Cybertruck Tire Size Options What Do You Choose?

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
Cybertruck rolled out on stage with 35" tires made by Goodyear. At this time that particular tire is not
in production with the special spoke moulding on the side wall. What rim and tires sizes would you like to
see as a option? The rim size is not mentioned so this is my best guess.
35 12.5 r 20. My choice would be a 35 12.5 r 18 and if bigger rims are used 35 12.5 r 22.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I really like the set up on the prototype, but maybe less knobby. Wider tires mean more drag and friction. no1 really knows how wide the wheel wells are so larger diameter tires might look better but with the air adjustability I think issues with rubbing will happen. It would be cool if someone added tires as an option on the CT visualizer thing.

OP
OP
TI4Dan

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Country flag
The Cybertruck is rated for 3500 ibs payload in the bed, This tire size has E or F load rating which enables the rated capacity, I think the dual motor has a 690 hp and the tri motor is 800 hp it requires a tire that can handle the load and power. For me I would like the tires on a 18" rim for more side wall, this will help with ride quality for bad roads. 35 inch tires have a potential to last longer ( less wheel revolutions per mile ) which would not hurt my pocket book so much. Tires in that classification are spendy.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Steel wheels were the base on every car I've ever owned (tho I put them on my second to last, and got the optional ones on my most recent car.

For me I would like the tires on a 18" rim for more side wall, this will help with ride quality for bad roads.
Yeah, function before form, at least for wheels, I think.

-Crissa

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Currently have 35x12.5x20 on my GMC 2500 - Nitto terra grappler g2 f load range - great load capacity; first set lasted 55k miles; very quiet for what they are....so possible to get good tires in that size if that's what the OEM rims/sizing is

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I was hoping for 17" rim diameter, as above that they get expensive.

I currently run Yokohama Geolander A/T on my Subaru and really like them for a long lasting do most things tire (that is predominantly on the road). I did take a small hit to MPG with them, about 1 to 2 MPG, dropping my average from 30 to 28-29. On long highway trips, still get 30 or higher.

MO Truck

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01 Dodge, 19 gmc, 3 motor CT on order
Country flag
I hope the Tesla engineers pay attention to this part of the CT. With the weight of the truck and its capabilities the tires need to be able to handle it. And with big tires where’s the spare? in some flat tire happenings you have to install the spare!

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I hope the Tesla engineers pay attention to this part of the CT. With the weight of the truck and its capabilities the tires need to be able to handle it. And with big tires where’s the spare? in some flat tire happenings you have to install the spare!
There is at least one thread about spare and the lack there off. I plan on buying a spare before doing any serious offroad adventures. :)

OP
OP
TI4Dan

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
There is at least one thread about spare and the lack there off. I plan on buying a spare before doing any serious offroad adventures. :)
I was a boy scout long ago and the motto is "be prepared", I was in the Sierra Nevada mountains about 30 miles off on a dirt trail when I heard the tire let go. I had a good spare and it got me out to a car/truck tire shop where I did not know of it before. My tire was beyond repair. They showed the only tire in stock to replace it, he led me out back where on a rack in the weather it was stored securely. He gave the price which I had no choice of course and I asked him if there was an extra charge for the nail that was sticking through it, He laughed a little nervously and said that the reapair was free of charge.....I jumped at the only deal in the middle of nowhere. I still have on my Landrover as a spare and that was a very long time ago. If CT truck has no full size spare it would be on the top of my list as required gear before ever thinking of hitting the trail, Amen and pass the lug wrench.
Sponsored