Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder if the preorders will reach 1 million before the Terafactory/Gigafactory Austin is completed ?

Tesla Analyst Estimates 'Staggering' 650K Cybertruck Preorders

Via: Benzinga

Tesla Analyst Estimates 'Staggering' 650K Cybertruck Preorders

June 22, 2020

One of the biggest potential catalysts for Tesla Inc in the next couple of years is the Cybertruck, and one analyst said on Monday he's cautiously optimistic Tesla’s first truck will be a big hit.

The Tesla Analyst: Wedbush analyst Daniel Ives reiterated his Neutral rating and $1,000 price target for Tesla.

The Tesla Thesis: Ives said the Cybertruck appears to be gaining momentum ahead of a 2021 or 2022 launch.

“We estimate that pre-order levels are staggering coming out of the gates since announced last year and currently stand north of 650k based on our estimate with momentum building for this latest Musk brainchild,” Ives wrote in a note.

Given initial demand for the Cybertruck appears significant, Ives said the next big news from the company regarding the Cybertruck could be the location for the Cybertruck factory. Ives said Austin, Texas and Tulsa, Oklahoma appear to be frontrunners at this point.
I preordered my CT on6/17/20 and calculated my order to be 803,711 in line. I checked the spread sheet today (7/27/20) and my reservation doesn’t exist yet. This means Tesla has many more orders than previously disclosed!
Sponsored

59sjordan

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 M3LR White on White, CyberTruck Reservation
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Country flag
I preordered my CT on6/17/20 and calculated my order to be 803,711 in line. I checked the spread sheet today (7/27/20) and my reservation doesn’t exist yet. This means Tesla has many more orders than previously disclosed!
Rodger, have you entered your order info into the spreadsheet?

OP
OP
TruckElectric

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm guessing that orders will be over a million buy the time the Terafactory is complete and rolling Cybertrucks off the assembly line.

There may be a surprise(or several) coming when the Cybertruck makes it's cross country trek.

I'm also guessing that the trek will be after Battery Day and the range will be nothing short of astounding or even shocking to some.

All the other auto companies that are making or going to make EV's will be just as interested(if not more so) than the Cybertruck and EV fans.

Last edited:

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Not sure how official the spreadsheet is, because I'm not on it either. But I did get a next-day automated reply from Tesla confirming that they have my CT order, and I think that's what counts.

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
Not sure how official the spreadsheet is, because I'm not on it either. But I did get a next-day automated reply from Tesla confirming that they have my CT order, and I think that's what counts.
You have to enter your reservation in the spreadsheet. It’s not official and does not auto populate.

Turtle

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Me also, and they took my $100!
Sponsored