JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Speed of light is only a constant in comparison to density of matter.

-Crissa
There is empirically no way to prove that the speed of light is constant, in relation to matter or not, because there is no accurate way to measure light velocity at all and make a probable prediction.

Even if it was related to matter, which it might be to some degree, our artificial construct of time is not a valid representation of the natural world. What if "time" flows as a wave? (Imagine we are floating bouys at sea - which seems to be a more natural method of flow)

Note you cannot measure velocity without accurate time either. (m/s) So both are trying to validate themselves with eachother.

Anyways I'll leave it here for now so I'm not censored again for going on a "political" tangent for a technical comment in a thread. Just something to ponder.

PS even our definition of light is not consistent as it acts as both partical and wave.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Welcome to Gordon Johnson. World’s most profligate Tesla bear. I’m fairly certain his company serves customers who deliberately want to take anti-Tesla positions
Why do you think his company has customers?

Just asking.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is that salesman musk taliking?
Does he want more MY orders instead? Because they are a known quantity and guaranteed sales through the door?
Umm, no. Elon doesn't like salesmen. He just says what's really on his mind. He's a straight-shooter. Doesn't mean he's always right but he just tells you what he really thinks. And the truth of the matter is, no one knows when the Cybertruck will enter production and how long it will take to reach high volumes.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
New product lines like the Cybertruck and Semi are being limited due to the big elephant in the room, volume 4680 battery cell production. Tesla even admitted that the massive amount of battery cell production equipment currently on order will need to be modified once it arrives.

B7D68E6B-77B0-454B-908A-0E0F7FE9C20A.jpeg
What? You're telling us no supplier makes manufacturing equipment that's already set up to churn out 4680 cells? Tell me it ain't so!

/s

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Umm, no. Elon doesn't like salesmen. He just says what's really on his mind. He's a straight-shooter. Doesn't mean he's always right but he just tells you what he really thinks. And the truth of the matter is, no one knows when the Cybertruck will enter production and how long it will take to reach high volumes.
Musk is a straight shooter, but he’s often an optimist. He also very much likes to set extremely difficult to achieve goals and state them publicly as if they are fact.

Either that or he’s just a good con man.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Musk is a straight shooter, but he’s often an optimist. He also very much likes to set extremely difficult to achieve goals and state them publicly as if they are fact.

I think con is short for confidence man. Elon is literally the worst confidence man. Every time Tesla has an announcement the value of the company decreases for awhile. This is largely due to Elon's speaking style and the difficulty in discerning clarity.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Thats the mass of a 100million elephants in the size of a cube of sugar.
There goes my tea time. Thanks a lot for my new Sugar Cube Phobia.

What we perceive as "time" is nothing more than a "sequence of events."
Even if every moment was written in advance and there was a needle of time going from one to the next for us to perceive time, how would that needle “move” from one frame to the next? If number of events approach infinity, so does the number of needle movements. The needle still need ”time“ to get from one frame to the next even if it is only in our mind.

Don’t want to open the free will can of worms since I don’t believe we are free (have the option) not to believe in it. If you have a sense of pride or regret, no matter what your argument, you believe in free will.

Every derivative of a time construct is therefore subject only to our own momentary cognitive constraints,
How does that make it less real?

This also is consistent in our experience of time where we experience the sequence of events at different rates depending on our frame of reference and state of mind.
Now that explains “a month or so”

As such perception is reality
You my friend may have finally found the only way for us to get our CTs. Now if you don’t mind sharing the contact info for your dealer?

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Elon is almost always an optimist. It's built in to his nature. If he were not he could not have accomplished 1/10th of what he has.

He also tends to use language rather literally and precisely. It's not often that he slips up and states a prediction as a fact. But occasionally he will, typically when the context makes it clear that it's not a fact, it's a prediction but his language means it's a prediction he has a high level of confidence in. I would like to see an example of him stating completion of a very difficult goal as a fact. I don't think there are all that many examples of that. Usually when he states an opinion as fact it's about something more general. For example, he might say in 10 years every major player will have full autonomy, or something like that.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Elon is almost always an optimist. It's built in to his nature. If he were not he could not have accomplished 1/10th of what he has.

He also tends to use language rather literally and precisely. It's not often that he slips up and states a prediction as a fact. But occasionally he will, typically when the context makes it clear that it's not a fact, it's a prediction but his language means it's a prediction he has a high level of confidence in.
Probably the biggest thing is launch windows. Musk will often promise the product will be ready “By the end of the year”, “In two weeks”, “EOY 2021”, etc etc.

Much of the industry is a lot more conservative about making these sort of announcements. Ford for example will likely hit their predicted production start date with the F150.

The other one is Full Self Driving, he’s over-promised on FSD for years. Both in terms of what features it would have and in terms of when it would be launched.

Anyhow. None of this is to disparage. I think one way or the other, Tesla has gotten a lot better about hitting deadlines and I suspect most people have just learned to take what he says with the understanding that his (self-imposed) deadlines and comments about future products have some uncertainty built in. And FSD… well it’ll get there eventually.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
There goes my tea time. Thanks a lot for my new Sugar Cube Phobia.

Even if every moment was written in advance and there was a needle of time going from one to the next for us to perceive time, how would that needle “move” from one frame to the next? If number of events approach infinity, so does the number of needle movements. The needle still need ”time“ to get from one frame to the next even if it is only in our mind.

Don’t want to open the free will can of worms since I don’t believe we are free (have the option) not to believe in it. If you have a sense of pride or regret, no matter what your argument, you believe in free will.

How does that make it less real?

Now that explains “a month or so”

You my friend may have finally found the only way for us to get our CTs. Now if you don’t mind sharing the contact info for your dealer?

Sorry about that sugar...;)

I'm not saying that every moment or event is pre-determined. I believe in free will, but our choices are few.

As for the "resolution" of events there need not be individual frames in nature, think of a sand clock but with water etc. But in saying that we do seem to have a sensory sample rate. I consider however the natural world is analog not digital. The simulation, if there is one, is in our individual minds. That "perception" of our mind is reality, but only our private reality, of which others can only share a part, because they too have their own unique perspectives.

This is what me dealer tells me anyways. Who knows, I don't pay him to make cents. ?

---

As for my statements regarding EMs salemanship, that wasn't meant in a negative way. He is known to be a optimist, and that is useful for making people buy things. I am confident he is trying his best to get CTs into production.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
As for my statements regarding EMs salemanship, that wasn't meant in a negative way. He is known to be a optimist, and that is useful for making people buy things. I am confident he is trying his best to get CTs into production.
No idea what the rest of your post was meant to mean, but yeah, pretty much all of this.

Ford/ every other auto company -> They take a bunch of known technologies and put them together into a car. They do innovate and create new tech, they just make absolutely certain it’s complete before they make an announcement.

Tesla -> There is a breakthrough in their R&D which can shave 20% off manufacturing costs and make a better product. They estimate how long it should take to get into production and announce a new product and start pre-orders so they can ensure they have demand at launch.

Tesla gets the new technology to market sooner, but with much more uncertainty.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
No idea what the rest of your post was meant to mean, but yeah, pretty much all of this.
Sorry that was meant to be a response to Diehard, but for some reason it was missing the quote.

Last edited:

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Why do you think his company has customers?

Just asking.
I think there are investors who will simply never align with Tesla. Wealthy individuals who have a vested interest in retaining the status quo. Wouldn’t surprise me of that is where Gordon sources his client base. Nothing else makes sense.
Sponsored