a neat idea, having the car deliver itself.

timjwright2.0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
Elon recently said that "self charging will be an easy problem to solve". I'm guessing he already has the answer!
Sponsored