What percentage of pre-orders will actually buy?

Shumby

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (ordered), Nissan GTR, Nissan 370Z nismo, Infiniti FX50S, Dodge Dakota
Occupation
Sr. Maintance Engineer
Country flag
So we are all looking at our place in line with our RN numbers. But really what % of people are going to actually buy it to you think?
Sponsored

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
Well, many people placed multiple orders either because the website misfired or they were undecided on the model. Some may back out otherwise but many more have piled on so I'm guessing 25% will back out. That's just basics of how you guess unknown statistics..........to get in the ballpark..........you know, 20s, 50s, 70s..........

K Doc Brown 007

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion & 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
Well, many people placed multiple orders either because the website misfired or they were undecided on the model. Some may back out otherwise but many more have piled on so I'm guessing 25% will back out. That's just basics of how you guess unknown statistics..........to get in the ballpark..........you know, 20s, 50s, 70s..........
I’d agree, but give it a range... 20-33% will back out for various reasons (change of interest, multiple order, financing, life, spouse issue, etc...)

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
On the other hand, will we ever know? Unless it is a very small (under 10 percent) attrition rate, I don't think Tesla will ever release the real number.

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
I would imagine its more like 75% of the pre-orders will not turn into immediate orders. Refundable $100 is a very low bar. And as mentioned, many people reserved one of each configuration, or a couple for their friends.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The CT is a specialty truck. I am not even sure it's feasibly street legal yet. The entry bars are cheap, but after that, In the end my decision will be determined by alot of personal choices like whether to finance it, choosing a more proven SUV vs the prototype CT, and so on. I'll likely give up the preorder (70%). I agree with Keeney's similar estimate.

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
It doesn't really matter if the final number is 25% or 75% of the initial orders that don't pan out, although it will be 25%. Either way for the first few years of production people are going to be waiting in line to actually get a Cybertruck. That's been the history of new Tesla lines and will be even more so for this truck. Other lines have not generated the same numbers of interest from non-Tesla owners. The Model 3 cranked those numbers up but the Cybertruck even more.

Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Around 50 % of the reservations will be fulfilled. Some maybe very late due to waiting for the right trim and model. Others do not do reservations. They order when a CT is available. Normally I am such a person. I made a reservation to make a statement. Like 'We want CT in Europe too'.

rharl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cyber truck tri motor
Occupation
insurance
Country flag
I will say i was a little on the fence when i made my reservation. The Cybertruck was interesting and would be my first EV. I put the 100 bucks down because why not.I have since then gotten more and more excited. I have now done more research into Tesla. I am sold. The CT is now for sure going to be mine as long as the specs and design end up close which i think they will. I am considering other EV vehicles for the future as well. It is really how much the design was led by function. How the truck was designed w manufacturing it efficiently as a primary directive. How it is going to be truly special in the history of vehicles. If this truck comes out like we think it will then for generations this vehicle will be studied as when car design and manufacturing changed. It is like Must is finishing the original ideas and legacy of John Z Delorean.
So all this means unless the truck changes from the concept i am in for sure .

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
33% ?

Put me down for $100.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3, LR AWD Cybertruck on order, 2020 Suburu Outback XT Limited
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will go with 30%, as many ordered multiple configurations since they were "undecided" at the time of reveal. In two years, we will also know more about the Cybertruck, as well as Rivian and other competitor's products. These things, along with some also experiencing financial changes by then (e.g., job changes, divorce, bought a house, etc.) will drive a lower than expected conversion rate of the "original" 350,000 RNs.

Bobbymoore62

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Deposit, 2022 Model Y
Occupation
MFG Engineer
Country flag
Im sold as well. The more I see the more I cannot wait to get. I have never owned an EV either. Looking forward to starting out with the best.

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Probably 50% will back out.

Perfectly balanced as all pre-orders should be.
Sponsored