Why the vault is too claustrophobic for sleeping and a tiny topper will make all the difference

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
People in tents are like GIFT WRAP for the bears. As someone who camps a lot, not having to do as much set up would make for a better camping experience. Sleeping in the vault would be the minimal setup effort with temperature control. I see sleeping in the vault or back row, more of a road trip style vacation set up where you are someplace different each night.

For example, when I pick up my Cybertruck in Austin and then driving back to San Francisco...sleeping in the truck or vault would be cool. I'd feel safe sleeping on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere or at a rest stop.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The silhouette is scaled to be 6' tall
It seems to be a bit taller than that. The legs are bent, the silhouette is at an angle, and the head is nearly half the height of the tailgate. The average man's head is about 8" in diameter, and under 15% of men at 6' tall, less than 1% are 6'6".

-Crissa

PS, bears rarely attack sleeping people, or tents. The number of large animal attacks in the US in he last fifty years on tents and sleeping can basically be counted on someone's fingers.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
PS, bears rarely attack sleeping people, or tents. The number of large animal attacks in the US in he last fifty years on tents and sleeping can basically be counted on someone's fingers.
The bear test thing is a joke I think.

But sleeping in tents is by and large safe. Probably more likely to get run over by a car in your tent than eaten by a bear.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Bears are being conflated with bearish markets and short sellers.

I am also having my son, when he gets around due to no interest, to illustrate a storyboard. You will take the bear threat seriously afterwards. ?

Gvardaman

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW 330ci, VW Corrado (non-op)
Occupation
Country flag
Well, why is this person inside a white coffin, which is within a purple coffin?
The angle of the side sails is also the angle of the Tonneau (minus an inch or so?)
I would ask Hodor to also enter by either sliding his feet into that area from the passenger compartment or climb in head-first from the tailgate.
+1 to sleeping lying down instead of sitting up.

flamaest

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
I am pretty sure the bed depth at the brake-light is going to be the same as the F-150 long bed, which is 21.4 inches deep. Additionally, bed length has been confirmed to match Ford's @ 6.5 ft long [78in] and 69in wide [no lost wheel well space in CT bed!], according to the top-down official Tesla patent documents.

And thus, a queen size bed [60x80] should fit if you cut 2 inches off the length of a foam bed. It might even fit unchanged under slight pressure when closing the tail gate.

EVPVStevie

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsociety.ca
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Regional Sales Manager - Shell Recharge Solutions
Country flag
This is just one of the reasons why I want the mid-gate. Have the rear seats fold flat, and put in an air mattress. Sleep with your head on top of the rear seats, looking up through glass roof. No more claustrophobia and you have a climate controlled environment.
It would be nice to not have the solar tonneau obstructed also so you can pickup some free juice in the am before you get up.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Just make the solar tonneau elastic. Use onboard air compression to charge the vault with positive pressure blowing the tonneau cover up like a ballon. With positive pressure, no zombie apocalypse viruses can enter.
Downside, breathing pressured air over time may lead to the bends when rapidly returning to normal atmosphere.

MAJOR PLUS: Blow the rear tailgate open and get shot out like a canon as nitrogen bubbles form in your system.

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
That 'human' in the diagram is ginormous.

-Crissa
To me the profile is "only" 6' 6". Not a giant, but great for top shelf.
Sponsored