FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
I'd pay for normal door handles.

This is a neat feature, but if I get in an accident, I'd like people to be able to extract me from the car.

Four wheel steering is an awesome unexpected bonus, but the handles... not a fan.
As a retired firefighter, I can assure you that door handles are not necessary to "pop" a door. Sure, we trained to "try before you pry", but that was just to save the car. Note: As soon as the spreaders/cutters/rams are used on your new CT, it's totaled. Period. peace
Sponsored

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
As a retired firefighter, I can assure you that door handles are not necessary to "pop" a door. Sure, we trained to "try before you pry", but that was just to save the car. Note: As soon as the spreaders/cutters/rams are used on your new CT, it's totaled. Period. peace
Thank you! Been trying to get that across for over a week lol.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Thank you! Been trying to get that across for over a week lol.
LOL, this thread is 26 pages long. I said that in page 1… and might have had one follow up somewhere around page 2. For the other 24 pages, I haven’t been arguing this point, it’s just been echos of Ogre’s past.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
LOL, this thread is 26 pages long. I said that in page 1… and might have had one follow up somewhere around page 2. For the other 24 pages, I haven’t been arguing this point, it’s just been echos of Ogre’s past.
I literally posted a picture of the jaws of life and people kept arguing about glass shattering tools. This forum is so silly sometimes.

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Something else Tesla needs to consider here is that it's entirely possible the CT will be covered with mud, or whatever; from off-roading (see, not mall crawling). As this is potentially their ONLY vehicle that is likely to exist in this state, I am hopeful they allow a door release that takes this factor into account. As well as an option that can't be packed with mud or blocked by mud, etc.

It's very easy to test: Take the CT into some gnarly mud. Or, better, get someone that knows what mudding is, to test the CT for a week or a month in deep mud. It seems many of these systems are being developed in people's minds, or in a boardroom; and the real world would be a much better place to test the CT just as it will be used. peace

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Do the door handles make it an instant collectible… ?
Good question because I’ve got one still packaged up thst I was gonna give my kid!

Gordon E Peterson II

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently 2000 Chrysler Town & Country minivan
Occupation
retired computer programmer and consultant
Country flag
Good question because I’ve got one still packaged up thst I was gonna give my kid!
Is it actually electric somehow?
Hmm.... there actually are remote-control ones too, both 1:63 scale and 1:10 scale...listed on both Amazon and Ebay...

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
walking past CT, constantly closing doors. There is a Three Stooges routine in the making.

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Is it actually electric somehow?
Hmm.... there actually are remote-control ones too, both 1:63 scale and 1:10 scale...listed on both Amazon and Ebay...
No, there are two 1:64. One remote control (different box and it’s all plastic body) and one typical “regular” hot wheels with the shiny metal body as pictured here. I did buy both of them though, I couldn’t resist.

Gordon E Peterson II

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently 2000 Chrysler Town & Country minivan
Occupation
retired computer programmer and consultant
Country flag
A grocery store.... just walking past the hot wheels display and there she was.... calling to me.
I looked on Ebay and Amazon... incredibly diverse prices there. Hard to tell what the "real/normal" reasonable prices are like.
Sponsored