Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Hatchback
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I should also be explicit about some possible side effects.

• There may be some holes in the numbering sequence that do not correspond to any order of any vehicle.
  • Like the example above, there may be orders placed that get numbered out of order. So its possible to place a later order but still get a lower sequence number.
  • If there are holes in the sequencing, it is rare but sometimes a system will go back and fill those holes at a later time.
  • As has been mentioned multiple times in the past, the current sequencing number system appears to be shared with other Tesla model lines. So to at least some extent, the numbering system cannot be relied on to get anything resembling an accurate count of CyberTruck orders.
  • Also, it may be that the numbering system used for online orders is/isn't shared with orders made at Tesla show rooms, sales phone calls, fleet orders, or other possible ordering mechanisms.
  • It is possible that a single order might have been made for more than a single vehicle. The ordering website seems to limit each CyberTruck order to a single vehicle. But especially for fleet sales there may be a way to order multiple of the same vehicle on a single order.
Given the above possibilities (and probably some more) it would be pointless to compare 2 order numbers and make any serious conclusions about the order in which they might be filled. Especially if the numbers are somewhat close.

And this doesn't even take into consideration any of the ways that Tesla might prioritize the actual production and shipping of orders.

But in typical childishness.... Is mine bigger than yours?
Or the fact that the CT will have basically its own factory, or that that factory isn't even completed yet. I'm mostly concerned with savings timelines, and I'm expecting about 2+ years for me at this point since I ordered so late.
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Or the fact that the CT will have basically its own factory, or that that factory isn't even completed yet. I'm mostly concerned with savings timelines, and I'm expecting about 2+ years for me at this point since I ordered so late.
Ahhh yes. The real clock for any of us doesn’t really start till the first CT comes off the production line.

SpaceDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Kia Sportage PHEV... 2025+ GMC Denali EV
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
I bet this has been stated before in this thread, but I don’t have the patience to sift through 35 pages... ?

If the tri-motor is being produced first, and you put a deposit down for a tri-motor, then you might expect to get yours sooner than would be indicated by your order number alone.

Plus a fair number of people that put a deposit down will not want or be able to afford it when the time comes.

So I am hopeful that I’ll get mine sooner than number 271,000th in line. LOL! ?

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I bet this has been stated before in this thread, but I don’t have the patience to sift through 35 pages... ?

If the tri-motor is being produced first, and you put a deposit down for a tri-motor, then you might expect to get yours sooner than would be indicated by your order number alone.

Plus a fair number of people that put a deposit down will not want or be able to afford it when the time comes.

Correct. More so if you have selected FSD as standard as well as you fall within the geographical location where they plan to download most of theirs trucks first. It has been their history that people who pay the most get the goods first. But again, you are paying more upfront for stuff that may end up being low cost standard in the future. FSD may be an exception, since it's price keeps going up regardless.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

112890192 for me....so I'm around 146k in line, however with the Trimotor and dual % of orders, I'm guessing 120k tri and dual , so about 60k tri and 60k dual, with tri coming first...... the reservation tracker had my delivery guess for July '22.

kati-patang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ct
Country flag
RN112744929. seems i get mine in dec 2021 :) 725th in line. had 3 reservations because i kept pressing submit button. cancelled the other two(RN112762869 and RN112798859) later.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
RN112744929. seems i get mine in dec 2021 :) 725th in line. had 3 reservations because i kept pressing submit button. cancelled the other two(RN112762869 and RN112798859) later.

In retrospect, do you wish you had kept all three reservations?

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
I ordered on about 7th January 2020 - trimotor with FSD, USA order.
It seems with order # RN113210631 I am about 466,507 on the list!
However they said they are doing 3 motor first so that means all the single motor orders can be moved behind me. What about the orders placed in front of me from Timbuctoo and outer Mongolia? Are they going to be delivered strictly in order of reservation?
I hardly think so??
Then of course there are the drop outs.
My point is that being 466,507 on the reservation list is probably no where near to the reality of when I will actually get my Cybertruck.

Cymerax

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S40, ordered Cybertruck dual-motor AWD
Country flag
I live near Gigafactory Austin, ordered the tri-motor FSD with order 1128XXXXX. Here's hoping I am damn-near at the front of the line.
Cool beans ;?D must be nice being that close (hell I'd start looking for a job there even ;?). Still, I'm not so sure being at the front of the line is necessarily a good thing - when you look at most early versions of any of the Tesla models, they tended to have the most issues, although they did tend to be small problems like fitment and paint (of which there will be ZERO probs with the CT).

Plus Tesla may be getting better at this with each model, but I'd still like to see at least 25k-50k roll off the assembly line so they can work out any bugs.

My preorder puts me at around #51,500ish, and since there's sure to be a fair number of cancelations due to some eyes being bigger than wallets, lol, maybe I'll be around forty-some thousand which would be about right ;?)

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
Cool beans ;?D must be nice being that close (hell I'd start looking for a job there even ;?). Still, I'm not so sure being at the front of the line is necessarily a good thing - when you look at most early versions of any of the Tesla models, they tended to have the most issues, although they did tend to be small problems like fitment and paint (of which there will be ZERO probs with the CT).

Plus Tesla may be getting better at this with each model, but I'd still like to see at least 25k-50k roll off the assembly line so they can work out any bugs.

My preorder puts me at around #51,500ish, and since there's sure to be a fair number of cancelations due to some eyes being bigger than wallets, lol, maybe I'll be around forty-some thousand which would be about right ;?)
My 2 cents worth - My guess is you are not more than 20,000. Middle of 2022.

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
All this is silly, because since they are being manufactured in batches (trimotor, dual motor, then single motor)... none of this really matters. All you will know is where in general you'll be in either of the 3 batches. I know I'm toward the end of the trimotor run. That's good for me, as Elon said, you don't want to be in the ramp-up timeframe, as quality can suffer. Best wishes for all

SoCalSteve

First Name
SoCalSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Exige, Mark VIII, Countryman, Rune, X (Ultra Red)
Occupation
Industrial & Systems Engineer
Country flag
I thought I got my preorder in pretty early, but it looks like I'm still in the 288k-th in line. I ordered the tri-motor and FSD option. I'm guessing it'll be a year before delivery.
Sponsored