Mustang Mach-E Real World Range (Big problem)

cyberpays

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
northviewhomeowner.wixsite.com
Vehicles
CT Duel 69 vette all original(for sale)2019 RAM PU
Occupation
Retire software/life safety sales
Country flag
Spot on my friend....what do you think the cybertruck duel would be with a 6k trailer? half the range?
Maybe 150 miles flat surfaces until plugin needed to a big Sequoia tree charger out there?
Sponsored

jhciv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid Cybertruck; First Production Model 3
Country flag
The Mach E's range has been quite impressive in real world tests. Despite the shorter rating, it actually outlasted a Model Y in an apples-to-apples comparison (see Alex on Auto's video).

Edited to add: It does have a 25%-ish bigger battery pack than the Tesla, so it's clearly less efficient, but still a solid first effort at a BEV from the blue oval IMHO.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Edited to add: It does have a 25%-ish bigger battery pack than the Tesla, so it's clearly less efficient, but still a solid first effort at a BEV from the blue oval IMHO.
Yeah, once you start needing to recharge, that will start counting against your overall distance-per-day.

Not to mention, up front cost.

-Crissa

OP
OP

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
Update! These are from my area, middle tennessee, it’s not winter, still massively unimpressive range. One car is at 99% charged, only 14 miles on the OD, and it’s the 300 mile “long range” RWD version and it shows 204 range. They are all the large pack premium trim ones. Me thinks F150 lightening buyers will not find this acceptable if they don’t find a way to improve their real world range figures.
Tesla Cybertruck Mustang Mach-E Real World Range (Big problem) CF28B2A3-00D5-4892-BC66-9DE42BB16714

Tesla Cybertruck Mustang Mach-E Real World Range (Big problem) 80CB2490-9452-4805-B7BB-E540BCC74E53

Tesla Cybertruck Mustang Mach-E Real World Range (Big problem) EC76EFBE-03D1-484E-93B1-1405D9C039CF

Tesla Cybertruck Mustang Mach-E Real World Range (Big problem) A01D89F8-F3C1-46B0-BD24-068B6B5BA980

Bud

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Could it be that Ford, in a hurry to beat other Big Three car manufacturers, put out an abomination that just won't work in the real world? I mean, come on, I don't care how the last guy drove, if I'm driving an electric Mustang, and have 93% battery, I'm not gonna be happy about a range of 127 miles. Back to the drawing board, boys.
Won't take long for the facts to come out.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
That's definitely something they will need to resolve before the Lightning starts being delivered. anyone who buys a work truck and loses a third of their range before adding weight to the bed or attaching a trailer will be looking to return pretty fast.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The information feels too preliminary for actual results. Suggest a touch of patience before we agree the sky is falling.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
So the question is how does Ford make a profit if Ford is paying for 20-30% more batteries to get the same range and Ford is not scaling production to same level?
In addition to Ford having to pay for more batteries, those batteries aren't as good and cost more per KW. I could go on and on, Ford has their work cut out for them.
Just for fun, think about all the advertising you've been bombarded by Ford with for the Mustang Mach E. That adds to their cost, now add in that, Ford wholesales their vehicles to dealers while Tesla sales are direct at retail. Tesla is going to get crushed by Ford, haha hahaha YEAH RIGHT!

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
So the question is how does Ford make a profit if Ford is paying for 20-30% more batteries to get the same range and Ford is not scaling production to same level?
So it's very likely that Ford isn't going to be making as much profit per vehicle as Tesla is, it's even possible that they won't see a return on their EV productions for quite some time, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't do it.

I've been saying this for a long time, Tesla has a huge head start on other companies. Tesla has been doing this for over a decade now, they've failed more times than other companies have tried. Sure we aren't really seeing those failures but they definitely happened. Tesla has had the chance to experiment left and right with battery technology before other companies produced their first fully electric vehicle.

So Ford will get there but it will take time and i'm sure they will sink a lot of money into this until they can produce vehicles that can match the range of Teslas today. Tesla will probably pull further ahead but Ford can keep trying to close the gap.

The real test for Ford and other companies is the electric truck. I've been skeptical of other companies that are going from not having a single electric vehicle to having an electric truck in just a couple years.

If Ford can't bring out their Truck with the range that they are promising. More bragging rights for us Cybertruck owners.
Sponsored