John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Not so much a wash as a "stand in the bed and spray the rest of the manure out" tbh
Guess what the ad is showing… “organic” soil.

what makes soil organic? You spray it out of the truck bed.
Sponsored

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
This is a pickup truck why would anyone wash it?
If it was my personal truck I'd rarely wash it, but seeing as it'll be my business truck I need to at least vaguely look presentable.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
If it was my personal truck I'd rarely wash it, but seeing as it'll be my business truck I need to at least vaguely look presentable.
I'd imagine that "presentable" would vary widely based on the type of business you have. If you run an outfitter and remote guide kind of company, I'd seriously consider someone else if your truck wasn't at least dirty and hopefully even scratched with a possible dent or two.

Gogster2k

First Name
Gogian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Charger, Honda Odyssey, Tesla M3, MY.
Occupation
Retired. Tier II Desktop Support Tech, Southern California Edison
Country flag
I had this exact thought when I saw a model S go into the car wash yesterday. I asked the owner what she did about the doors and she just put it in valet mode. Not sure how that will work with the CT, and the presenting doors, but I assume it's like the model X or mach-e in that department. Whatever that solution is will probably also be the CT solution.
I hope so as it would be one of those days when my own car would give me attitude when trying to wash it! LOL!

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I just read a update from Elon that the “no door handles” may be operated by facial recognition. I just hope he includes “car wash mode” and/or just be able to temporarily disable facial recognition so that the doors don’t keep popping open when I am cleaning/washing my CT!
Man, I'm afraid Cybertruck won't recognize me the morning after a night out with the boys...Facial recognition? Seriously? I don't recognize myself some days.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
I just read a update from Elon that the “no door handles” may be operated by facial recognition. I just hope he includes “car wash mode” and/or just be able to temporarily disable facial recognition so that the doors don’t keep popping open when I am cleaning/washing my CT!
WHAT? You don't have someone else lined up to wash your CT? YOU can't afford a CT then. Where are you in line? NEXT?

Gogster2k

First Name
Gogian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
WHAT? You don't have someone else lined up to wash your CT? YOU can't afford a CT then. Where are you in line? NEXT?
LOL! Thanks drscot! I didn’t think about that angle of having others wash my CT for me ; ),
Naw! I wish! I’m in line at 252,146 so it could be a while even though I ordered the Tri-motor. I keep telling myself good things take time.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
LOL! Thanks drscot! I didn’t think about that angle of having others wash my CT for me ; ),
Naw! I wish! I’m in line at 252,146 so it could be a while even though I ordered the Tri-motor. I keep telling myself good things take time.
I am just shy of 200,000 with dual selected. I will be curious which one of us starts first.

Gogster2k

First Name
Gogian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I am just shy of 200,000 with dual selected. I will be curious which one of us starts first.
Me too! I’m always watching the YT videos on GigaTexas build progress. They are kicking Butt over there!

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Here is what will REALLY happen: Austin will likely have 'em ready in lots ot 25,000 CTs parked neatly basking in the Austin sun. On a raised platform, some sadistic individual will have a roller cage and turning handle full of numbered tickets matched only to the last 5 digits of your "order number". A very pretty "Daisy Duke", properly clad, will bend over to reach way down to pull a single ticket out of the hopper and hand it to the announcer. One lucky person out of 25,000 (mind you, probably a half a million or more of us actually showed up for this event) will have his or her number called and they will then have to form a single file line to get their designated CT which, by the way, happens to be parked in the very middle of the 25,000 strong CT fleet. Since the doors are all facially recognized, #1 will actually be the very last to be able to drive the first CT off, because the others must all be drawn, assigned, and released to their respective buyers first. Equally unfortunate is the fact that the key to activating the facial recognition resides only with someone with the initials of "E.M." , who is currently making his way to this groundbreaking event (albeit in "Elon time") to simultaneously unlock the belated facial recognition as well as the FSD which will automatically drive the proper CT to the proper owner in sequence, but only AFTER all 25,000 tickets have been drawn by the luscious "Daisy Duke" (or is she "Daisy Dook"?)! I don't hear a single complaint from the binocular enabled crowd as Miss Daisy draws each ticket one at a time. Heck, this event can continue all day and all night as long as that stage is well-lit and Miss Daisy keeps ticket-pickin'! Well, day is done and night lingers..... well, all night long. Sunrise breaks and sunlight reflects off that fleet of SS CTs with such brightness that everyone is afflicted with sun blindness (akin to snow blindness you know, but there is rarely such in Austin except for when the grid fails). Nobody can read their tickets as their numbers are called out! Of course, Daisy and the announcer are facing away from the morning sun so they see just fine. Wouldn't you know it? They went through that whole bucket-o'-tickets and not one other person could see to claim their vehicle! Unfortunately, the rules the game were that one had to be present and actually claim their CT or else concede their place to the next event attendees. I just knew there was a catch to this!

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I have seen the traffic jams with the workers leaving for the day. Add 25k more trucks to the mix, shudder to think of it.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
I have seen the traffic jams with the workers leaving for the day. Add 25k more trucks to the mix, shudder to think of it.
Seeing as they won't be moving much, it won't be a problem. The worst of the worst of bottlenecks!

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
I would think the tailgate could take a couple wacks then open, I assume you can open the tailgate with the vault closed... but the slideup vault thing seems like it could have problems with ice for sure!
I have a motorized cover on my truck now and the CT cover looks almost identical. Yes, ice is definitely a problem. Luckily here we do not get a lot of ice. Ice is about the only thing that has ever stopped mine from opening. The motor times out after a couple seconds without movement. I have never had any kind of problem with debris getting into the tracks and I have had this for several years now. I have on occasion closed it on a shovel sticking up and once a 5 gallon bucket of paint but luckily no problems. Obviously I don’t know exactly how the CT cover will be designed but mine also has a couple of rubber tubes that funnel any water that may collect in the side rails through and drips it out the front wall of the bed between the bed and cab.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
I have a motorized cover on my truck now and the CT cover looks almost identical. Yes, ice is definitely a problem. Luckily here we do not get a lot of ice. Ice is about the only thing that has ever stopped mine from opening. The motor times out after a couple seconds without movement. I have never had any kind of problem with debris getting into the tracks and I have had this for several years now. I have on occasion closed it on a shovel sticking up and once a 5 gallon bucket of paint but luckily no problems.
If there was enough ice to interfere with the vault cover, there is likely enough ice on the road to interfere with safe driving as well, AWD or not. I once went up a hill to avoid a 90 degree uphill turn in inclement weather (it froze after dark) in my AWD and slid backwards down the hill. Rather scary with virtually no control. If the roads have ice, I stay home. I'm going to bet that with all the snow testing Tesla does that they might think to incorporate some sort of heating system into the bed like defrosters for the windshield (or do they call it a "forward facing and transparent viewing panel" these days?
Sponsored