What is Cyberbeast real world range at 80mph ?

Cbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
For those w CT (cyberbeast) can you help us understand the real range at a trip on highway at 80mph.

seems a much more realistic assessment to me for those of us on highways. 60 mph on highway in my state Florida would be problematic.

thanks for all the insights.
Sponsored

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
I do not have a vehicle yet, but based on every test and experience I've seen, you're looking at around 250-260 miles or so from 100% to 0 with stock wheels and tires. Of course terrain and temperature play a decent role so, results may vary quite a bit.

Last edited:

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT DM, Tesla MY LR, Tesla MY SR, Rivian R1S
Country flag
I've taken our dual motor on a few long road trips and I am comfortable with saying 240-250 miles of range at highway speeds. There are many factors that go into it, though, not the least of which is weather and wind speed/direction. Colder temps or driving into a headwind obviously hurt and warmer temperatures or a tail wind help.

Here's a screen shot from Tessie showing a few longer drives I took this past week and you can figure out the rough range and average speed from this data. The dual motor is rated for 318 miles for anyone curious.

Tesla Cybertruck What is Cyberbeast real world range at 80mph ? 1710776639515-57

Here's another screenshot showing the same trip between Denison, TX and Van Buren, AR roughly a month apart. The trip in February it was in the 20s and 30s and you can see some of the effect of that compared to the same leg in March.
Tesla Cybertruck What is Cyberbeast real world range at 80mph ? 1710776857282-t1

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT DM, Tesla MY LR, Tesla MY SR, Rivian R1S
Country flag
For those who believe the CT range sucks, this whole thread is counter to the fundamemtal idea of EVs! Enjoy the ride folks, not the noise and stress of 85 mph driving!
100% range has yet to be a problem for us. I tell people I can get a solid 3 hours of driving on the highway and after that long, I’m ready for a break. Putting it in terms of time vs range seems to disarm a lot of naysayers, too.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
If you are on the highway doin 75-80 still some variability, tires, payload, temp, etc.
That said there are some folks who have had CTs for a couple months now and have put on 5-10k miles.
Careful basing your estimate off a short trip or odometer, it is easy to get a 1,100 wh/mile or 350 wh/mile if you are slamming it on the highway or creeping around the city.

There is a whole thread about range below.
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...cybertruck-after-many-real-world-tests.10983/

TLDR if you are going 80 expect to get about 550 wh/mile at best
That equates to 180 miles of range using 80% of the pack
, if you take the time to charge overnight or a couple hours at a supercharger and start at 100% and go until the truck stops and you have to tow it you will get about 225

Tesla Cybertruck What is Cyberbeast real world range at 80mph ? zimage7700
Tesla Cybertruck What is Cyberbeast real world range at 80mph ? zimage7701
Tesla Cybertruck What is Cyberbeast real world range at 80mph ? zimage7702
Tesla Cybertruck What is Cyberbeast real world range at 80mph ? zimage7703
Tesla Cybertruck What is Cyberbeast real world range at 80mph ? zimage7704

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
For those w CT (cyberbeast) can you help us understand the real range at a trip on highway at 80mph.

seems a much more realistic assessment to me for those of us on highways. 60 mph on highway in my state Florida would be problematic.

thanks for all the insights.
Should be able to easily get at least 4,000 miles in the US.

Yes, I'm serious.

In reality, the fastest way to travel is indeed at a high speed, but starting to charge at will below 10% and only charging to about 50%.

Just reverified in may Model 3 this weekend, 0-50% only takes about 15 minutes, a little longer for the Cybertruck. Charging from 50% to 80% is going to probably take about 20 minutes. Yes, more time for less power.

I have no problem travelling from Georgia to Miami with just a few quick charging stops.

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
If you keep it 70 mph or under in the highway, you can achieve the range estimates. I did a round trip from SF Bay to Sacramento and averaged 381 Wh/mi. That equates to around 334 miles from 100% to 0%.

I did a trip from SF to Reno to South Lake Tahoe to SF and was I believe 391 Wh/mi. So to the folks posting horrible efficiency numbers on the highway have a heavy foot.

For me, at 80 mph to 85 mph I have a vibration coming through the steering wheel that some others have reported. I am not sure if that is a software feature or somehow the all terrain tires. So I rarely exceed 80 mph when driving my Cybertruck because it is not smooth at the low to mid 80’s.

Maybe the tires need to be balanced. Maybe others can come in. But at the end of the day, you can achieve the range estimates. And if you ride around town you can exceed them and push closer to 350 miles to 370 miles of range. This is what a consistent conservative driving habit.

So you just have to decide if you want better efficiency or a faster driving experience. You can’t have both. The math does not work.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Carlos Says: "For me, at 80 mph to 85 mph I have a vibration coming through the steering wheel that some others have reported. I am not sure if that is a software feature or somehow the all terrain tires. So I rarely exceed 80 mph when driving my Cybertruck because it is not smooth at the low to mid 80’s."
YIKES! Might want to check alignment?

OP
OP

Cbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
I've taken our dual motor on a few long road trips and I am comfortable with saying 240-250 miles of range at highway speeds. There are many factors that go into it, though, not the least of which is weather and wind speed/direction. Colder temps or driving into a headwind obviously hurt and warmer temperatures or a tail wind help.

Here's a screen shot from Tessie showing a few longer drives I took this past week and you can figure out the rough range and average speed from this data. The dual motor is rated for 318 miles for anyone curious.

1710776639515-57.png

Here's another screenshot showing the same trip between Denison, TX and Van Buren, AR roughly a month apart. The trip in February it was in the 20s and 30s and you can see some of the effect of that compared to the same leg in March.
1710776857282-t1.png
This is very helpful. Thank you for sending.

OP
OP

Cbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
If you keep it 70 mph or under in the highway, you can achieve the range estimates. I did a round trip from SF Bay to Sacramento and averaged 381 Wh/mi. That equates to around 334 miles from 100% to 0%.

I did a trip from SF to Reno to South Lake Tahoe to SF and was I believe 391 Wh/mi. So to the folks posting horrible efficiency numbers on the highway have a heavy foot.

For me, at 80 mph to 85 mph I have a vibration coming through the steering wheel that some others have reported. I am not sure if that is a software feature or somehow the all terrain tires. So I rarely exceed 80 mph when driving my Cybertruck because it is not smooth at the low to mid 80’s.

Maybe the tires need to be balanced. Maybe others can come in. But at the end of the day, you can achieve the range estimates. And if you ride around town you can exceed them and push closer to 350 miles to 370 miles of range. This is what a consistent conservative driving habit.

So you just have to decide if you want better efficiency or a faster driving experience. You can’t have both. The math does not work.
This is great. So despite the colder temps. Reasonable to think you can get to Tahoe with one charge on the way up.

OP
OP

Cbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag

the around town range is terrific. Much better than I would have expected. Thanks for the insights.

Last edited:

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
For those who believe the CT range sucks, this whole thread is counter to the fundamemtal idea of EVs! Enjoy the ride folks, not the noise and stress of 85 mph driving!
But what if I enjoy the ride and noise of driving 85 mph in my CT??? 😂😂

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
But what if I enjoy the ride and noise of driving 85 mph in my CT??? 😂😂
Then that part of the method of getting from point A to point B the fastest on short or long trips.
On short trips, where you don't use the battery up daily, it is no big deal.

On long trips, if you follow charging from 5-50% and stopping to charge more often, you actually get to your destination faster.

So no big deal!

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
The only time I'm concerned about range on one charge is when I go deep off paved highway. Off-road efficiency will suffer depending on the condition of the the road/trail. Careful planning is required.
Sponsored